Vitamix TSV 10/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember getting the 'juicer' - brand of some healthy elderly American chap, and then discovered it cost a fortune to buy the fruit in order to make half a glass of juice ! then it was a complete faff taking it apart to clean all the pith from the various parts. Ended up in the charity shop via the garage.

I remember getting the 'juicer' - brand of some healthy elderly American chap, and then discovered it cost a fortune to buy the fruit in order to make half a glass of juice ! then it was a complete faff taking it apart to clean all the pith from the various parts. Ended up in the charity shop via the garage.

I rest my case :mysmilie_17: I could have rented my garage out as a gym (if I'd had one) with all the redundant exercise equipment I bought and barely used. No more gadgets for me unless it washes up/walks the dog/makes the bed/goes to Asda/makes wine in its spare time.

CC

Jack LaLanne by any chance brissles?
I only remember because I bought one roughly about 10 years ago or so. It was a TSV on New Years Eve or New Years Day so I was probably drunk when I ordered it. It wasn't cheap and I think I used it twice before it got relegated to the back of a cupboard.
I reckon it was quicker to drive to the supermarket to buy the flaming fruit to put in it than it was to clean the damn thing.

I only remember because I bought one roughly about 10 years ago or so. It was a TSV on New Years Eve or New Years Day so I was probably drunk when I ordered it. It wasn't cheap and I think I used it twice before it got relegated to the back of a cupboard.
I reckon it was quicker to drive to the supermarket to buy the flaming fruit to put in it than it was to clean the damn thing.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: Never forget that over the festive season (Q's words) wine o'clock can very often start when the family come round at 11am and by 4pm when everyone is asleep, what else is there to do except order useless gadgets off the telly. Should have a thread - what ridiculous thing did you buy when dru . . . er, you'd had a few.

CC

THAT'S THE ONE ! and I think I ordered it the same time as you. I got sucked in with the demos, but it cost me around a fiver in fruit to get a decent glass of juice. Cheaper to buy a carton.

I do like my vitamix. I cook a lot from scratch. I have a Kenwood chef and a vitamix thats about it. the vitamix is several items in one love it!

I bought a cheap juicer from Tesco and found exactly the same with the cleaning and the small amount of juice, mine has been in the back of the cupboard for 15 years

Last edited by a moderator:

There was that Jason Vale juicer too, he was an arrogant little twerp. I never ordered one coz I don’t drink alcohol of any kind :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back