Oh spare us !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know I'm getting less tolerate the older I get, but listening to that idiot Jackie Kabler yet AGAIN saying she's had a long day, or she cant get her head in gear, whenever she slips up with stupid mistakes. This is a woman who is a novelist ????? or had a previous career in tv, to be acting like some ditzy and ageing blonde - OR she needs an oscar for her acting abilities. She never appears to be prepared for a show, and is becoming more irritating, and yet another reason to switch off.

Definitely an act IMO as she was a damn good journalist back in her GMTV days IIRC.

Saying that though, she's one of the (very) few that I can actually tolerate these days.

Can’t watch her, her constant giggling because she’s embarrassed to be on a shopping channel stands out like a neon sign. She may as well have “look what my career has been lowered to” on her forehead.

Definitely an act IMO as she was a damn good journalist back in her GMTV days IIRC.

Saying that though, she's one of the (very) few that I can actually tolerate these days.

Speaking of journalism and career changes etc, guess who I heard on the Today Programme some weeks ago. Only Margerine!!!!!! She was opining, in expert mode, on BAME diversity issues!!! I know! She actually spoke coherently during the segment, something she seldom achieved on Q.

Speaking of journalism and career changes etc, guess who I heard on the Today Programme some weeks ago. Only Margerine!!!!!! She was opining, in expert mode, on BAME diversity issues!!! I know! She actually spoke coherently during the segment, something she seldom achieved on Q.

wow ! though she always had that 'earth' mother look about her.

(as an aside on journalism and career changes - read today that Richard & Judy could be returning to daytime tv - ahem, this was the same Judy who couldn't be persuaded to return no matter how much she was offered. Clearly coming off the sauce has helped, so hope she doesn't get the 'shakes' again)

I know I'm getting less tolerate the older I get, but listening to that idiot Jackie Kabler yet AGAIN saying she's had a long day, or she cant get her head in gear, whenever she slips up with stupid mistakes. This is a woman who is a novelist ????? or had a previous career in tv, to be acting like some ditzy and ageing blonde - OR she needs an oscar for her acting abilities. She never appears to be prepared for a show, and is becoming more irritating, and yet another reason to switch off.

She seems a bit childish at times.

Can’t watch her, her constant giggling because she’s embarrassed to be on a shopping channel stands out like a neon sign. She may as well have “look what my career has been lowered to” on her forehead.

On the money again Shopps!

Marv was (may still be?) director of BA (Hons) course in journalism at Birmingham City University.
And she also does a lot of media training.

Isn't she just & it's when she adopts a pigeon toed stance that I start gritting my teeth, imagine her sharing an hour with Julie Bates!

Yes, what is it with that pigeon toed stance? Jk, JR and PG are the worst offenders. Ridiculous!

wow ! though she always had that 'earth' mother look about her.

(as an aside on journalism and career changes - read today that Richard & Judy could be returning to daytime tv - ahem, this was the same Judy who couldn't be persuaded to return no matter how much she was offered. Clearly coming off the sauce has helped, so hope she doesn't get the 'shakes' again)

Was she really!!!????

Yes, what is it with that pigeon toed stance? Jk, JR and PG are the worst offenders. Ridiculous!

It was started by Gwyneth Paltrow, no surprises there, & loads of zelebs do it now. Apparently it makes a woman look thinner, younger & sexier. I can't stand Amal Clooney & she looks beyond daft when she's wearing a relly short dress that shows off her plaited legs & feet. IMO they're all affected & need to grow up.

Do you mean Judy? Most definitely :drunk:

Blimey! Did she 'bravely speak out' about her 'ordeal'? If not, I expect she will soon, along with her 'mental health problems & anxiety'.

Are people calling alcoholism 'anxiety/..etc' now , as a general thing? Everyone is so terribly anxious now, when they are not busy being offended, of course.:mysmilie_11:

Last edited:

They just need a lollipop in one hand and twirl their hair round their fingers to look like "lickle girlies ":puke:

Marv was (may still be?) director of BA (Hons) course in journalism at Birmingham City University.
And she also does a lot of media training.

What!!!??? Does she teach them to gurn? She was a dreadful presenter so I’d want my money back if she was doing the training.

Do you mean Judy? Most definitely :drunk:

Yes, it was well known in 'circles' that both her and Richard had a drink problem, although not so much Richard. Soon after they left their teatime show on one of the obscure channels, I spoke to a journalist friend who worked on one of the national dailies, and asked if it was true, and he said she'd had a problem for years with drink. I think the shakes she had on their programme was put down to nerves and the menopause, but when you see later photos of her being supported by Richard, there was always a knee/eye/a fall problem, but you only have to look at her face to see how she was ravaged compared to her younger face.

Latest posts

Back