Molton Brown TSV 12/12/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit I really loved shopping in the shop it had sinks and you could wash your hands to try out all the goodies nice experience

I must admit I really loved shopping in the shop it had sinks and you could wash your hands to try out all the goodies nice experience

Now that is really good. The department store near where I live has a bit of a range of MB and most fragrances have a bottle marked Tester but all you can do with the handwash is unscrew the pump dispenser top and sniff. Wish they had a sink. This full bottle just sits there for months being sniffed - it seems so silly. I suppose now and then the staff get to take an old one, or discontinued fragrance, home. They could put it in the customer loos but would that lead to sales, unless they put a sign near the display saying it’s there?? (I definitely over-think things!)

I have some little, shallow, plastic pots that Body Shop were handing out years ago with samples of body cream. Wonder if they’d let me squirt a pump or two of MB handwash in each to try at home. The beauty dept manager knows me as a loyal customer so I might ask him. I’d likely buy something as a result (in the sales) to show good faith. (Still over-thinking here!)

Molton Brown 4 Piece Luxurious Gift Collection
Item Number: 239210
QVC Price £48.00
Todays Special Value Price £36.00
P&P £1.95

Prepare to pamper with this sumptuous four-piece hand and body collection from Molton Brown, which comes in your choice of fragrances and features gorgeous body wash and hand wash in full and travel sizes. Whether you keep these indulgent goodies all to yourself, or share them with loved ones, this luxurious Molton Brown selection is sure to impress.

Make your choice - you'll find revitalising fragrances such as zingy Infusing Eucalyptus and uplifting Lime & Patchouli in the Fresh collection, while the Warm selection includes spicy, woody scents like the intense Russian Leather and iconic Recharge Black Pepper.

Think gifting - with Christmas just around the corner, this luxurious collection will delight loved ones. You'll receive three full size products and one travel size, so you can easily split up this set to create gorgeous gifts - or keep them all to yourself!

Five-star luxury - Molton Brown is found in the world's top hotels and high-end department stores. You too can create a boutique feeling in your family bathroom and experience luxe living without the hefty price tag.

Contains (a choice of):

Fresh collection:

1 x Infusing Eucalyptus Body Wash (300ml) - refresh your senses with invigorating eucalyptus, wild mint and patchouli in this bracing bath and shower gel
1 x Cocoa & Sandalwood Body Wash (300ml) - indulge in a comforting bathing experience with creamy coconut, jasmine and aromatic vetiver in this luxurious bath and shower gel
1 x Lime & Patchouli Fine Hand Wash (300ml) - uplift your senses with an enriching blend of lime, elemi and patchouli in this verdant, luxury hand wash
1 x Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel Body Wash (100ml) - Australian sea fennel collides with salted cypress and an aromatic base of cardamom in this refreshing men's shower gel

Or:

Warm collection:

1 x Vetiver & Grapefruit Body Wash (300ml) - an invigorating bath and shower gel fortified with the finest Haitian vetiver and an unexpected note of vibrant grapefruit
1 x Russian Leather Body Wash (300ml) - ignite your senses with a heady infusion of Siberian pine, aged leather accord and tobacco accord in this intense shower gel
1 x Amber Cocoon Fine Hand Wash (300ml) - cleanse hands in a cocooning lather with aromatic vetiver, guaiac wood and warming litsea cubeba, also known as mountain pepper
1 x Recharge Black Pepper Body Wash (100ml) - feel energised with invigorating black pepper, ginger and vetiver in this iconic bath and shower gel

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239210

ml for ml

2 x Body Wash (300ml) £24 each cost £11.68 each
1 x Hand Wash (300ml) - £20 cost £9.73
1 x Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel Body Wash (100ml) - £10 cost £4.86

Worth £78 cost £37.95 incl p&p used in calculations.

This is really good value - I paid £37.50 for three, 300ml hand washes in a JL promotion recently.

Does the half-price P&P apply if you buy one of each option?

