Lovers of Kipling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know this has been commented on here before, but have just taken delivery of SIX brand new bags - (not all for me, but given the price they are next year's xmas presents ! ) all bought from Vente-Privee. It can take around 4 -6 weeks for delivery but totally worth it.

My stash of 6 included 3 different coloured large Olano at £14 each, a red Halia tote bag - £14, and 2 others at £10 and £16 respectively - total of £82.

I believe the principle is, end of colours/ranges, you make your order and Vente-Privee then order from the company - hence the delay in delivery from France/Belgium. I refuse to pay Q or even Amazon prices when clearly everyone is making a profit even at these rock bottom prices.

I always intend to give it a go but (a) by the time I am able to log on most of it has gone and (b) I'm not very familiar with Kipling bags to know about sizes, patterns etc.

I spend so much time loading Q to get an idea of the bag then back to VP then back to Q I get fed up and give up. All this small, medium and then some not defined gets be confused so I'm never sure if I am comparing like with like.

I'm not a big Kipling fan and the last one I (well Mr L as a gift) purchased directly from Kipling in their sale was nothing like the colour described and on the label/invoice (was orange and black but was called yellow) but by the time I was given it from Mr L it was too late to return, in fact I was very disappointed overall and if it hadn't been official Kipling I would have said it was a knockoff.

I have had several Kipling bags over the years, now I refuse to use any other make for day to day. I have a Mulberry and a Radley that are around ten years old for events, but I stick with Kipling, I say to people if my life were a Kipling bag it would be sorted!

Me too brissles, my box came yesterday. I got two leather purses £10 each, two Kotral cross body bags £13 each, two three pack of pouches £5.50 each, one creativity leather purse and it's that big I'm going to use it as a clutch bag £12, all that for less than the price of one bag sold on QVC. The prices are that good on vente-privee.com I always stock up, at those prices you can't afford not to. :mysmilie_14:

There's a Kipling sale on Vente Privee tomorrow. You need to be registered with VP to shop but there's time to do that today and then shop tomorrow.

Has the postage always been £7?

No, over the past year it's gone from £6 to £6.50 and now it's £7. There's never been a Kipling sale, that I'm aware of, so soon after the last one which was only about 4 weeks ago. I didn't know there was another one till I was mooching around and seen Kipling on vente-privee. I'm registered for alerts so must've missed it. Nothing catches my fancy in this sale so I'm not bothering.

:up::up::up::up:I was in the market and bought one or two with holidays and presents in mind. £7 sounds steep, but it is the same if you buy one or several items. They manage a price only slightly higher than QVC's steepest per unit charge for goods shipped from France. Unlike QVC where useful plain colours are scarce, there are lots of black and neutral colours as well as older seasonal prints and styles. VP are very efficient in my experience.

Actually I surprised that there is still so many available as usually they are all gone by now. It was about 6pm last night before I was able to see what there was but I don't think I missed too much.

Still dithering!

Even with the £7 that's good from France, you can pay £6.95 from QVC and that's just for one thing, where a as VP that's per order.

Even with the £7 that's good from France, you can pay £6.95 from QVC and that's just for one thing, where a as VP that's per order.

I agree for an entire order from France. If it had been a bit nearer Christmas I would have probably purchased more making the £7 even better. As you say I purchased 2 bags and a purse so only a couple of pounds each.

Really good if you were buying cases or backpacks but I wasn't in the market for either of those. If there had been leather bags even one would have ok but if you only wanted a £27 bag (same as one purchased at Xmas at a much higher price in the Kipling sale) the £7 seems high so making you buy more to spread it out :mysmilie_17:

Just received email that my order has been despatched. This seems very quick as I seem to remember posters worried about non delivery as it was taking so long.

This is my first order with them so fingers crossed everything is ok

Just received email that my order has been despatched. This seems very quick as I seem to remember posters worried about non delivery as it was taking so long.

This is my first order with them so fingers crossed everything is ok

That's unusual because the sale doesn't end till Tuesday the 28th meaning you can still add to your order till the sale ends for just the one p&p. Funny enough my despatch date is a week after the sale ends so in this case the 3rd to the -10th of April, normally other sales it's been about three weeks after it ends, so this one is quicker. Once despatched you get it in about five days, but like I say it's unusual that it's been despatched before it ends, I mean what if you wanted to add to your order, will you have to pay another £7 p&p? Hope not because that wouldn't be fair if they despatched it now. If you don't want anything else then woohoo! your order is on the way, don't worry it'll be fine, I've never had any trouble with delivery and always got my order.

Arrived safe and sound today (even though the tracking says it is still in progress!)

Just worked out on 2 average bags (not leather or backpacks or big bag) and a small creatively purse I have saved £117 on Q prices and postage.

Mind you Kipling are very overpriced they really are only worth what I paid VP for them.

And guess what - I haven't a clue what the blasted monkey names are! That's me drummed out of the Kipling monkey groupies.

Latest posts

Back