Nina Leonard Fashion Designs TSV 15/07/19 - Page 3        

       




Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    899
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We have had one cruise so far this year,another later on and 3 booked for next year. We choose adult only ships and out of school holidays. I don't mind the little ones it is the 16 plus age group we have found cause problems. On our 1st cruise in 2009 2 were escorted off the ship in Kefalonia.



         
    Thanks maymorganlondon thanked for this post
    Likes Evie , Twilight , shopperholic , candycane liked this post
     

  2.      
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpop View Post
    We have had one cruise so far this year,another later on and 3 booked for next year. We choose adult only ships and out of school holidays. I don't mind the little ones it is the 16 plus age group we have found cause problems. On our 1st cruise in 2009 2 were escorted off the ship in Kefalonia.
    Blimey! but it didn't put you off :mysmilie_3:

    It sounds like you may be the most seasoned cruiser here - so for anyone contemplating embarking (pun intended) on a cruise holiday, you will be a fount of knowledge and experience on the pitfalls to avoid and what to look for for the best chance of success. You've already shared 3 super tips.

    Are there any cruise locations you particularly enjoyed and would recommend - Med, Baltic, Caribbean etc? Or particular companies you think are better?
    Likes Twilight , Lemonpop liked this post
     

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    899
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
    Blimey! but it didn't put you off :mysmilie_3:

    It sounds like you may be the most seasoned cruiser here - so for anyone contemplating embarking (pun intended) on a cruise holiday, you will be a fount of knowledge and experience on the pitfalls to avoid and what to look for for the best chance of success. You've already shared 3 super tips.

    Are there any cruise locations you particularly enjoyed and would recommend - Med, Baltic, Caribbean etc? Or particular companies you think are better?
    We have been with Tui (now Marella),Royal Caribbean,MSC and P&O. We have read bad reviews on all the cruise lines but we have never ever found a problem. I think a lot of people moan just to get money from cruise lines. Last year we couldn't get into Olbia due to bad weather, ferries weren't being allowed in. You would think it was a major catastrophe the way some people went on about it. Our first cruise was 17 days, I asked my hubby what would happen if I didn't like it. Luckily we loved it. Our favourite and most used is P&O and we have always gone from Southampton. Best tip book cruises onboard you get more on board credit and only 50 deposit per person. We have been to the Fjords,Baltic, Canaries and Med and honestly have loved them all.
    Thanks maymorganlondon thanked for this post
    Likes Evie liked this post
     

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I received my dress today and absolutely love it - it's quality material (even if it is polyester), it's nicely cut and a perfect fit (bought Large, I'm a HS size 14) and it makes me feel fabulous wearing it - really chuffed!
     

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpop View Post
    We have been with Tui (now Marella),Royal Caribbean,MSC and P&O. We have read bad reviews on all the cruise lines but we have never ever found a problem. I think a lot of people moan just to get money from cruise lines. Last year we couldn't get into Olbia due to bad weather, ferries weren't being allowed in. You would think it was a major catastrophe the way some people went on about it. Our first cruise was 17 days, I asked my hubby what would happen if I didn't like it. Luckily we loved it. Our favourite and most used is P&O and we have always gone from Southampton. Best tip book cruises onboard you get more on board credit and only 50 deposit per person. We have been to the Fjords,Baltic, Canaries and Med and honestly have loved them all.
    Do you get a feeling of movement all the time on the ship, or do you just adjust? My sister fancies a cruise next year. She said someone she knew had to have time off work when they got back as their balance was not right when she got home. Have you met Jane McDonald on one yet??:mysmilie_17: I always enjoy watching her travels on cruises, except when she sings at the end.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
    I received my dress today and absolutely love it - it's quality material (even if it is polyester), it's nicely cut and a perfect fit (bought Large, I'm a HS size 14) and it makes me feel fabulous wearing it - really chuffed!
    This is a lovely post & your delight is clear to see. Receiving something so quickly is the added bonus.
    Thanks Tarketta thanked for this post
     

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
    I received my dress today and absolutely love it - it's quality material (even if it is polyester), it's nicely cut and a perfect fit (bought Large, I'm a HS size 14) and it makes me feel fabulous wearing it - really chuffed!
    Isn't it great when you buy something, receive it, put it on, it fits and you look fabulous :mysmilie_59: Just putting one toe back to my cruise, I wore a QVC maxi dress on the posh night and I had loads of compliments, for once I felt a million dollars wearing a poly dress lol.

    CC
    Thanks Tarketta thanked for this post
     

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    899
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Do you get a feeling of movement all the time on the ship, or do you just adjust? My sister fancies a cruise next year. She said someone she knew had to have time off work when they got back as their balance was not right when she got home. Have you met Jane McDonald on one yet??:mysmilie_17: I always enjoy watching her travels on cruises, except when she sings at the end.
    I do get vertigo if it rolls side to side but sea sickness pills cure that. To be honest the pitching up and down doesn't seem to bother me . We usually have a deck 10 cabin and have been middle and front of ship and tbh I dont feel anything unless it is really rough.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Herts/Beds
    Posts
    7,215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ordered the tsv, 'just to see'. Anyway it arrived today. Its going back.

    I ordered the amber blush (roses), which I thought looked ok on the tv, but clearly under studio lights the print is vivid, in daylight it doesn't really work. The fit is not great either. I ordered the 2xl to give me more room across the back, and yes the sleeve fits well, but its too baggy everywhere else, and the xl would have fitted but too small on the sleeve.

    I have a similar and better styled one like this from Kim & Co, bought a few years ago - 3/4 sleeves with just one empire line seam - in black with pink roses (she also did a maxi in the same print), AND it also has pockets - clearly Kim was ahead of her time !

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpop View Post
    I do get vertigo if it rolls side to side but sea sickness pills cure that. To be honest the pitching up and down doesn't seem to bother me . We usually have a deck 10 cabin and have been middle and front of ship and tbh I dont feel anything unless it is really rough.
    Thanks Lemonpop. Think I had better avoid them as I get dizzy sometimes when I lie down. My sister is far more hardy - I am sure she would cope.
    Likes Lemonpop liked this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •