Elemis TSV 10/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

7 piece set inc PCMC & the Apricot Toner

Do post soon Super, when you know. We'll all be interested to see, I'm sure.

And following Keeley’s multiple warnings it wouldn’t have the ultra rich version, just how are we going to have a Christmas now!

:mysmilie_50: :mysmilie_17:

She is such a bullshitter.....:taphead:

Last edited by a moderator:
is it me but what are the Elemis body products s strange. the shower stuff is like slime and no lather. the body "balm" is like slime and not moisturising. am I missing something???

No Boffy you are not. Their shower gels never really foamed going back to the early days last century. I have used Sensitive Wash on my face for years though it was always for face and body. They repacked it about 2 or 3 years ago and suddenly the product was a little thinner in texture and actually foamed much better.

The only one I ever remember actually foaming was the Muscle Soak and it was not mad foam.

is it me but what are the Elemis body products s strange. the shower stuff is like slime and no lather. the body "balm" is like slime and not moisturising. am I missing something???

I had forgotten about the body balm! I wouldn't say slime but I didnt like it very much. I prefer a standard body lotion. I can remember from years ago when they were all about the Skin Nourishing Milk Bath reading on here and seeing on Tv that you could use it as a body lotion and it was very nice. That was the basic milk not any special edition versions, and not too much or it could feel a bit sticky. But it was good alternative use because I can remember getting a supersize in a set and I would never use it as a milk bath, so I got value out if the product. Rambling on, sorry!

I am JUST able to use essential oil based spa brands and enjoying the comfort now in my latter years. I used to buy the Elemis TSV's keep the body stuff and give my best friend the face stuff. but found I was not getting a good deal as the body stuff is well below par...just imo of course.

Decleor are a nice brand and love most if not all they sell. well aware of the dumbing down since they were bought out by is it L'oreal which is a shame.

I am JUST able to use essential oil based spa brands and enjoying the comfort now in my latter years. I used to buy the Elemis TSV's keep the body stuff and give my best friend the face stuff. but found I was not getting a good deal as the body stuff is well below par...just imo of course.

Decleor are a nice brand and love most if not all they sell. well aware of the dumbing down since they were bought out by is it L'oreal which is a shame.

:mysmilie_497:

And following Keeley’s multiple warnings it wouldn’t have the ultra rich version, just how are we going to have a Christmas now!

:mysmilie_50: :mysmilie_17:

I also heard her say there won't be any night matrix in the TSV so that's another reason not to buy it.

CC

When I first bought Elemis on QVC (always and mainly the Christmas TSV), they did nice unisex scents like Tranquil Touch and Quiet Mind. They had begun to stray into totally gimmicky and overpoweringly scented products like the vile Evening Blooms Dry Oil... and things have gone steadily down hill from there in terms of their bath and body products since then. I never liked the milk bath products at all, which are still a much-hyped part of their range.

Elemis (and their sister brands) used to be unusual in not using SLS in the bath and shower products. Nowadays everyone has woken up to this cheap and nasty ingredient, and most brands offer SLS free products. You'll find them in the supermarkets and the drugstore, and at a variety of price points.

It is generally the case, though, that if you don't use SLS you won't get the massive suds that everyone has come to expect from shampoo, handwash, shower gel and bubble bath products.

On the face products, I find Elemis a bit hit and miss. I dislike and don't rate their toners at all (especially not the Apricot one) and sadly, these days I cannot trust PCMC not to give me an allergic reaction.

Since I've found highly enjoyable and more affordable products out on the dreaded high street, QVC and Elemis will not be getting my money this Christmas, but I hope those of you who still find this brand effective will enjoy whatever is in the TSV.

Decleor do a lovely new set of shower gels that get poor reviews but its my absolute favourite shower product. it does not have SLS but it foams beautifully. the scent is sophisticated and not in your face but still lovely. its so gentle so you could get away without a body lotion but I need it.

Decleor do a lovely new set of shower gels that get poor reviews but its my absolute favourite shower product. it does not have SLS but it foams beautifully. the scent is sophisticated and not in your face but still lovely. its so gentle so you could get away without a body lotion but I need it.

I just went on their site after you posted this and it's interesting to see how many products are currently not available. I wonder how many of the products being repackaged are in reality being reformulated? It looks like they are going to dropper bottles for the aromessences.

I bought the TSV earlier this year with the lavender fine in it, and it's much nicer than you'd think. But I would say, the old fragrances were more unisex than the new ones in my opinion. The trend towards "floralizing" everything is not exactly inclusive, and I fear they are moving in the same direction as Elemis.

Why do beauty brands always assume if you are female you will prefer floral scents? It's not always true.

I just went on their site after you posted this and it's interesting to see how many products are currently not available. I wonder how many of the products being repackaged are in reality being reformulated? It looks like they are going to dropper bottles for the aromessences.

I bought the TSV earlier this year with the lavender fine in it, and it's much nicer than you'd think. But I would say, the old fragrances were more unisex than the new ones in my opinion. The trend towards "floralizing" everything is not exactly inclusive, and I fear they are moving in the same direction as Elemis.

Why do beauty brands always assume if you are female you will prefer floral scents? It's not always true.

it must be a generational thing I was born in the 60's and the perfumes had guts: now its sickly sweet florals and thats about it for women

It looks like they are going to dropper bottles for the aromessences.

No, no and no. I have never had one of those dropper things that actually works and you end up wasting half the product. I sent back I don't know how many of the Judith Williams dropper bottles that didn't suck up (ooer) and Avon's are the same. Just keep the nice little glass bottles that have the small hole in the top so the product doesn't gush out and you can use every last drop of the hugely expensive oil. I totally agree that the "repackaging" will have some degree of reformulation and their customers will be able to tell right away.

Decleor have annoyed me with all their unnecessary changes to try and hoodwink the customers and I haven't bought any for ages.

CC

I actually bought the Lavender one on offer from allbeauty. Now I use it in the bath and not made foam but I love the real lavender smell.

Elemis 7 Piece Collection TSV 10/11/19 (Choice of Skin Nourishing or Modern English Rose) (2nd Pic is From Alison Young on instagram)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239350

PCMC
PC Cleansing Balm
Apricot Toner

5ml Oil

Shower Cream
Oil-Rich Body Cream
Hand & Nail Lotion

Elemis TSV.jpg

weqwqe.jpg

I actually bought the Lavender one on offer from allbeauty. Now I use it in the bath and not made foam but I love the real lavender smell.

it's gorgeous. got the 400ml in the TSV in lavender lovely just before bed. I bought the three 250ml in neroli, lavender and rose reduced

I won't be going for this. Don't like cleansing balms, have gallons of LE skin toner and more than enough body products. I like the marine cream but not much else in this TSV.

CC

Latest posts

Back