katherine goldsmith        

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default katherine goldsmith

Just read her 'background' on the website, and after reading the following, my one thought was 'really ? '. So you just 'sashay' into presenting, like you do; so how does that work then ? Read a few books, learn a bit of stage craft at amateur dramatics and we can all get a cushy job with lots of perks on QVC.

"A keen interest in fiction and the stage led to drama school before her sideways sashay into presenting....

I always wondered what the criteria for employment was, apart from overgushing, and able to pose for the monitor (chuntley), have terrible nails and dress sense (chloe), act like an idiot (Kabler), wave your arms about like a windmill (craig), screech like a banshee (pippa), cackle and self promote (flinty), stutter and overtalk (taylor).

I'm too bored now to carry on.

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot the ability to say "Wow!" every 7.3 seconds.

I can't stand to watch her, she's one of the "turnover" crowd on QVC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
    Just read her 'background' on the website, and after reading the following, my one thought was 'really ? '. So you just 'sashay' into presenting, like you do; so how does that work then ? Read a few books, learn a bit of stage craft at amateur dramatics and we can all get a cushy job with lots of perks on QVC.

"A keen interest in fiction and the stage led to drama school before her sideways sashay into presenting....

I always wondered what the criteria for employment was, apart from overgushing, and able to pose for the monitor (chuntley), have terrible nails and dress sense (chloe), act like an idiot (Kabler), wave your arms about like a windmill (craig), screech like a banshee (pippa), cackle and self promote (flinty), stutter and overtalk (taylor).

I'm too bored now to carry on.
    Smarm without charm (Biagi), Being a 50+ Disney princess (Ickle Claire), Deluded aspirational icon - from chorus line to author & always staying in size small (Queen Julia)

Post Thanks / Like

My hubby and I call Simon Biaggi 'Mr. Insincerity'. I think he suits the name really well.

Post Thanks / Like

He talks to everyone as if they're 3 sarnies short of a picnic. Can't stand him.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

QVC presentations are getting so bad it’s like one long comedy show. The other day I switched on to QVC and there was Julia. I quickly pressed mute because i didn’t want to listen to her and watched her actions and it was hilarious. Gurning, coquettish glances at the camera, hair flicking......... Try it, it’s really funny and shows how ridiculous they have become.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    My hubby and I call Simon Biaggi 'Mr. Insincerity'. I think he suits the name really well.
    Back from when he did property shows on real TV we have called him Onion Bhaji

Post Thanks / Like

I always find Simon “Cheesy” Biagi is mocking the viewers the way he acts, he blatantly lies too and has been caught out on several occasions but does he care? absolutely not, he’ll still carry on safe in the knowledge that his job is guaranteed and secure, no matter what he does or says, as long as he wants it. That’s why he can act like a big daft tosser and get away with it.
    Likes alter ego , candycane, Evie , Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    QVC presentations are getting so bad it’s like one long comedy show. The other day I switched on to QVC and there was Julia. I quickly pressed mute because i didn’t want to listen to her and watched her actions and it was hilarious. Gurning, coquettish glances at the camera, hair flicking......... Try it, it’s really funny and shows how ridiculous they have become.
    You're so right. When I first started watching about 17 years ago, the presentations were more measured, there were no fashion stylists, and guests were a rarity, so most of the permanent presenters managed to talk for an hour on their own, as a result there was no gibberish chatter about their personal lives.

Today, Julia and Charlie presented on their own, and because there was a lack of idle gossip the shows were much more watchable.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the presenters have morphed into parodies of themselves. Rather like the Muppet Show or Spitting Image.