Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So he has lost a stone and a half with the vibrapower. He was in a state about eighteen months ago. As usual, he seems reluctant to go into great detail (because it never happened) but he had to go to hospital and they had a word with his partner Bet! He's such a toad :mysmilie_51:

It was longer than 18 months ago, but in 2012 he was hospitalised and away from work for a number of weeks. He was told he was overweight and would have to lose some. When he came back, he was noticeably much thinner and lacked his usual energy, prompting concern from viewers. Hope this helps clarify things. Without being rude, he doesn't go into detail because it's no-one's business but his own.

It might not be anyone else's business ,but the repulsive little man is more than happy to keep telling everyone he has multiple 'problems'.Too b***** right he does.

It was longer than 18 months ago, but in 2012 he was hospitalised and away from work for a number of weeks. He was told he was overweight and would have to lose some. When he came back, he was noticeably much thinner and lacked his usual energy, prompting concern from viewers. Hope this helps clarify things. Without being rude, he doesn't go into detail because it's no-one's business but his own.

He doesn't go into detail because the story he tells is fake. He'd talk about it all day long if it was true. Instead he alludes to whatever he's selling at the time helped him. He wasn't overweight/obese like he makes out. He was ill with Septicemia and Pneumonia and lost weight.

The man is a contradiction and a phoney!

Oh, the irony! I can hear the laughter from here, Paz!

Are we talking about the same man? One who is prepared to tell you everything medical in nauseating detail when it suits him, but suddenly comes over all "private". Thanks so much for giving me such a good laugh!:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_59:

I wouldn't wish Septicaemia on my worst enemy, I had it myself last summer and spent a week in hospital feeling like death, but recovered fully thanks solely to the brilliant hospital staff and follow-up care, so I would be the first to sympathise with Pete. But that doesn't alter the fact that the bloke is a fake and alters his stories to suit the occasion and what he's flogging. No more, no less. I've never seen him looking remotely obese - yes, he might put on a few extra pounds, as do we all, but you could not call him obese, surely. I can certainly vouch for the fact that you lose weight with this problem, and I've put mine back on (sadly, as I could well do with a few pounds off), but he forgets that viewers have long memories and can remember he's altered the story to fit the occasion. Come on, we're not daft.

He doesn't go into detail because the story he tells is fake. He'd talk about it all day long if it was true. Instead he alludes to whatever he's selling at the time helped him. He wasn't overweight/obese like he makes out. He was ill with Septicemia and Pneumonia and lost weight.

The man is a contradiction and a phoney!

Paz, I see you've decided to just appear like a puff of smoke, I'll just say this, Peter Simon is a disgusting pervert, who's sexual innuendos know no bounds, from 9am to 9pm, does he care if children are watching? absolutely not. He's not there to tell us his private business mainly because no one gives a shat, but he will tell you one of his stories if it's in his favour. The man is there to sell products and sell products only, not to perform one of his failed 1980s "comedy" acts because I don't know if he knows it, but Larry Grayson he ain't! Saying that he can't even present properly, "just buy it" "not only" "were getting busy now check out yeh baskets" you wouldn't believe he was trying to sell a microwave would you? The mans disgusting and I've reported him endless times. So, Paz who I take it are a member of Ideal World staff, Gems Tv stomached him for less than a week and got rid, so well done to them. As for him being "funny" I've had Gostroenteritis that was funnier than Peter Simon.

And surely that's the point, isn't it? It's entertainment. Of course it's an act, but if it makes us smile, then that's a good thing. Isn't it? :)

It's not an entertainment channel, it's a shopping channel, he doesn't make us smile, so no it's not a good thing.......no!.

I wouldn't wish Septicaemia on my worst enemy, I had it myself last summer and spent a week in hospital feeling like death, but recovered fully thanks solely to the brilliant hospital staff and follow-up care, so I would be the first to sympathise with Pete. But that doesn't alter the fact that the bloke is a fake and alters his stories to suit the occasion and what he's flogging. No more, no less. I've never seen him looking remotely obese - yes, he might put on a few extra pounds, as do we all, but you could not call him obese, surely. I can certainly vouch for the fact that you lose weight with this problem, and I've put mine back on (sadly, as I could well do with a few pounds off), but he forgets that viewers have long memories and can remember he's altered the story to fit the occasion. Come on, we're not daft.

