Littlewoods direct....on iw

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone remember Debbie and Glen Campbell selling sexy underwear on Shop? They were really funny especially Debbie and yes the laugh was really dirty!

I liked Debbie Flint when she was at QVC but I thought she lost her way a bit once she left, the same goes for Paul Lavers. I did like Debbie Jones on shop, herself and polti Pat gave me many a good laugh.:ANYWORD:thumbs up

Having watched a repeat of the show this morning i must say its one of the best shows they have done for along long time, they showed loads of products, this is how they should be all of the time not just having 1 product for 2 hours solid.

Amazing what you can do when you have the stock or should i say some one elses stock !

Things change, if they didn't stagnation would be the result and IW might fold. Despite all the slaggings Ideal World has taken on this Forum, the majority of them deserved, I'd hate to see the channel go down the plughole. Perhaps Littlewoods might be the first of a lot of new ideas, let's hope so.

I LOVED shop! Such a pity they didn't just relaunch it, it was the best channel by far, for entertainment,and for easy payment. You just ordered and paid when the bill came, every thing came with 3 months interest free credit, and the postage wasn't extortionate either. The presenters all got on really well, and it was so entertaining to watch.

I LOVED shop! Such a pity they didn't just relaunch it, it was the best channel by far, for entertainment,and for easy payment. You just ordered and paid when the bill came, every thing came with 3 months interest free credit, and the postage wasn't extortionate either. The presenters all got on really well, and it was so entertaining to watch.

they never really got established and the product range was limited and I had trouble telling which hours were live and which were repeats. But agree about the billing, and delivery was excellent.

they never really got established and the product range was limited and I had trouble telling which hours were live and which were repeats. But agree about the billing, and delivery was excellent.

I actually thought that the product range was pretty good. The only gripe, I guess was that there wasn't an awful lot of unusual stuff, it was mainly "high street", but I found it incredibly useful when there was something I'd been umming and ahhing about for a while, and you could see it being demonstrated, and more often than not, it would give me the impetus to go and get it. I also liked that they had a lot of "mixed hours"...ie, not just dedicated to skincare, or one ladder! Like I say, I really miss it. I remember when they announced they were closing, I was shocked and quite upset..but then I wasn't working full time back then, and watched a lot more than I should!

Yeah it was my all time fave shopping show - even though I very rarely order stuff from TV shopping, I liked Shop for the banter - it was just a good laugh. I am sure I recorded the last 10 minutes of shop when they were saying their farewells. Debbie was in tears IIRC. I have still got that clip somewhere.

Mike Hancox, the new CEO at Ideal World worked for Littlewoods Shop Direct as Chief Operating Officer prior to his last job at Otto.

Debbie Flint and Debbie Jones were awful presenters imo, couldn't stand either of them and couldn't see what all the fuss was about with Flinty.
Paul Lavers, there was a shopping telly God if ever I saw one. As for Shop, always thought it was a bit up its own bum, not very friendly and not very competetively priced either. I remember their xmas bloopers one year, one blooper and a whole stream of just clips selling :(

Latest posts

Back