Yankee Candle TSV 27/6/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh I love the sound of the Xmas drop, I'm a sucker for those kinds of names and smells - I'm actually excited for this, how sad is that!

Ummmm .... Well, I can't talk.

I must say I like the sound of the first one if it's anything like the Bubbly Pomegranate a year or two ago. I never got that one but I smelt it in a shop and it was quite rich and Black Cherry-like, which I love.

Well I have had severe toothache for several days now and my emergency dental visit today has resulted in a double extraction booked for tomorrow. So I will buying all these babies to cheer myself up!

:mysmilie_59:

Well I have had severe toothache for several days now and my emergency dental visit today has resulted in a double extraction booked for tomorrow. So I will buying all these babies to cheer myself up!

Aw, best of luck tomorrow. Extreme treating is called for, I agree.

Aw, best of luck tomorrow. Extreme treating is called for, I agree.

Thank you! And my day started so well as a friend offered me a spare ticket for Hamilton!!!! I was so excited but my good mood was soon extinguished. Still, what can you do? But another thing to piss me off is that I never miss a check up or hygienist visit and this is the result. :sad:

I'd rather eat 16 wasps followed by having my leg chewed off by a rabid crocodile than go to the dentist. Hope your visit is pain and trauma free and enjoy your candles when you get them.

CC

I'd rather eat 16 wasps followed by having my leg chewed off by a rabid crocodile than go to the dentist. Hope your visit is pain and trauma free and enjoy your candles when you get them.

CC

Thank you. By the time I had about six injections and she got started, I didnt actually feel any pain. Some rather alarming cracks were audible, but no pain. Sadly the drugs are wearing off now so I might get stuck into the ibuprofen.

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Farmers Market Large Jars
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.709989

Auto-Delivery
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.710586

QVC Price £54.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P £4.95

This Farmers Market collection from Yankee Candle includes three large jar candles in exciting new scents for autumn/winter; Dried Lavender & Oak, Golden Chestnut and Ciderhouse. Discover three of Yankee Candle's wonderful new seasonal fragrances with this fresh and fruity candle trio.
Brand new fragrances - welcome home three new fragrances from Yankee Candle and fill your rooms with fresh, fruity and woody scents. From beautiful lavender and vanilla to warming roasted chestnut and spice, as well as fresh apple with golden honey, this gorgeous collection will transport you to a bustling farmer's market.

Head outdoors - not only perfect for inside your home, these beautifully fragranced candles are also ideal for adding a calm and cosy ambience to evenings spent in the garden. Why not grab a blanket, light a candle and spend an evening gazing at the stars?

Keep on discovering - select our Auto Delivery option and receive an additional three collections; one in September, one in December and one in March 2020 - all at today's fantastic price. Each collection will include three new seasonal fragrances to try.

Total burn time: up to 450 hours

Contains:

1 x NEW Dried Lavender & Oak large jar candle (623g) - bunches of lavender mingle with the woodsy scents and spices
1 x NEW Golden Chestnut large jar candle (623g) - roast chestnuts with ground spices, woodsy herbs and a touch of citrus
1 x NEW Ciderhouse large jar candle (623g) - freshly pressed apples lightly spiced with notes of sandalwood, tonka and vanilla bean, and golden honey

September Christmas Scents Collection contains:

1 x NEW Pomegranate Gin Fizz large jar candle (623g) - sweet pomegranate mingles with fresh citrus, berries, gin and agave syrup
1 x NEW Candlelit Cabin large jar candle (623g) - rustic pine, warm spices and earthy notes fill the air, with base notes of patchouli, amber and top notes of rhubarb and apple
1 x NEW After Sledding large jar candle (623g) - tempting treats of sweet maple, baking spices and vanilla bean

December Mystery Collection contains:

3 x large jar candles (623g) - in NEW spring/summer fragrances. Be one of the first to discover them!

March Mystery Collection contains:

3 x large jar candles (623g) - in NEW spring/summer fragrances. Be one of the first to discover them!

they have put my not so favourite ones in the first drop but the auto deliveries are far nicer cunning or what!...bought the shea butter set: 2 large 1 medium 1 small jars and two boxes of t lights boring but I know I will love this set

I’ve been having a really repetitive argument with myself over this TSV and I’m just about winning! That is, my common sense is winning, because of course I’ll always be a winner and a loser in my own internal arguments!

Impulse: Do these sound rather nice? Yes.
Common Sense: Do I have at least one similar to each already? Yes, probably a few.
Impulse: Are they a good price? Absolutely.
Common Sense: Do I already have candles I’ve been storing for a few years which were “bargains” at the time? Yes, by the box load.
Impulse: Will I get enjoyment from buying, anticipating, receiving and trying these? Yes, definitely (*finger hovers over Buy Now button*)
Common Sense: Do I need three more candles which will probably not get lit for a couple of years and meanwhile add to my already unmanageable storage pile? Definitely not (*slams lid of iPad case shut*)

Anyway, my Tarte TSV has just turned up so hopefully that will satisfy my “new stuff” compulsion and keep me occupied for a while.

As ever, dying to hear what everyone thinks of these TSV candles and I will share some of your pleasure in getting them if you don’t mind.

I’ve been having a really repetitive argument with myself over this TSV and I’m just about winning! That is, my common sense is winning, because of course I’ll always be a winner and a loser in my own internal arguments!

Common Sense: Do I have at least one similar to each already? Yes, probably a few.
Common Sense: Do I already have candles I’ve been storing for a few years which were “bargains” at the time? Yes, by the box load.
Impulse: Will I get enjoyment from buying, anticipating, receiving and trying these? Yes, definitely (*finger hovers over Buy Now button*)
Common Sense: Do I need three more candles which will probably not get lit for a couple of years and meanwhile add to my already unmanageable storage pile? Definitely not (*slams lid of iPad case shut*)

Anyway, my Tarte TSV has just turned up so hopefully that will satisfy my “new stuff” compulsion and keep me occupied for a while.

