Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

7 piece set inc PCMC & the Apricot Toner

Thanks Dream Girl , llloyd thanked for this post
    Likes candycane, SisterBliss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
    And following Keeley’s multiple warnings it wouldn’t have the ultra rich version, just how are we going to have a Christmas now!

:mysmilie_50: :mysmilie_17:
    Likes boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
    Do post soon Super, when you know. We'll all be interested to see, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Girl View Post
    And following KeeleyÂ’s multiple warnings it wouldnÂ’t have the ultra rich version, just how are we going to have a Christmas now!

She is such a bullshitter.....:taphead:
    Last edited by Sazza; 16-10-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    Likes lynnonthelake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

is it me but what are the Elemis body products s strange. the shower stuff is like slime and no lather. the body "balm" is like slime and not moisturising. am I missing something???
    Likes Akimbo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No Boffy you are not. Their shower gels never really foamed going back to the early days last century. I have used Sensitive Wash on my face for years though it was always for face and body. They repacked it about 2 or 3 years ago and suddenly the product was a little thinner in texture and actually foamed much better.

The only one I ever remember actually foaming was the Muscle Soak and it was not mad foam.
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post
    Likes SisterBliss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    is it me but what are the Elemis body products s strange. the shower stuff is like slime and no lather. the body "balm" is like slime and not moisturising. am I missing something???
    I had forgotten about the body balm! I wouldn't say slime but I didnt like it very much. I prefer a standard body lotion. I can remember from years ago when they were all about the Skin Nourishing Milk Bath reading on here and seeing on Tv that you could use it as a body lotion and it was very nice. That was the basic milk not any special edition versions, and not too much or it could feel a bit sticky. But it was good alternative use because I can remember getting a supersize in a set and I would never use it as a milk bath, so I got value out if the product. Rambling on, sorry!
    Likes Akimbo , boffy , llloyd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am JUST able to use essential oil based spa brands and enjoying the comfort now in my latter years. I used to buy the Elemis TSV's keep the body stuff and give my best friend the face stuff. but found I was not getting a good deal as the body stuff is well below par...just imo of course.

Decleor are a nice brand and love most if not all they sell. well aware of the dumbing down since they were bought out by is it L'oreal which is a shame.
    Likes SisterBliss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    I am JUST able to use essential oil based spa brands and enjoying the comfort now in my latter years. I used to buy the Elemis TSV's keep the body stuff and give my best friend the face stuff. but found I was not getting a good deal as the body stuff is well below par...just imo of course.

Decleor are a nice brand and love most if not all they sell. well aware of the dumbing down since they were bought out by is it L'oreal which is a shame.
    :mysmilie_497:
    Likes candycane, boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Girl View Post
    And following Keeley’s multiple warnings it wouldn’t have the ultra rich version, just how are we going to have a Christmas now!

I also heard her say there won't be any night matrix in the TSV so that's another reason not to buy it.

CC
    Thanks Dream Girl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I first bought Elemis on QVC (always and mainly the Christmas TSV), they did nice unisex scents like Tranquil Touch and Quiet Mind. They had begun to stray into totally gimmicky and overpoweringly scented products like the vile Evening Blooms Dry Oil... and things have gone steadily down hill from there in terms of their bath and body products since then. I never liked the milk bath products at all, which are still a much-hyped part of their range.

Elemis (and their sister brands) used to be unusual in not using SLS in the bath and shower products. Nowadays everyone has woken up to this cheap and nasty ingredient, and most brands offer SLS free products. You'll find them in the supermarkets and the drugstore, and at a variety of price points.

It is generally the case, though, that if you don't use SLS you won't get the massive suds that everyone has come to expect from shampoo, handwash, shower gel and bubble bath products.

On the face products, I find Elemis a bit hit and miss. I dislike and don't rate their toners at all (especially not the Apricot one) and sadly, these days I cannot trust PCMC not to give me an allergic reaction.

Since I've found highly enjoyable and more affordable products out on the dreaded high street, QVC and Elemis will not be getting my money this Christmas, but I hope those of you who still find this brand effective will enjoy whatever is in the TSV.
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post
    Likes donna255 , Ani, MrMarple , Bigbean liked this post