Oh spare us !        

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh spare us !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh spare us !

I know I'm getting less tolerate the older I get, but listening to that idiot Jackie Kabler yet AGAIN saying she's had a long day, or she cant get her head in gear, whenever she slips up with stupid mistakes. This is a woman who is a novelist ????? or had a previous career in tv, to be acting like some ditzy and ageing blonde - OR she needs an oscar for her acting abilities. She never appears to be prepared for a show, and is becoming more irritating, and yet another reason to switch off.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely an act IMO as she was a damn good journalist back in her GMTV days IIRC.

Saying that though, she's one of the (very) few that I can actually tolerate these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m amazed that a doctor would be bothered with her and her spaniel ears mentality.
    Likes Lemonpop, brissles , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can’t watch her, her constant giggling because she’s embarrassed to be on a shopping channel stands out like a neon sign. She may as well have “look what my career has been lowered to” on her forehead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarple View Post
    Definitely an act IMO as she was a damn good journalist back in her GMTV days IIRC.

Saying that though, she's one of the (very) few that I can actually tolerate these days.
    Speaking of journalism and career changes etc, guess who I heard on the Today Programme some weeks ago. Only Margerine!!!!!! She was opining, in expert mode, on BAME diversity issues!!! I know! She actually spoke coherently during the segment, something she seldom achieved on Q.
    Likes Lemonpop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Speaking of journalism and career changes etc, guess who I heard on the Today Programme some weeks ago. Only Margerine!!!!!! She was opining, in expert mode, on BAME diversity issues!!! I know! She actually spoke coherently during the segment, something she seldom achieved on Q.
    wow ! though she always had that 'earth' mother look about her.

(as an aside on journalism and career changes - read today that Richard & Judy could be returning to daytime tv - ahem, this was the same Judy who couldn't be persuaded to return no matter how much she was offered. Clearly coming off the sauce has helped, so hope she doesn't get the 'shakes' again)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
    I know I'm getting less tolerate the older I get, but listening to that idiot Jackie Kabler yet AGAIN saying she's had a long day, or she cant get her head in gear, whenever she slips up with stupid mistakes. This is a woman who is a novelist ????? or had a previous career in tv, to be acting like some ditzy and ageing blonde - OR she needs an oscar for her acting abilities. She never appears to be prepared for a show, and is becoming more irritating, and yet another reason to switch off.
    She seems a bit childish at times.
    Likes Lemonpop, Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Can’t watch her, her constant giggling because she’s embarrassed to be on a shopping channel stands out like a neon sign. She may as well have “look what my career has been lowered to” on her forehead.
    On the money again Shopps!
    Likes Lemonpop, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suki 1 View Post
    She seems a bit childish at times.
    Isn't she just & it's when she adopts a pigeon toed stance that I start gritting my teeth, imagine her sharing an hour with Julie Bates!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Marv was (may still be?) director of BA (Hons) course in journalism at Birmingham City University.
    And she also does a lot of media training.
    Likes alter ego , Lemonpop liked this post