No I wouldn't wish it on anybody history and I'm glad you made a full recovery. I remember him being ill at the time and a lot of forum members voiced their concern for him. He looked too ill to be working actually.

The thing with him is, he never says now what he was suffering from all those years ago because of course a vibrapower slim is not going to help septicemia or pneumonia. Instead he talks about when he was ill but changes the story to suit, making out he was overweight/obese and alluding to heart problems etc. and trying to flog fitness/weight stuff on the back of that.

Sorry to hear that h, belated best wish, glad you're better now.

Paz...............Honestly have a wee look back at what you have just wrote "he doesnt go into detail as its his private business", Yes its that private that he has told these tales over and over time after time but ironically enough the man himself has (to my knowledge) never said what he was ill with! ............Sympathy selling? Maybe I'm wrong? In saying that maybe I'm right?

But but but but Paz.........Peter Simon is more than happy to mention on almost every hour that he was very ill and unwell and was told by his doctor blah blah blah................Take a wee minute with this one, How anyone can say oh the poor man etc etc is beyond me!

Its like all the presenters you cant roll out family members left right and centre to make a sale then expect no come back from the viewing pubic to question what the presenters have said! Example Peter Simon in one hour says he is single and lives alone in a cold house but in the very next hour he says something like, Me and my other half were just saying yesterday that our house is far to warm! EH????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
He's also told us that he has mobility problems with his knees and his back.....and then on the same evening, but a different hour, different product, he's been using fitness equipment, twisting right and left, and springing up from a squatting position - how many people with bad knees/backs can do that several times in an evening? I'd suggest not many. Personally, I think if somebody lies about quite serious medical problems, they should be aware of karma....there are people out there who would be only too glad to be able to move around freely, but can't, and they are the people I feel for, not those who seem to use ill-health as a selling pitch.

Paz...............Honestly have a wee look back at what you have just wrote "he doesnt go into detail as its his private business", Yes its that private that he has told these tales over and over time after time but ironically enough the man himself has (to my knowledge) never said what he was ill with! ............Sympathy selling? Maybe I'm wrong? In saying that maybe I'm right?

But but but but Paz.........Peter Simon is more than happy to mention on almost every hour that he was very ill and unwell and was told by his doctor blah blah blah................Take a wee minute with this one, How anyone can say oh the poor man etc etc is beyond me!

Its like all the presenters you cant roll out family members left right and centre to make a sale then expect no come back from the viewing pubic to question what the presenters have said! Example Peter Simon in one hour says he is single and lives alone in a cold house but in the very next hour he says something like, Me and my other half were just saying yesterday that our house is far to warm! EH????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Can I just say, and I genuinely mean this, now I have decided to appear 'like a puff of smoke', it's delightful to have made so many friends! Sorry to be a newbie here; it seems you have to have watched Ideal World since the very beginning to post here. So sorry again.

Everyone here who slates Pop It In Pete makes sure they watch every show he is on. So clearly he is doing his job. He alters stories about his private life, and remains very much an enigma - and you're all obsessed with him. Aren't you? Just why is he a 'disgusting pervert?' You don't know him. And you can't figure him out. So you keep watching. So, AGAIN, clearly he is doing his job.

Anyway, do keep slating him, his selling techniques, his stories - everything. I tell it like it is, me. And you lot will keep watching as long he keeps broadcasting. Haha! Remember - you might not know it, but somebody somewhere loves you.

Incidently, one poster thinks I am an employee of Ideal World. Any ideas which one I might be ... ?

It's not an entertainment channel, it's a shopping channel, he doesn't make us smile, so no it's not a good thing.......no!.

Couldn't let this little gem go by. 'It's not an entertainment channel, it's a shopping channel' ... of course it's entertainment. You wouldn't watch if it wasn't entertainment! Well, you probably would, just to have a good old joyless whinge. Well done you!

