Philosophy TSV 29/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I put my hands up and admit I went for the TSV. At least some of it is a gift.

I tuned in earlier to see how it was selling and had to endure Flinty doing the noisy sniff-and-exhale thing she does when it’s anything with fragrance she’s co-presenting. Why does it have to be so loud? It makes me a bit queasy. Bad enough with Emma (model) doing her endless spraying of fragrance so we can see how nice it all smells (!!) and the guest who keeps mindlessly pummelling that bath lily thing in the glass bowl to produce loads of froth, all the time she’s talking. I do at least like those two.

The cheek of Flinty, too, reading out the Philosophy “meaningful words” on the bottles in a slightly derisory way, when she produces a whole book full of worse drivel.

Also, did anyone catch Alison last night describing how Philosophy perfumes are so delicate, they can keep spraying and re-spraying the different ones throughout the show hour and it never becomes too much in the studio? She then said, with some of the other brands that aren’t like that, they have to put water in the bottles because otherwise it gets too much to handle. So there we have it, when we see them with their dozy, dreamy faces, in ecstasy because of that cloud of perfume they’ve just squirted up their beak, they probably really are faking it.

It seems silly to get excited about the value of this when the product itself is awful. I'm so shocked why people keep going back for more just because its cheap. I used to buy this every year for my friend and send it to her in London for Christmas. She politely told me last year not to bother as the perfume was now a shadow of its former quality. I've heard similar stories from colleagues and the reviews in the UK and in the US are consistently dire. What's the point of cheap fragrance if you neither you or anybody else can smell it.

Ah, Mal73 I am so glad your friend is like mine who WILL tell me if I buy her something and it's awful. I bought her the LF Black Box last year and she loved it. I have bought it for her again and having sneaked a peek at the contents I didn't think it looked as good. Have no doubt she WILL tell me if it's diluted as she thinks I spend too much anyway and if it's not up to it I'll know.

CC

Latest posts

Back