Oh spare us !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Earlier this year she said that she had nearly died from stomach ulcers caused by taking too much anti inflammatory medication & I did wonder if her former weakness was also to blame. Alcohol abuse is usually seen as an addiction & mental health issue, however, I can remember the late Keith Chegwin saying that he started to drink too much when he became well known & could afford to buy more alcohol than he'd ever done before. Wealth can allow people many luxury items & a good wine cellar is probably high on many 'I want' lists.

Earlier this year she said that she had nearly died from stomach ulcers caused by taking too much anti inflammatory medication & I did wonder if her former weakness was also to blame. Alcohol abuse is usually seen as an addiction & mental health issue, however, I can remember the late Keith Chegwin saying that he started to drink too much when he became well known & could afford to buy more alcohol than he'd ever done before. Wealth can allow people many luxury items & a good wine cellar is probably high on many 'I want' lists.

Not mine! Not even the top ten!

Marv was (may still be?) director of BA (Hons) course in journalism at Birmingham City University.
And she also does a lot of media training.

Which just goes to prove that because you're good at one thing it doesn't mean you're good at anything else.

I have two highly educated friends with more letters behind their names that in their actual names but when it comes to common sense (and personal life in the case of the psychologist friend), they're both very sadly lacking. Or, as another less PC friend puts it, thick as two short planks.

When it comes down to it the amount of people on this planet that have actually found a job they're good at and can inspire others is a pretty low figure.

Yes, it was well known in 'circles' that both her and Richard had a drink problem, although not so much Richard. Soon after they left their teatime show on one of the obscure channels, I spoke to a journalist friend who worked on one of the national dailies, and asked if it was true, and he said she'd had a problem for years with drink. I think the shakes she had on their programme was put down to nerves and the menopause, but when you see later photos of her being supported by Richard, there was always a knee/eye/a fall problem, but you only have to look at her face to see how she was ravaged compared to her younger face.

Think he was too busy stealing it for her to drink it himself.

Yes, wasn't it TWICE that he got caught outside the supermarket with a lorryload of booze ?

"In 1994, Richard Madeley was arrested for shoplifting on two separate occasions at a Tesco supermarket in Manchester. He was later acquitted of all shoplifting charges after citing lapses of memory."

Yes, wasn't it TWICE that he got caught outside the supermarket with a lorryload of booze ?

"In 1994, Richard Madeley was arrested for shoplifting on two separate occasions at a Tesco supermarket in Manchester. He was later acquitted of all shoplifting charges after citing lapses of memory."

Oh please! Didn't he accept a police caution though?

How can you forget you have a trolley of booze???? Surely the rattle of the bottles would give the game away.

Latest posts

Back