QVC Yankee Tarts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sold out when I looked for it. And they only have one other set of melts in stock so looks like that could be it. I wonder if they will continue to sell melt warmers but not come clean about the demise of melts. Because they would never mention a DHS alternative.

There used to be a member here who made scented soy tarts; was she called Darls? Is anyone still in touch with her, as they were gorgeous the ones I tried. I'm sure the Yankee tarts will be available on ebay for years to come if there's a scent you can't live without, always worth a look. (possibly from Stephen's personal collection :mysmilie_19: ).

I can highly recommend the crumble pots from WaxAddicts.co.uk, too. Each pot is 22g, so same as a Yankee tart, but seems to me to have more than enough for one tart burner (I don’t put whole pot contents in usually) and you get loads and loads of different fragrances - not just Yankee, by the way. I bought from them several times a few years ago when my candle obsession began, as it was useful for trying fragrances, including US only ones, before buying large jars. They often throw in a few free wax “tablets” to try, too.

https://www.waxaddicts.co.uk/shop

They are mostly £1.29/£1.49 but they’ve got the BLACK50 code at the moment for 50% off orders of £30+. Free P&P if you spend over £25.

Oh bugger it, I’m going to have a splurge myself. I’d forgotten about the range on there and am feeling tempted.

I absolutely CANNOT buy any more wax of any kind. Every time I open a box that's been delivered Mr CC is standing agog that we need yet more. He's right of course . . . . .

CC

Thanks for the good review of Wax Addicts, Andi. I already have them bookmarked as well as well as YS4U who do Goose Creek candles which look rather akin to YC, and Flamingo Candles. However I am not going to buy any until the stash goes down as I don't have a lot of room in the melt boxes at the minute!!! There may also be some bargain packs of YC tarts around when they have finished, unless that puts the price up for rarity value, lol.

Thanks for the good review of Wax Addicts, Andi. I already have them bookmarked as well as well as YS4U who do Goose Creek candles which look rather akin to YC, and Flamingo Candles. However I am not going to buy any until the stash goes down as I don't have a lot of room in the melt boxes at the minute!!! There may also be some bargain packs of YC tarts around when they have finished, unless that puts the price up for rarity value, lol.

Sadly YS4U are in the process of closing down - over the years they have been a great source of US imported Yankee Candles and indeed Goose Creek.

I absolutely CANNOT buy any more wax of any kind. Every time I open a box that's been delivered Mr CC is standing agog that we need yet more. He's right of course . . . . .

CC

Reading what you two say is making me think twice, so many thanks ... honestly! I have so much wax in all forms as well. I have all but stopped buying the jars but somehow the odd smaller item like a tart doesn’t seem so bad. However, I’d probably overstock if I bought in the Wax Addicts sale as I’d try to get free P&P and that means 35/40 pots when they are half price!!

Sadly YS4U are in the process of closing down - over the years they have been a great source of US imported Yankee Candles and indeed Goose Creek.

That is a shame. I don’t like any businesses to cease trading.

There used to be a member here who made scented soy tarts; was she called Darls? Is anyone still in touch with her, as they were gorgeous the ones I tried. I'm sure the Yankee tarts will be available on ebay for years to come if there's a scent you can't live without, always worth a look. (possibly from Stephen's personal collection :mysmilie_19: ).

This post just came up for me in google search so apologies for the huge necro. Just wanted to let you know that Darls is still making but she moved to facebook. Look up "the Darley Lama" group. Her waiting lists are long because her wax is still so so good!

Latest posts

Back