Couldn't let this little gem go by. 'It's not an entertainment channel, it's a shopping channel' ... of course it's entertainment. You wouldn't watch if it wasn't entertainment! Well, you probably would, just to have a good old joyless whinge. Well done you!

Firstly, I don't watch if I want to buy I prefer to look at the website because let's face it, you only get a chorus of "just but it!" and "not only" if the dirty old perv is on anyway, and secondly...............:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Can I just say, and I genuinely mean this, now I have decided to appear 'like a puff of smoke', it's delightful to have made so many friends! Sorry to be a newbie here; it seems you have to have watched Ideal World since the very beginning to post here. So sorry again.

Everyone here who slates Pop It In Pete makes sure they watch every show he is on. So clearly he is doing his job. He alters stories about his private life, and remains very much an enigma - and you're all obsessed with him. Aren't you? Just why is he a 'disgusting pervert?' You don't know him. And you can't figure him out. So you keep watching. So, AGAIN, clearly he is doing his job.

Anyway, do keep slating him, his selling techniques, his stories - everything. I tell it like it is, me. And you lot will keep watching as long he keeps broadcasting. Haha! Remember - you might not know it, but somebody somewhere loves you.

Incidently, one poster thinks I am an employee of Ideal World. Any ideas which one I might be ... ?

I watched enough to know I won't watch him ever again, and if you think comments such as "I'm coming up the rear" "I do love a hard one" "I've never seen one as big as that, it'll bring tears to your eyes" all followed by the up and down glance, sucked in cheeks and staring in to the camera, all before the watershed, so if you find this acceptable viewing then no, it's well done to you, these are just a few comments I've caught, even when I hop on then immediately off when he's on. You do what you want to do, think what you want to think "newbie" (if you say so. :mysmilie_17:) I've said my bit now, I've spent five minutes more than I'd ever want to spend on him, and to be honest I wouldn't want to guess which employee you are, I really couldn't give two tosses, ooops :mysmilie_15:

Don't forget to check out your baskets! And shopperholic - it's good that you won't be watching again. Hopefully that'll mean you'll stop whinging!

Do you not believe I'm a 'newbie' here?

He's also told us that he has mobility problems with his knees and his back.....and then on the same evening, but a different hour, different product, he's been using fitness equipment, twisting right and left, and springing up from a squatting position - how many people with bad knees/backs can do that several times in an evening? I'd suggest not many. Personally, I think if somebody lies about quite serious medical problems, they should be aware of karma....there are people out there who would be only too glad to be able to move around freely, but can't, and they are the people I feel for, not those who seem to use ill-health as a selling pitch.

I can't get up from kneeling without help.

Someone definitely carries some love for ol'Pete.Takes all sorts I suppose.Please also respect that others have a right to express that they find his comments and innuendos disgusting on what is supposed to be a family shopping channel.I personally do not like him at all . Also, I definitely have neither the time or inclination to watch him enough to form any obsession with him ,but wonder why our new forum member should appear suddenly and interact with others solely to defend PS so strongly.Personal connection or someone who likes to argue?

Someone definitely carries some love for ol'Pete.Takes all sorts I suppose.Please also respect that others have a right to express that they find his comments and innuendos disgusting on what is supposed to be a family shopping channel.I personally do not like him at all . Also, I definitely have neither the time or inclination to watch him enough to form any obsession with him ,but wonder why our new forum member should appear suddenly and interact with others solely to defend PS so strongly.Personal connection or someone who likes to argue?

'No obsession' says the poster who's user name is Petespants, and until recently, had a picture of Peter Simon as his profile picture. You couldn't make it up!

In all honesty, I came here because I enjoy watching Peter Simon on Ideal World. Sometimes I buy something. I remember him from my youth and am glad to see he has made some success on shopping channels. So it shocks me that he should attract such hatred and vitriol when he's simply there to make you smile and sell a few bits.

Do you ever get new members here? I ask because my few posts have been questioned in a way that is far from welcoming. I 'suddenly' appear, do I? How else do new members begin posting? I actually don't like to argue, but my liking of PS has attracted such rudeness and bile, how would you react?

Latest posts

Back