For goodness sake

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
Do QVC not want to retain any customers? I can’t watch almost any presenters. Today I couldn’t stand more than a minute of Kathy Taylor who wouldn’t let the guest finish a single sentence because of course what she had to say was more important. I wish she would just shut up. Then we have girly and squeaky Clare and Pipa. Grow up it’s pathetic. Julia Roberts and Debbie Flint are so full of themselves that I don’t know where to begin. Catherine is as faux as the furs they sell. Chloe just shouts at me and the new ones are learning their technique from this lot. I blame a lot of this on their social media platforms particularly the blogs which make them think that they are interesting individuals with views worth sharing with the world!

Am I horrible? I don’t believe so. It just happens that some egocentric, self obsessed individuals have been put together, they are poorly managed and the unwatchable state of QVC has sadly evolved

Evie I could have written this myself.

It’s unbelievable to think that years ago we watched this channel for entertainment even if we weren’t buying!

Considering that those were the days when they didn’t have an online presence really speak of we HAD to watch the presenters to find out about the items and yet they didn’t have us switching off it droves.

If you are not interested in the groundhog beauty products there is nothing to buy and believe me I bought as an Olympic sport yet I couldn’t even buy when they offered 15% off. I don’t need easy pays so that’s no attraction for me.

The presenters are beyond awful. I wonder if they were always this bad but SM has brought out the worst in them or if the hard sell has shown their true colours. It appeared that the products sold well so it was much more softly softly approach to selling.

Then there is the “award winning” customer services which no longer exists.

Postage and delivery times have regressed back to the 70’s whilst every other company in the world has 21st century ordering systems.

Basically it’s a dinosaur which needs putting out of its misery.

Unfortunately, QVC has now become more about the presenters and not the products.

And if anyone can tell me who love themselves more than Catherine Huntley, please let me know.

Unfortunately, QVC has now become more about the presenters and not the products.

And if anyone can tell me who love themselves more than Catherine Huntley, please let me know.

Dear God, if you value your sanity don’t look at her arsebook post about the TILI and all the groupie replies.

What a self-serving and insufferable lot they have become on air. It does mean I'm lumping the better ones in with the worst, but more are joining the obnoxious gang every month, it seems.

I know that it's a wealthy company that only cares about profit but there's a tiny part of me that misses how it was & how much I enjoyed being a customer. Years ago there were a few presenters who were professional & likeable & many who were downright cheesy but I can't remember any who were as rude & conceited as the current cohort. I've considered closing my account on numerous occasions but keep it for the odd bargain & I generally use the Q for window shopping going on to find the same, or better, for less elsewhere. As Lati pointed out it's the beauty section that brings in the money & as long as they shift Elemis products in bulk they'll keep going. I'll be putting up our Christmas decorations this weekend including two candlesticks that look like Sweden's St Lucy, I bought them from the Q over 20 years ago & I love them; they don't have a brand name, weren't expensive & are the perfect example of the 'one off' items they used to sell.

I used to love the bargain hunter at 9pm when often it was brand new stock. However now I am so cynical when it comes to Q I don’t think I would believe it was new but rather just renumbering of old clearance items.

LATI ......."If you are not interested in the groundhog beauty products there is nothing to buy and believe me I bought as an Olympic sport yet I couldn’t even buy when they offered 15% off. I don’t need easy pays so that’s no attraction for me."

You and me both !!! I remember 'discovering' QVC on the box - it was after my husband passed (he always had the sport on), and with the freedom of channel hopping I found Q. I was mesmerised with the prospect of buying from the box - and went hell for leather in the first few years, when there was such an array of decent products to buy, particularly the real gemstone jewellery.

Groundhog day is the perfect description for Q. Even the Christmas Gift shows are just a rehash of old products or the same food products that are available the rest of the year. The standard of presenters HAS deteriorated, which includes their on-air attire.

Is Alex 'shouty' Kramer doing double shifts ? she's always on whenever I switch on.