As ever, dying to hear what everyone thinks of these TSV candles and I will share some of your pleasure in getting them if you don’t mind.

Well done, AndiK - I was still up past midnight (****** insomnia) so cracked at 12:10am, there was never any doubt I would cave :mysmilie_17:

How's the Tarte TSV, is the foundation colour ok? Fingers crossed!

Well done, AndiK - I was still up past midnight (****** insomnia) so cracked at 12:10am, there was never any doubt I would cave :mysmilie_17:

How's the Tarte TSV, is the foundation colour ok? Fingers crossed!

Oh, believe me, I came close, too. I tuned in about ten past midnight as well so maybe I was getting the same buying vibes over the ether as you! It felt like “the old days” when I would eagerly anticipate all the Yankee shows and offers, what with Rosa doing her expert descriptions. I almost bought for old times’ sake. I’m still not 100% decided but must stay strong and I won’t be sorry if it sells out early. I’m pleased for you, though.

Oh, yes, I am just about to post on the Tarte TSV thread. In summary, so far, so good. The shade you said is perfect! Thank you!

Now I could have had exactly the same internal conversation, except my answer to the last question was YES! I ordered at midnight as I was still awake. Well this is probably why I was still awake!! I havent watched the demo yet to hear about these mystery candles which might be a concern but I shall have to monitor the 2020 releases online. I certainly dont need the equivalent of three cakey vanillas turning up! Still my own justification is a reward for having to have the two teeth out which I think deserves something!

Would have liked but I didn't buy. I'm trying to be good as I've had five easy pays come out recently :mysmilie_476: and I really have to tell myself I don't need any more stuff and there will be another TSV/bargain right around the corner if I miss this one.

CC

Now I could have had exactly the same internal conversation, except my answer to the last question was YES! I ordered at midnight as I was still awake. Well this is probably why I was still awake!! I havent watched the demo yet to hear about these mystery candles which might be a concern but I shall have to monitor the 2020 releases online. I certainly dont need the equivalent of three cakey vanillas turning up! Still my own justification is a reward for having to have the two teeth out which I think deserves something!

Now you had a 100% watertight excuse, Mazza.

As for the mystery future ADs, you are right to be wary. In my experience, when QVC say they can’t tell us what an AD will contain because it will be so new, it hasn’t even been decided yet, but they’ll let buyers know before they despatch, well, they won’t at all. You will no doubt have to call and ask a few weeks before the AD is due or prepare for a surprise (although, as you say, you can probably guess by seeing what Yankee are launching that season). This was what happened with every other TSV I bought on AD with unknown future drops anyway (eg Nails Inc). They may have improved. Or maybe someone on here will find out and post. Actually, I don’t follow Rosa on social media but she will probably announce it as she’s conscientious.

I have been umming and ahhing all day. I buy a lot from Temptation Gifts and they have these plus a few more in the Farmers Market range. The tsv is an excellent price but I am not sure that I will like all 3 so I am thinking that I might order some samplers from Temptation and just buy the large jars if I like them. Sometimes you get a large jar and dont like the fragrance - I have done that - so I am not sure that I will risk ordering them and then not liking one or two which will make the price not look so attractive.

There are still 6 hours left so I might change my mind in the meantime.

I have been umming and ahhing all day. I buy a lot from Temptation Gifts and they have these plus a few more in the Farmers Market range. The tsv is an excellent price but I am not sure that I will like all 3 so I am thinking that I might order some samplers from Temptation and just buy the large jars if I like them. Sometimes you get a large jar and dont like the fragrance - I have done that - so I am not sure that I will risk ordering them and then not liking one or two which will make the price not look so attractive.

There are still 6 hours left so I might change my mind in the meantime.

This helped me decide, too. When they are US specials, on the other hand, if I don't like them all, I can sell one or two on eBay, but if these are available generally in the UK, I'll be lucky to net £10 or £11 a jar after eBay/Paypal fees and P&P .. and there's the hassle.

On the other hand, as you say, still 6 hours to get through!!

Ive just received mine and ordered my usual matching tarts and tealights (and then I saw SCW's post re the MB offer at JLP and ordered that!!!).
Ive done the cold (well cold as anything can be today) sniff and report as follows.
Ciderhouse. This smells like a traditional Yankee autumnal spiced apple to me, nothing at all like cider IMO. But I like the apple ones so that is fine.
Golden Chestnut.The top notes to me are very smoky and remind me of the Yankee Thanksgiving style of candle. Possibly Be Thankful.
Dried Lavender. The strongest. Quite a sharp lavender and definite wood notes. I shall pair the first two together and hope to find a singleton in the next lot for Lavender. If Candlelit Cabin is a cologne style, I think the Lavender would go with it.

Ive just received mine and ordered my usual matching tarts and tealights (and then I saw SCW's post re the MB offer at JLP and ordered that!!!).
Ive done the cold (well cold as anything can be today) sniff and report as follows.
Ciderhouse. This smells like a traditional Yankee autumnal spiced apple to me, nothing at all like cider IMO. But I like the apple ones so that is fine.
Golden Chestnut.The top notes to me are very smoky and remind me of the Yankee Thanksgiving style of candle. Possibly Be Thankful.
Dried Lavender. The strongest. Quite a sharp lavender and definite wood notes. I shall pair the first two together and hope to find a singleton in the next lot for Lavender. If Candlelit Cabin is a cologne style, I think the Lavender would go with it.

I have been waiting for a report back. Tarketta next. I am looking forward to smelling for myself in the shops.

Latest posts

Back