Garden Pick of the Month - Page 3        

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought quite a few bulbs last year in Wilkinsons and i was pleased with them, those Tulip colours look awful to me.

Likes candycane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wilkos are good for seeds, bulbs and plants and cheap as chips
    Likes Twilight , grovesy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovesy View Post
    I bought quite a few bulbs last year in Wilkinsons and i was pleased with them, those Tulip colours look awful to me.
    I really like parrot tulips and have had some spectacular ones from De Jager but these Hayloft ones look a bit muddy in colour. Not impressed. One thing about QVC bulbs as well from whichever company you buy from on air, they only last one year and then don't come back. Considering the cost of them they aren't very good value for money although to be fair the one year they do grow they are usually gorgeous.

CC
    Likes ERICS MUM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought shed-loads of tulip bulbs from Lidl last Autumn and had great success. They usually have them on 3 for 2 offer mix or match tulips, daffs etc. I always ignore the planting instructions and plant closer together for a better display.
    Thanks candycane thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Pick of The Month

Luxform Stainless Steel Dual Head Battery Powered Security Light 29.99 Delivered
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.518993

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
    Garden Pick of The Month

Luxform Stainless Steel Dual Head Battery Powered Security Light 29.99 Delivered
    http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.518993
    looks like something QVC have had for a long time hanging around in their warehouse

Post Thanks / Like

Lights on in the video yet Kathy and Gill are in the dark. So how on earth would it light up a garden it’s barely lighting beyond right up close to the light.
    Likes stratobuddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Girl View Post
    Lights on in the video yet Kathy and Gill are in the dark. So how on earth would it light up a garden it’s barely lighting beyond right up close to the light.
    I said the same about another light, the studio lights have to be dimmed so much that you can't see the presenters.
    Likes Dream Girl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yet more lack of info in the description!

It says it comes with 3 batteries, but no mention of what type. Are they AA batteries, which are very cheap?

Or are they the large D cells, which are very expensive, and could be over 75 for 3 rechargeable ones (quick online search at Amazon).

And non-rechargeable ones would cost a fortune in the long term with all the replacements that would be needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting watching Ken from plants to garden he was selling double flowered tete a tete daffs saying your neighbours wont have these well ken sorry but they are freely available online in fact i just bought 20 for 5 cheaper than plants to garden so i pays to check before paying over the odds on qvc
    Likes grovesy liked this post