Festive Food Hall TSV 14/11/19 - Page 4        

       




Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    11,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yorkrose26 View Post
    Prices-

    I may be going to insult fellow Northerners here as I know they are some people who have got money, but still who on earth is going to pay over £1 for a Marshmallow (no matter how 'gourmat'), or (and I still don't believe this), the price of the Gower Cottage, seen as again they are cheaper direct, as are the Lindt chocolate and the collections that Q put together are prohibative for people who haven't got Chest Freezers or a 'freezer drawer'. So, whilst I appreciate that some would buy, I imagine if there was a 'demographic', that the majority of purchases would be in the South.

    Sorry, I know I am alienating with this statement, it is just that I have been effected by the Floods, so not really very 'jolly' with BoJO and his (non)commitment to the North, I know I am not 'lumping' the South together, tis fine, I can now see 'Australia' (as well as the big pile of dugged dirt)!
    North south east or west I am not paying £26.00 for 8 mince pie crumbles.....
     

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Just had the misfortune of catching Debbie Flint sucking her fingers then touch the Salmon 805757, to make matters worse one of the guests took it away to eat it! I pity the poor bugger getting the end bit!
    Good grief & to think she runs a B&B & a tea room.
    Likes Evie , boffy , shopperholic liked this post
     

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8,777
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Good grief & to think she runs a B&B & a tea room.
    Oh T don’t! :mysmilie_15:

    Debbie Flints “Bed and Bored” (pun intended) offers a fortnight in Devon and a further two weeks off work with food poisoning
    Likes candycane, Twilight liked this post
     

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yorkrose26 View Post
    Prices-

    I may be going to insult fellow Northerners here as I know they are some people who have got money, but still who on earth is going to pay over £1 for a Marshmallow (no matter how 'gourmat'), or (and I still don't believe this), the price of the Gower Cottage, seen as again they are cheaper direct, as are the Lindt chocolate and the collections that Q put together are prohibative for people who haven't got Chest Freezers or a 'freezer drawer'. So, whilst I appreciate that some would buy, I imagine if there was a 'demographic', that the majority of purchases would be in the South.

    Sorry, I know I am alienating with this statement, it is just that I have been effected by the Floods, so not really very 'jolly' with BoJO and his (non)commitment to the North, I know I am not 'lumping' the South together, tis fine, I can now see 'Australia' (as well as the big pile of dugged dirt)!
    Am a born and bred Southerner, and don’t agree or like the perpetuation of this whole North-South divide ‘thing’ (by anyone, not just you!) but I’m not insulted or offended..!

    I don’t think (I know!) that living in the South means you’re better off in general - in fact, price of living down here is so high, many can barely pay their rent let alone have any disposable income left..! Especially not to waste on overpriced, mail-order pies or marshmallows! ;)

    But I do agree that sadly a lot of our politics and investment etc is far too London-centric. And I am not surprised you’re not feeling happy with BJ (!) I can’t say more about him without some foul language!

    Am just really so sorry for you and everyone who has been affected by this flooding :( My heart goes out to you and I hope you start to get the help you need ASAP...

    My grand-father (down south!), was flooded twice and second time lost his home of 40 years at the age of 90. I saw how traumatic it was for him and for us all.

    Here’s hoping the government pulls their finger out.

    Do you know what would cheer you up? Some really expensive chocolate!! ;)



         

    (Didn’t Debbie Flint try to flog something on the back of some flooding one time?! Unbelievable!)
    Likes Tarketta , boffy liked this post
     

  5.      
  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    11,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    disgusted that the floods could have been stopped its just unfair to those people x
    Likes Tarketta liked this post
     

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It must be horrendous & my heart goes out to all those who have to deal with this happening especially as the effects go on for a long time after the water has gone. Houses have been built on reclaimed marshland for years, local authorities add to the problem by allowing homes to be built on flood plains & our rivers are poorly managed so it's hardly surprising that areas flood. Add to that the whole country seems to be block paved so water doesn't drain away AND with the change in global weather issues we get a perfect storm (awful analogy).
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post
    Likes Evie , Tarketta liked this post
     

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    11,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    my local authority organised a huge climate change forum over several weeks it was eye opening and inspiring.
    Likes Tarketta liked this post
     

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The clue is in the username
    Posts
    831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Loopy Lou View Post
    Am a born and bred Southerner, and don’t agree or like the perpetuation of this whole North-South divide ‘thing’ (by anyone, not just you!) but I’m not insulted or offended..!

    I don’t think (I know!) that living in the South means you’re better off in general - in fact, price of living down here is so high, many can barely pay their rent let alone have any disposable income left..! Especially not to waste on overpriced, mail-order pies or marshmallows! ;)

    But I do agree that sadly a lot of our politics and investment etc is far too London-centric. And I am not surprised you’re not feeling happy with BJ (!) I can’t say more about him without some foul language!

    Am just really so sorry for you and everyone who has been affected by this flooding :( My heart goes out to you and I hope you start to get the help you need ASAP...

    My grand-father (down south!), was flooded twice and second time lost his home of 40 years at the age of 90. I saw how traumatic it was for him and for us all.

    Here’s hoping the government pulls their finger out.

    Do you know what would cheer you up? Some really expensive chocolate!! ;)

    (Didn’t Debbie Flint try to flog something on the back of some flooding one time?! Unbelievable!)
    Sorry,
    I knew I was digging myself a hole and I except the reply, guess I was getting a tad political, given the recent flooding and the fact that the 'buffoon' couldn't be bothered, to come up, the fact that we still have a 'bus on tracks' trains and the fact that my local MP also doubles up as Mayor does to me seem that we are rather marginalised where I live. No sorry, I am getting militant again. I will shut up!
    Likes boffy , Tarketta liked this post
     

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yorkrose26 View Post
    Sorry,
    I knew I was digging myself a hole and I except the reply, guess I was getting a tad political, given the recent flooding and the fact that the 'buffoon' couldn't be bothered, to come up, the fact that we still have a 'bus on tracks' trains and the fact that my local MP also doubles up as Mayor does to me seem that we are rather marginalised where I live. No sorry, I am getting militant again. I will shut up!
    Don’t know why you’re apologising - no need! And getting political or militant wouldn’t offend me!

    Anyway I agree that politics is far too London-centric, lots of areas, perhaps especially up north are underfunded and ignored - and I couldn’t agree more that the PM is an eejit...!
    Here’s hoping he doesn’t get a second chance to rule... and that he/they provide your town with the resources it needs (better late than never?)
    Thanks boffy , yorkrose26 thanked for this post
     

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Good grief & to think she runs a B&B & a tea room.
    Good thing she declined going on Four in a Bed when the channel approached her. Maybe now that she has 2 en-suites and an inflatable hot tub she will reconsider. Anything for more publicity.
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •