JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn’t see the end of the show because I had to switch off as I was blinded by Simon’s big brash in his words amazing offerings.I did notice Julia seemed to have an even darker hair colour than usual ready to take on the role of blushing bride?

Heard her say today that it would have been her parents Platinum Wedding Anniversaryand that is why they chose the date.

The dress was not a good look!

Did actually think when it was first said that the date had been decided it was an anniversary and a special one too.
Hadn’t realised it would have been their platinum year.
Maybe I’m one on my own but I have to say I find the whole thing thoughtless to her mother.
Why on earth would you go to the lengths of getting married years down the line so far away on the date of your mother and fathers platinum wedding anniversary when your mother is stuck alone in the UK??
I’m not judging Julia getting married abroad and not having her mother at her wedding that’s her business.
But to do it and say it would be their platinum anniversary is a very very strange one in my eyes.
Why wouldn’t you at the very least do the wedding thing but on her mums very special date have a blessing/wedding celebration or even a party to mark both occasions with her mum and Chris’s mum??

Did actually think when it was first said that the date had been decided it was an anniversary and a special one too.
Hadn’t realised it would have been their platinum year.
Maybe I’m one on my own but I have to say I find the whole thing thoughtless to her mother.
Why on earth would you go to the lengths of getting married years down the line so far away on the date of your mother and fathers platinum wedding anniversary when your mother is stuck alone in the UK??
I’m not judging Julia getting married abroad and not having her mother at her wedding that’s her business.
But to do it and say it would be their platinum anniversary is a very very strange one in my eyes.
Why wouldn’t you at the very least do the wedding thing but on her mums very special date have a blessing/wedding celebration or even a party to mark both occasions with her mum and Chris’s mum??

I can beat that for tasteless timing. My husband`s middle aged daughter is marrying for the second time in October to her boss who she was having an affair with whilst still married to her first hubby and on the 10th anniversary of her late Mum`s death. Mr Vienna nor myself have not been invited, all because Mr V still talks to her first hubby who is the Father of Mr V`s grandchildren, also his ex work colleague of over 20 years and was ousted out of the marital home as she moved her new lover in. She expects her Dad to do as she says and totally wipe her first hubby out of existence just because her new partner is insecure and dislikes her having anything to do with her ex .
Mr V finds it distasteful that she`s marrying on the anniversary of her Mum`s death which was sudden and very traumatic as she simply dropped down dead in the street and seeing as her late Mum was a straight talking religious lady who would have been horrified at her daughter`s extra marital affair and the way she`s tried to bully her Dad.
Mr V and other close family such as her brother and Aunts simply can`t get their heads around her choice of date.

Your husband should let his daughter have her wedding with his love but not his presence and let the day pass only having his thoughts for the sad memory. There is no reason whatsoever for him to distance himself from the ex husband on her say-so and why should he, the strong connection is already established with the grandchildren and they would be hurt and confused if your husband did as she is demanding. Her new partner will just have to suck it up and accept the entire existing family which includes the children's father, that's life!

Latest posts

Back