Philosophy Purity Bargain on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now that is a good deal! I've been using it consistently for years as a face wash; this would last over a year. Plus it's gentle on sun/wind burn on the face and body, also a v gentle shampoo on a sore scalp. I'm halfway through the huge 2 litre-ish size I got last time there was a deal and decant it into bottles for all the bathrooms and DS takes a refilled bottle home with him.
It's not exciting but reliable at the Akimbo homestead!

Probably not the set to buy if you're just trying for the first time; postage might be only £1.95 for now but it'd cost far more to return it! :mysmilie_19:

I'm not fussed about different types of cleanser, I can use a cream, balm, lotion or this. I would say that my skin isn't very sensitive but many other washes feel too drying as I've grown older. I do have a problem with scents though, so I'll use this all over if I'm getting a migraine as there's very little in the way of smell to it.

Now that is a good deal! I've been using it consistently for years as a face wash; this would last over a year. Plus it's gentle on sun/wind burn on the face and body, also a v gentle shampoo on a sore scalp. I'm halfway through the huge 2 litre-ish size I got last time there was a deal and decant it into bottles for all the bathrooms and DS takes a refilled bottle home with him.

its the only one ive ever tried & ever used i use it for shaving too & with me it lasts well over a year too per bottle

Strangely I could never use Purity always broke me out.

Same here! Well it gave me a terrible itchy face with these sore lumps - and hardly any products affect me usually (even past their sell by date! Oops, did I admit I use up my old stock?). I know that cleanser is very popular though.

Has it got SLS in it? Most of their cleansing products seemed to have it in the past. That might be what is breaking you out or drying your skin. I know my skin does not love it.

Does DS put his bottle next to another with the wee wee in that he is taking? :mysmilie_11:

...as long as I don't use it by mistake with my lenses out! :mysmilie_59:

Has it got SLS in it? Most of their cleansing products seemed to have it in the past. That might be what is breaking you out or drying your skin. I know my skin does not love it.

Here are the ingredients, and yes it does contain:

water, sodium lauroamphoacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, coco-glucoside, coconut alcohol, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, glycerin, carbomer, isopropyl alcohol, polysorbate 20, citric acid, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, propylparaben, triethanolamine, amyris balsamifera bark oil, bulnesia sarmientoi wood oil, cymbopogon martini oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, rosa centifolia flower oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, mimosa tenuiflora bark extract, ormenis multicaulis oil, piper nigrum (pepper) fruit oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, fd&c yellow no. 5 (ci 19140).

I assumed "sodium lauroamphoacetate" was a variation of SLS, but I found this explanation online. Hope this helps.

PS it's now on easy pays!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back