Tarte TSV 08/12/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered mine today on auto delivery, and one for my niece too.
Both orders went through fine, to 2 different delivery addresses, so hopefully the glitches are now sorted

I have got quite a few eyeshadow powder palettes from different brands. I watched a you-tube video about use by dates ect and on the back of them, it shows once opened how long a palette should be kept for. Most of the one's she had were use within 18 to 24 months. Put me right off buying any more as mine hardly have a dent in them and had for a few years.
I had a clear out today and chucked out loads of smashbox/Mally products that had deffo changed texture and gone crumbly.

Sali Hughes in her book Pretty Honest reckons she’s still using eyeshadow palettes & powder products she’s had from her teens. Says they’re fine to use. If got a bit shiny just scrape off the top layer with a blunt knife. Says it’s liquid things you have to beware of

You can tell when make up has gone off - it has a funny smell to it.
Just use your common sense - it might not still have the same potency of good for you ingredients, but if it looks and smells ok, I still use it.
If I’m doubt, test it on the back of your hand

Oh! Someone on Facebook was complaining that the TSV could not be delivered to her address. I thought it was because she lived not on UK mainland and RM restrictions and nail polish?

One of the folks on Facebook was me. I knew it must be a glitch because I don’t live in the middle of nowhere and my Hermes chap had just delivered here! In fairness, as irritating as it was, QVC responded very quickly to acknowledge the problem.

Sali Hughes in her book Pretty Honest reckons she’s still using eyeshadow palettes & powder products she’s had from her teens. Says they’re fine to use. If got a bit shiny just scrape off the top layer with a blunt knife. Says it’s liquid things you have to beware of

Totally agree. They have found powder khol in Egyptian tombs which are perfect to use today. Powder cosmetics will keep for years I know I have Dior and Chanel ones for well over 10 years and still use. Hell, I have a Diorific lipstick the colour discontinued I still use, texture nor smell have ever changed. I bought it in 2012!:eek:

I have always gone but the smell and the texture of liquid or cream products.

Totally agree. They have found powder khol in Egyptian tombs which are perfect to use today. Powder cosmetics will keep for years I know I have Dior and Chanel ones for well over 10 years and still use. Hell, I have a Diorific lipstick the colour discontinued I still use, texture nor smell have ever changed. I bought it in 2012!:eek:

I know creams are dodgy but the Smashbox powders had deffo degraded. Still got a shed load of make-up left, waiting for the It cosmetics TSV hope its a good one.

This Sali Hughes and I have a lot in common!

Just use your common sense - it might not still have the same potency of good for you ingredients, but if it looks and smells ok, I still use it.

I feel so much better for reading these! I always thought bareMinerals’ “use within 12 months” (loose powder) was ridiculously cautious. Or is it 24 months now?

:peace:

I’ve got to say these new emojis are brilliant! :cool2:

It’s great to have this whole new world of choice, isn’t it? Some of the rapid moving ones are making my eyes go funny though, or at least distracting me.

I find with lipsticks some keep far longer than others. I have Dior & Revlon lipsticks that must be over ten years old, could be longer, that still smell the same as they did, same consistency & everything while others smell rancid much, much sooner. It doesn't seem to be reliant on price either as I've thrown out expensive ones that stank( looking at you Clinique) & have cheaper brands that have lasted well. If they still seem the same Im reluctant to throw out colours that have been discontinued that I love.. Why is it they always seem to discontinue the best ones? Boots No7 discontinued all my favourites over the last couple of years though the ranges haven't changed, just the best colours...the crayon ones in Petal & Tropical Beach. Coral Rose & some others in the lipsticks.

I think where products claim to have sun protection like Bare Minerals they only guarantee its effectiveness based on the SPF. I'm a product sniffer and have a couple of items that probably should have been pensioned off by now!

Blimey! just noticed I've passed the 10k post count (since 2008 anyway) - empty vessels really do make most noise!

:Banane23: :banplease:

Last edited:
I think where products claim to have sun protection like Bare Minerals they only guarantee its effectiveness based on the SPF. I'm a product sniffer and have a couple of items that probably should have been pensioned off by now!

Blimey! just noticed I've passed the 10k post count (since 2008 anyway) - empty vessels really do make most noise!

Congratulations!

:whoo:

How do you know how many posts? Intrigued!

Top of your post, opposite your name,just under the blue bar. Says join date then number of posts.

Well that is no good for me as I have no sense of smell.

Latest posts

Back