I know that it's a wealthy company that only cares about profit but there's a tiny part of me that misses how it was & how much I enjoyed being a customer. Years ago there were a few presenters who were professional & likeable & many who were downright cheesy but I can't remember any who were as rude & conceited as the current cohort. I've considered closing my account on numerous occasions but keep it for the odd bargain & I generally use the Q for window shopping going on to find the same, or better, for less elsewhere. As Lati pointed out it's the beauty section that brings in the money & as long as they shift Elemis products in bulk they'll keep going. I'll be putting up our Christmas decorations this weekend including two candlesticks that look like Sweden's St Lucy, I bought them from the Q over 20 years ago & I love them; they don't have a brand name, weren't expensive & are the perfect example of the 'one off' items they used to sell.

You sum up how I feel perfectly!

I used to love the bargain hunter at 9pm when often it was brand new stock. However now I am so cynical when it comes to Q I don’t think I would believe it was new but rather just renumbering of old clearance items.

Me too.

I remember when they did on the Teletext twice a week great bargains at 5 pm. No photos of course just descriptions but brilliant bargains. I got a 14ct two-tone gold EEQ ring for around £20 and I still wear it. Actually the gold weight is really good. Oh an Aveda kit all full size for around £19.

QVC trying so hard to be on-trend and fit the selfie generation but they are all in the late 30s or 40s so that is not going to happen. There customers are never going to be teens or 20 somethings.

Rarely watch QVC any more as I know that whatever time I tune in....It'll be some kind of beauty product. Yep, I do buy beauty products but there's nothing new or reasonably priced to try...just the stuff you can buy everywhere else for a better price. They've got a separate beauty channel so, no excuse for flooding the main one with beauty products!

I agree with you all. I only have a quick look when someone posts on here, as to wether it is something worth looking at .

I had it on in the background yesterday but had to turn it off because, when Kathy wasn’t rabbiting on and talking over the guests, she was talking with her mouth full.

Whereas, a few years ago, I could easily pick out my favourite presenter, I’m afraid they are now morphing into clones of each other ..... obsessed with themselves, dropping in mentions of grandchildren at every available opportunity, plugging their books, shouting at us, talking over the guests, feigning surprise at an alleged “bargain” etc etc. Shall I go on? :wink: They should just employ Carla as a presenter and put all the others into storage.

But while I have never had a problem with their CS when I’ve rung them, the same can’t be said for their unbelievable returns system where you are expected to wait at least a fortnight to get the money back in your account.

About 10 days ago I purchased from Etsy a bracelet with friendship fastening for a gift which when it arrived I knew I would love it for myself. As I knew it was unlikely myself and the recipient would be wearing it together I went to order another for myself only to find they had the same style only different fastening.

Emailed the supplier, no problem, I’ll sort it into whatever style you want, ordered last night just received email to say dispatched. Whilst it wasn’t throughaway cheap it wasn’t expensive either roughly a LR price bracket,

By would you buy off Q when you can get a more personalised service from just about everywhere,

About 10 days ago I purchased from Etsy a bracelet with friendship fastening for a gift which when it arrived I knew I would love it for myself. As I knew it was unlikely myself and the recipient would be wearing it together I went to order another for myself only to find they had the same style only different fastening.

Emailed the supplier, no problem, I’ll sort it into whatever style you want, ordered last night just received email to say dispatched. Whilst it wasn’t throughaway cheap it wasn’t expensive either roughly a LR price bracket,

By would you buy off Q when you can get a more personalised service from just about everywhere,

I love Etsy & have to ration my visits.

My lucky sister has been the recipient of some beautiful Etsy items I have bought for her over the years. Things I know that she would love but would not ever buy for herself (she has a large family) but I know her well enough. Hey, not cheap, but then neither is the likes of QVC.

CC

Its easy to get hooked on Etsy, have just taken delivery of a personalised pendant for my niece for xmas. Several rounds of IVF and she finally has the baby so longed for - and she got doubly lucky, it was twins. So the pendant has the babies names on. Ordered and received within a week. Beautiful. Its like a worldwide department store. I've had knitted shawls from Romania, clip on earrings from Belgium, a crochet hat from the U.S.

QVC can go swivel.

Its easy to get hooked on Etsy, have just taken delivery of a personalised pendant for my niece for xmas. Several rounds of IVF and she finally has the baby so longed for - and she got doubly lucky, it was twins. So the pendant has the babies names on. Ordered and received within a week. Beautiful. Its like a worldwide department store. I've had knitted shawls from Romania, clip on earrings from Belgium, a crochet hat from the U.S.

QVC can go swivel.

How lovely!

Latest posts

Back