Yankee Candles TSV 01/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

oh because mine is showing as in process finally...hopefully they will have some scent

I may have got confused re which YC AD this was, sorry - I thought it was the third drop from the set of 3 in June

December Mystery Collection contains:
3 x large jar candles (623g) - in NEW spring/summer fragrances. Be one of the first to discover them!

I was waiting for the Advanced Order, I thought they said about 2nd December , I notice it’s pending on my Credit Card already and showing as In Progress in my QVC orders. Not a problem, but was expecting it later.

I was waiting for the Advanced Order, I thought they said about 2nd December , I notice it’s pending on my Credit Card already and showing as In Progress in my QVC orders. Not a problem, but was expecting it later.

me too ok better early than never

Hello

Hubby ordered two different sets of the YC TSV one of which shipped on Tuesday the other Wednesday of this week.

We received notification that one would be delivered by Hermes today (A) and yesterday received from them that the other (B) parcel 'has been delayed and we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours'. We have had no delivery today of A and there is no sign at all of B.

They the sent us a notification stating that they couldn't deliver A today even though they gave us two lots of estimated times so will next try on the next working day. Will that be tomorrow ie Saturday or am I to wait now until Monday? More importantly will the two parcels arrive together?

I have never really had any problems with Hermes in the past and if I did they were pretty good at sorting everything. I really just want to receive the parcels as they are Xmas gifts for friends and not go through the rigmarole of proving to QVC that they haven't been delivered.

I hope others have received theirs without any problems.

Hi Snuggs, don't think you need to worry. I get things delivered on different days by Hermes all the time. Sometimes I get 3 parcels delivered on 3 different consecutive days. You will get everything but probably not all together.

CC

Thank you cc, you have helped to put my mind at rest as all evening I have had a nagging feeling they are going to go missing.

Will update once I have received them.

Glad to say that they both arrived earlier today so I was worrying over nothing! I have checked them and all is okay as one of the boxes looked like it had been kicked around a bit whereas the other was fine.

Ordered Glittering Star and Red Apple Wreath and both are beautiful especially the latter as that is just so strong. Couldn't smell GS when I took off the lid of the large jar so tried again later and there is a hint there now. I hope when my friend lights it the smell will go through the whole house fingers crossed :)

I was given a box of 12 YC Christmas votives & as I'm not a devotee I hadn't heard of some names. I loved Red Apple Wreath & Cherries On Snow made the house smell of a cherry bakewell - lush. My favourite so far is Holiday Lights, a pale greyish lavender which is supposed to be jasmine & praline but I thought was warm & spicy. The fragrance from one of these votives has been strong enough to fill the downstairs & up to the landing of our 1930s semi which is very impressive.

Interestingly (well to me) I have smelt my Yankee candles more clearly since burning just one at a time with a melt! I am sure that is because I changed the location when I didnt have to accommodate two. I am currently burning Festive Cocktail which I could smell quite clearly despite the mother of all colds last week. But it all comes down to personal senses doesnt it? I have never really smelt anything from Black Cherry which some find too strong.

I have lit my Apple Wreath candles & have to say the large one smells wonderful. However, despite lighting both small together in one room and both medium in another room there is no scent to them, or very very little. Anyone else had the same problem? I will be complaining as not a happy bunny.

I have red apple wreath in tarts and it's one of the stronger ones.

I was burning an Enchanted Woodland votive, no smell at all. Then I found some cubes in the same scent and put two of those in the warmer and hey presto, lovely smell round the whole downstairs. I rarely buy votives as I just can't smell them but if I do get some then I burn them in the warmer and they are better. The cubes are much stronger scent.

CC

I have lit my Apple Wreath candles & have to say the large one smells wonderful. However, despite lighting both small together in one room and both medium in another room there is no scent to them, or very very little. Anyone else had the same problem? I will be complaining as not a happy bunny.

Have just phoned CS, lovely person I have to say. She said they will send another 2 small & 2 medium & if these are the same will arrange refund. I’m happy with that.

Hiya

I just wondered if anyone who bought the TSV has burnt their candles yet?

The reason I ask is that the reviews for it are very mixed - with about 25 one star ones. They all complain about extreme lack of scent. Even people who know and previously purchased certain fragrances are saying that this lot must’ve been made for QVC and/or is not up to scratch... :(

More worrying for me is they’ve said that in some lots, the large jar is okay but the medium and small jars of the same option is almost without smell...

I’ve burnt about half a large jar of mine (Midnight Jasmine) and although it does seem quite bad at tunnelling, it smells okay. But I bought all the others to give as gifts and would hate to give “duff” ones to people!

Link to item in case anyone wants to read the reviews!

https://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle...Service Email-_-Order Confirmation-_-P710720&

Latest posts

Back