Melissa Hardy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
How come everything is always so flipping lovely and lush also so great worn with this and flipping that.
Yet each time she is on she wearing a tent type top with long large disc type necklace and a pair of tight trousers or jeans

How come everything is always so flipping lovely and lush also so great worn with this and flipping that.
Yet each time she is on she wearing a tent type top with long large disc type necklace and a pair of tight trousers or jeans

And........Ankle boots of some description

I loathe those necklaces.

And not forgetting the side split on every garment MW designs.

(as an aside I watched Movies24 film, and I'm sure the main character was wearing MW ! a large patterned kimonigan -new word, and a poncho sweater with side splits), - perhaps M 'sponsors' Movies24 in the states !

It's Melissa Hardy's half posh voice that has me jumping on my mute button .:biggrin: I find MW's fashion shapeless and overpriced.

the fabrics are not great quality and the cut is dreadful the ideas are from high end ranges done poorly

For the same price point I buy from Navabi, who source designers from all around Europe, so more quirky designs and fabrics. I have bought several 'forever' dresses which would never be found in the UK or on QVC.

I thought her early offerings looked quite good, but over the years her stuff has become either too outrageous (padded plastic waistcoats, eg), or too bland, homogenised with all the other ranges on QVC.

She used to be really entertaining when she came over, but as Dream Girl said, Melissa is boring & predictable, both in what she says, and what she wears.

The get-up Melissa wore for the recent MW TSV really took the biscuit.
If we at least got MW over for the shows, they would be worth watching, but without her, you are just seeing stuff that isn't flattering on anyone on the shows (highly likely - because the stylists Q are employing appear to have lost the plot).
Genuinely if you want QVC clothes that are wearable; not too ridiculously priced; and flattering for most - Ruth Langsford's range is by far the best. There are plain colours, not too much polyester, and some more classic designs. Now I've said that, just watch the RL stuff go down the pan the same way as the MW stuff which I remember being a lot better than it is now!

'Genuinely if you want QVC clothes that are wearable; not too ridiculously priced; and flattering for most - 'Ruth Langsford's range is by far the best. There are plain colours, not too much polyester, and some more classic designs. Now I've said that, just watch the RL stuff go down the pan the same way as the MW stuff which I remember being a lot better than it is now!'

You're so right may. I bought some really nice dresses from Coco Bianco when it first appeared, however,it's now gone off the boil; had quite a lot of Kim's stuff a few years ago but don't even look at her current offerings seemingly made from the off cuts of 1970s nylon sofa covers & I really liked Tiana B but that brand disappeared like early morning mist.

Have to agree with you all. I remember older brands like Print Fusion, even the much maligned (and polyester free) Indigo Moon had the odd little gem, but now all the brands morph into each other. Boring.

Latest posts

Back