This is really good value - I paid £37.50 for three, 300ml hand washes in a JL promotion recently.

Does the half-price P&P apply if you buy one of each option?

I think the half price postage only applies if you buy 2 or more of exactly the same thing at the same time to the same address. I won't be going for this now that I got my bargain 5 x 100ml set but it is a good price.

CC

I think the half price postage only applies if you buy 2 or more of exactly the same thing at the same time to the same address. I won't be going for this now that I got my bargain 5 x 100ml set but it is a good price.

CC

This is correct. Whether it’s clothes, beauty, bed sets or whatever, it has to be two identical items - so same size/smell/colour. This really limits how useful the “second one half price” thing is as you can’t get different sizes to try, or shades to see what suits, etc. And it costs QVC the same to send two blue throws as it does one pink and one blue. Grrrr!

Note the goodwill QVC earned for me with that £10 off £25 spend code has soon evaporated and I’m back to moaning.

ha thats tsv is tempting if the £10 off £25 works as that would be £27.95 about the price i paid for 3 shower gels the other day inc the new geranium one with the costal one & black pepper which arrived today

Note the goodwill QVC earned for me with that £10 off £25 spend code has soon evaporated and I’m back to moaning.
I'm not even sure that offer even earned them goodwill from me, it was more a case of "don't look a gift horse...." and the realisation that desperate times are calling for desperate measures on their part. They really do need to review and revamp their business model.

love eucalpytus for that very reason & want to try russian leather & coastal cypress & sea fennel mind you i got that one coming in this trio Molton Brown Spicy and Aromatic Gift Set that i made a crazy crazy low price for so i think i might go for the warm of this tsv as i had a small vetive & grapefruit one that i liked just to try russian leather

The Grapefruit & Vetivier could be really lovely if they blend it right. I'd like to try that. Adore Vetivier if it's done right. Seems to be getting ubiquitous now though...bleee.

What fun....

Now that is really good. The department store near where I live has a bit of a range of MB and most fragrances have a bottle marked Tester but all you can do with the handwash is unscrew the pump dispenser top and sniff. Wish they had a sink. This full bottle just sits there for months being sniffed - it seems so silly. I suppose now and then the staff get to take an old one, or discontinued fragrance, home. They could put it in the customer loos but would that lead to sales, unless they put a sign near the display saying it’s there?? (I definitely over-think things!)

I have some little, shallow, plastic pots that Body Shop were handing out years ago with samples of body cream. Wonder if they’d let me squirt a pump or two of MB handwash in each to try at home. The beauty dept manager knows me as a loyal customer so I might ask him. I’d likely buy something as a result (in the sales) to show good faith. (Still over-thinking here!)

Of course they would. If not, the manager's an eejit. Just don't turn up with loads of Tupperware! I think if they put stuff in the customer loos someone would whip it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I get emails from Molton Brown inviting me to store events, you have to RSVP. I have never actually gone to one, we do have 2 stand-alone stores in Belfast plus a large area in House of Fraser.

ha thats tsv is tempting if the £10 off £25 works as that would be £27.95 about the price i paid for 3 shower gels the other day inc the new geranium one with the costal one & black pepper which arrived today

Hmmmm, Super, stop putting ideas in my head.

CC

Geranium sounds really nice. Love to know more about that one...

ml for ml

2 x Body Wash (300ml) £24 each cost £11.68 each
1 x Hand Wash (300ml) - £20 cost £9.73
1 x Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel Body Wash (100ml) - £10 cost £4.86

Worth £78 cost £37.95 incl p&p used in calculations.

Just watched presentation of TSV & realised I had got the ml for ml wrong, so sorry!

2 x Body Wash (300ml) £22 each cost £11.28 each
1 x Hand Wash (300ml) - £20 cost £10.26
1 x Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel Body Wash (100ml) - £10 cost £5.13

Worth £74 cost £37.95 incl p&p used in calculations.

Latest posts

Back