Do QVC face creams contain gold?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
About a week ago I posted about Lidl night cream that said "1% gold" on the label.

I've been doing some research on this, and wonder if any QVC face creams purport to contain gold, and how much gold, and how much they cost.

So if anyone has any, could you please let me know.

I'm still waiting to hear from Lidl CS, but it seems that their cream does contains something called "colloidal gold", which is water with microscopic particles of gold suspended in it.

Perhaps the cream contains 1% colloidal gold, which in turn may contain virtually no gold. In other words, a bit like the Welsh gold con that QVC peddle.

So does anyone have any QVC creams containing gold?

About a week ago I posted about Lidl night cream that said "1% gold" on the label.

I've been doing some research on this, and wonder if any QVC face creams purport to contain gold, and how much gold, and how much they cost.

So if anyone has any, could you please let me know.

I'm still waiting to hear from Lidl CS, but it seems that their cream does contains something called "colloidal gold", which is water with microscopic particles of gold suspended in it.

Perhaps the cream contains 1% colloidal gold, which in turn may contain virtually no gold. In other words, a bit like the Welsh gold con that QVC peddle.

So does anyone have any QVC creams containing gold?

I don't know, but they should do, given the amount of money they charge for them.

I wonder what the gold is supposed to do, given that it is an inert element, all it can really do is impart some sort of shimmer, I would imagine.

On the other hand, SILVER is a natural antibiotic, and is used in some skin creams because of this property.

Yes, it is. I've got some plasters which contain silver. I bought some new shoes and when I took them off after the first day of wear I found they were soaked in blood :( so I got th3e silver plasters on my heels. I also put a few drops of tea tree oil on them. I wonder if gold is antibacterial, too? I'm sure my grandmother had gold injections for arthritis, too.

Your earler thread is in The Drop's Health & Beaut section now Strato if you were wondering. If you google Argyria you'll see photos of people with blue skin (permanent) from ingesting colloidal silver medication or exposure to silver nitrate (used in developing photos). I doubt an occasional plaster would be cause for concern!

I thought some early Prai stuff used to claim to have gold in it. Mind you, that was back in the day when Cathy Kangas was droning on, madly, about some of their ingredients coming from Mars and the rest from a secret sect of Thai monks who had only previously supplied the Royal Family. Snake oil with sparkle!

I thought some early Prai stuff used to claim to have gold in it. Mind you, that was back in the day when Cathy Kangas was droning on, madly, about some of their ingredients coming from Mars and the rest from a secret sect of Thai monks who had only previously supplied the Royal Family. Snake oil with sparkle!

The Prai brand has "gold" and "platinum"ranges but I thought the gold name just refers to their retinol product like THIS product. But they have THIS face cream that claims to include 24k gold, probably the whole production run has the meerest waft of a goldsmith's jock strap over it - a bit like the Welsh gold content in Clogau!

This is the list of ingredients for the 24k cream taken from the Praibeauty.co.uk site - a little light Bank Hols reading...like "where's Wally" but there is gold in the list, can you find it:

"Water (Aqua/Eau), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-11, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, PEG-IO Dimethicone, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol , Silk Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Colloidal Gold, Zingiber Cassumunar Root Oil, Tocopherol, Isodecyl Isononanoate, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Polydiethyleneglycol Adipate/IPDI Copolymer, Sodium PCA, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Mica , Gold , Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-IOO Stearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyl taurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, o-Cymen-5-0L, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI4479J), TiniOxide(CI77861), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891)"

:mysmilie_846: not enough to build a replacement crown Alan, sorry!

Last word: I've been wearing my gold wedding ring for 25 years but that finger looks the same age as the others!

Nevertheless, the main constituent is water.

I will see if I can take a pic of the Lidl ingredients and put it on here for comparison.

PS I've just noticed that the Prai cream has RUST in it (iron oxide).

Here is a pic of the Lidl ingredients (click to enlarge).

I haven't checked everything yet, but it looks very similar to the QVC Prai cream, and I assume at a fraction of the price.

IMG_4085.jpg

I'll be in Lidl this week so I'll have a look at the range...as if I need any skin care!:mysmilie_50:

Rang Lidl CS, nothing done yet after over a week, so contacted ASA as follows:

Ad type: Packaging

Brand/product: CIEN (from Lidl)

Your complaint:

The product is Cien (Lidl) "Cell Regenerating Night Cream" (50ml).

The main banner on the product says "1% GOLD", implying that it contains 1% gold.

I estimate that a gold content of 1% would be worth about £15.

But the cream only cost about £3-50.

Therefore I believe that the claim that it contains 1% gold is FALSE, and is therefore misleading advertising on the packaging.

Apart from as already posted above for Prai, does anyone have any other creams from QVC that have GOLD in the ingredients list? Or, for that matter, any other skin creams containing gold.

If there are any from QVC, I will ring QVC CS to try and find out how much there is, and what it is there for.

As you know, I have an interest in gold (especially CROWNS) :)

Latest posts

Back