Yankee Candle Wax Melts - Page 2        

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarple View Post
    Reading the article, it does seem to indicate that it's only the 22g melts that are being discontinued. I hope that's true as I much prefer the Yankee Home Inspirations range of melts (the ones that come in pack of 6).
    I think I might stock up though, just in case.
    Yes, it appears to just be Wax Melts that are being put out to pasture. Votives will still continue - no doubt its because they want people to move to Scenterpiece as many new scents are made available in that form, or they have just released Gel Tins in the US which I suspect may make their way across the pond also.
    Thanks Totally Loopy Lou , maymorganlondon thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funnily enough, I was told ages ago by a Yankee retailer that it was tealights which were facing the axe, not melts. I definitely wont be buying a scentrepiece. I think Goose Creek might be a suitable melt alternative. If you buy in the same family it should tone in OK. I hope! They come in blocks of six segments.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi May, the twosome are Teddy and Feather. Both rescues a fair few years ago now. They just love one another. My favourite YC smell is Christmas Eve, I also loved Eggnog which was discontinued a few years ago, but I still have a couple of them which I have never used, just don't want to use them when I know I can't get anymore, very silly of me really. I will try some of the ones recommended here anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Flamingo Candles also do melts in the traditional Yankee tart shape so may be worth checking out. I am bookmarking anything I find to remind me where to look come the dreaded day. I think it is a bit of a bummer when you consider that Yankee do sell tart warmers.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually buy my YC from Temptation Gifts, as they always have good offers. I switched to 'Scenterpiece' a few months back, when I discovered the burners with timers. I also got some for my mum, as they are safer for her than messing around with tea-lights.

I still use the wax melts, I just melt the edges of the defunkt scenterpiece cup, pop out the old wax, and drop in a melt or two. Last time I was on the TG website, I discovered quite a number of fragrances in melt form, which weren't available as scenterpiece cups, so I was surprised to hear that the melts were on their way out.

All these recommendations have introduced me to a whole new world of fragrance. I'm especially enticed by the Crumble Pots offered by Wax Addicts, also by the lower (than TG) free p&p thresholds.

As I mentioned on an earlier thread, I gave up burning the candles when all I could smell was paraffin. But now, I look forward to sampling all these wonderful wick-less fragrances!

If I could just find a suitable replacement for Crabtree & Evelyn's Noel, I'd be a very happy bunny!

:mysmilie_8:
    Last edited by Elliementary; 11-11-2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: To add dancing banana.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you are right, there are FAR more scents in melts than the scentrepiece cups. It all seems rather counter-intuitive to me but there we go.

I am glad you named that emoji because, all the times I have seen it, I have never realised it was a dancing banana! I never really knew what it was, LOL. For some reason it reminded me of a New York traffic cop!!! (yes, I know it is yellow, but so are NY taxis.).

Post Thanks / Like

there is always wax left in the bottom of large jars I just freeze it pop it out and use it in a warmer. centrepieces are fabulous the smell is stronger than any other yankee product

Likes candycane, Elliementary , Tarketta liked this post