Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The problem with most facebook groups is they are so false. Unlike this forum where a spade is a spade and we are lucky in that respect. The QVC facebook group is one of the most miserable groups I`ve ever read. No fun, no laughter, the admin are dictatorial, many members are so mardy and take offence at the drop of a hat and heaven forbid anybody says negative about a presenter cos you could be sent to the gallows.
I can feel it in my water that one day soon I will be tempted to open my gob and be sent into exile and booted off there just like I was booted off the original official QVC facebook group. For now I am watching, waiting and storing ammunition cos if I intend to put a cat amongst the pigeons I want it to be a damned big cat !
I totally agree and one of the reasons is that they "false advertise" . In the case of QVCUK group one would expect a mixture of everything positive and negative but as we can see as soon as someone says the slightest thing that isn't in praise of QVC or its presenters they'll be shot down in flames or banned. If the dictatorial admin on that site wanted a fluffy, nicey nicey fanpage then they should've advertise it as such. I understand that they've got to be careful that its members aren't libelling others or using threatening or abusive language, but surely there's nothing wrong with having an opinion! That's what I love about it on here - people can disagree with someone else's opinion on one thread, and agree on another and it very rarely gets nasty. I think we're a great group and we all rub along together quite nicely and that's the sign of a good forum and good admin.

I totally agree and one of the reasons is that they "false advertise" . In the case of QVCUK group one would expect a mixture of everything positive and negative but as we can see as soon as someone says the slightest thing that isn't in praise of QVC or its presenters they'll be shot down in flames or banned. If the dictatorial admin on that site wanted a fluffy, nicey nicey fanpage then they should've advertise it as such. I understand that they've got to be careful that its members aren't libelling others or using threatening or abusive language, but surely there's nothing wrong with having an opinion! That's what I love about it on here - people can disagree with someone else's opinion on one thread, and agree on another and it very rarely gets nasty. I think we're a great group and we all rub along together quite nicely and that's the sign of a good forum and good admin.
I couldn't agree more. We're a :cool: bunch here.

Latest posts

Back