Ageing gracefully or maybe not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just caught sight of Michelle Hope & I don’t know what age she is but why do some woman cling onto their youth long past the sell by date?The blonde long locks with heavy fringe,very tanned skin showing signs of ‘proceedures’? And the heavy eye makeup.She even makes Tiffany look almost normal.We all get older & nothing wrong with trying to look the best you can but ‘age appropriate’ is my mantra!( @ 70!)

If you see someone like Judi Dench who knows her look your first reaction is ”gosh doesn’t she good well” whereas if you see the MH type your first thoughts are “mutton dressed as lamb”.

It is particularly bad in a woman who has managed to keep her figure so if you see her from the back you think 30ish, she turns around and you see she is a hard looking 65 living in the past.

It is one thing to look modern and as good as you want but deluding yourself that just because you wish you were still living in 1960s that it’s a good idea to keep your makeup and hairstyle the same for 40 years.

It baffles me when I see the feeding frenzy when a new beauty tsv comes out and everybody chomping at the bit to buy it even though they may have lots of stuff stockpiled. Let`s face it if years of buying X.Y and Z beauty stuff hasn`t worked miracles then why do people think a new and usually more expensive cream,lotion or potion will do the trick ?
There must be millions of pounds worth of unused makeup and skincare lurking in cupboards and bathrooms and yet people still buy more. Why ???
I`m in my 60`s and when I look in the mirror I don`t expect a 30 year old face looking back at me and nor should I. My face has aged along with the rest of me and instead of being afraid of that I embrace it. Some of the loveliest faces I see belong to older women who are at ease with themselves and they give off an air of being wrapped in a mature kind of elegance.

i like skincare and make up but won't buy thousands of pounds worth of stuff when the reality is i will only use a hundred pounds worth unless your buying Perricone. qvc does encourage stock piling before qvc you bought a cleanser because it ran out not to store dozens of bottles under the bed or in the wardrobe. its tempting but a real waste of money

I slap any old moisturiser on my face, so long as it doesn't cost more than a weeks food shop or tested on animals, and my skin looks pretty darn good (if I do say so my self :mysmilie_17:) It's a lot better than the resident beauty presenters that's for sure, and she has access to everything so there's only two conclusions and that's she mustn't use any of them and is telling porkies and they're all a load of old crap.

Yes, MH has a terrific figure - whatever her age is, and would look fabulously chic with a sleek haircut and tailored clothes, and she should ditch the fashion footwear - it smacks of desperation. Free of make up and her hair pulled back I bet she isn't half bad, but the slap ages her beyond belief.

If she's happy and confident with her look, good luck to her. There's no wrong or right way to look at any age, except that you accept yourself and are happy in your own skin.

I always go with if it does not break my rosacea out and I enjoy using then I will use it.

Said this many times fillers, lifts etc do not make you look younger just you had work done. Kylie turned into Mr.Spock years back, one eyebrow is much higher than the other one. She has had work done and back out there as a new album coming out. Does she look like a 30-year-old? Not she looks like a 50-year-old who has botox and fillers to the max.

There are some benefits if you keep skin moisturised, it heals better after injury or surgery if the skin is supple. It does not stop ageing and some of us age faster than others. There are endless numbers of products on the market and makeup on older skin looks much better if it is subtle rather than full on. IMO.M.H. Looks ****** awful here is nothing natural looking about her and of course there are many others as named in the previous posts. I never pay more than £10 or so for beauty products and for my age (76) I am happy in my own skin without trying to look like a teenager. Please ladies be happy with yourself and keep smiling.

'Some of the loveliest faces I see belong to older women who are at ease with themselves and they give off an air of being wrapped in a mature kind of elegance'. Vienna, I love your beautiful words.

I always go with if it does not break my rosacea out and I enjoy using then I will use it.

Said this many times fillers, lifts etc do not make you look younger just you had work done. Kylie turned into Mr.Spock years back, one eyebrow is much higher than the other one. She has had work done and back out there as a new album coming out. Does she look like a 30-year-old? Not she looks like a 50-year-old who has botox and fillers to the max.

It's funny, but when someone relatively young has work done, I automatically assume that they are older than they actually are.

Regarding MH, I wouldn't be surprised if she was pushing 70 but she is probably a bit younger. The work she has had done makes her look older.

[mum writes]

I have always been interested in skin care and makeup, but not heavy makeup. I'm on the thinner side and - at 75 - my hair is still dark with some grey appearing now. I certainly wouldn't go down the route of surgery or pay hundreds for products. Recently, I was in hospital for a spell and there were some old ladies in the ward at the same time. One next to me made a very cutting remark about mutton dressed as lamb because I took the time to moisturise and do my hair each day. I was in a down state already but that was very hurtful. I can't help but think that people get jealous somehow and start making incorrect assumptions. I guess what I'm trying to say is that live and let live should apply. I don't get why people spend hundreds of pounds on plastic handbags with a name on them, but I wouldn't stop them if it makes them happy. I do what makes me feel ok and strive to be happy and raspberries to anyone who doesn't like it :D

Its not so much about MH's face - there's so much slap on it that its hard to tell what state her skin is in, and anyway she hides behind her hair, very rarely looking at the camera. No, its more her dated hair style which is more Country singer circa 1960 than anything else, and tight trousers and killer heels that are her undoing; and like someone else said on here - looks like a 20 year old from the back, until she turns around.

Latest posts

Back