Molton Brown TSV 12/12/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Had a wonderful evening & crackers went down a treat, they opened them rather than cracked them so they could keep them. Lovely food & company.

Absolutely great to hear. What a nice way to set you up for Christmas. I hope you received some nice little treats, too, although you sound like the sort of person who is more about the giving than the receiving.

Absolutely great to hear. What a nice way to set you up for Christmas. I hope you received some nice little treats, too, although you sound like the sort of person who is more about the giving than the receiving.

I did have gifts, thank you, beautifully wrapped & looking good under the tree. Free glass of wine too at my favourite restaurant.

I love Christmas, fairy lights, music, nativity plays, fayres & markets (small) & the whole concept of a celebration at the darkest time of the year. This Christmas is different, I'm pinning on a smile & taking each day as it comes because two weeks ago we lost someone near & very dear. My smile is for his wife, it's not jolly or joyful but it's better than a miserable face.

I love Christmas, fairy lights, music, nativity plays, fayres & markets (small) & the whole concept of a celebration at the darkest time of the year. This Christmas is different, I'm pinning on a smile & taking each day as it comes because two weeks ago we lost someone near & very dear. My smile is for his wife, it's not jolly or joyful but it's better than a miserable face.

So sorry to hear this Christmas will be difficult for you and yours. Keep that smile on, it helps.

I am not, but I am weird.

Though for some reason I keep humming Stop The Calvery!:ee5k:

Or, for those still waiting for their QVC meat hamper long after Christmas is over, Stop The Carvery.

:k9iss:

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend - horrid at any time of the year but Christmas always amplifies things somehow. But don’t feel you have to put on a false smile. And just be gentle with yourself.

We lost dad 5 days before Christmas a couple of years ago (well 3 now but feels like yesterday), so it’s always going to be a very tough time of year for us all. And then my gorgeous teenage niece became very ill last Christmas Eve and is still poorly so all in all slightly dreading it!
Plus I’m too ill to “do” Christmas in any sense...

But will try to smile like you, and take life one day at a time as you say! ‘‘Tis the only way to keep going sometimes, isn’t it.

Sorry that wasn’t supposed to be more sad or all about me! ;)

Take good care x

Dear Lou your post wasn't sad or all about you, it was lovely & kind, thank you x

I'm so sorry to hear that, Mrs T. Sending you hugs & love, 'Peaky Style'. Give that puss a big munch when you feel a wobble, & why not light/burn/position a special candle amongst your display for your loved one?

xx-Blissy-xx

Latest posts

Back