Am I the only one thinking?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Am I the only one thinking that the Christmas TSVs have been really boring?
Usually I’m trying hard to sit on my hands, not always successfully, to not go mad & order too many of the beauty sets in particular. But this year I haven’t been tempted in the least, not by any of them really.

Yes they have been boring, a case of the same old same old, mind you it’s hard to get festive watching QVC anyway with their two Christmas trees to decorate the whole studio, oh and those weird wooden things, I wouldn’t mind they had more decs in July than you could shake a stick at. You can feel QVC winding down now and we haven’t even had Christmas Day yet, probably because with only 19 days to go, the chance of you getting your orders in time for Christmas Day are slim to none. I’ll stick with Amazon and get them next day.......and cheaper. :amazed:

Usually I’m trying hard to sit on my hands, not always successfully, to not go mad & order too many of the beauty sets in particular. But this year I haven’t been tempted in the least, not by any of them really.

Yeah some TSVs have been very dull, more so this year than previous.

nope ive enjoyed most of them & most of them have been very very popular

Unless they sell out we don't know how popular they are and sell outs have been few and far between really.

You mean to tell me you haven't been tempted by the oh so 'Christmassy' Shark vacuum Cleaners, or the Dyson Heaters that have been on offer over the Christmas Weekends at Q, well I am shocked!:tongue:

My boredom set in ages ago. The TSVs are often repetitive or really dull. I know beauty is a big seller but I think they go into overkill, as with Elemis when you get the TSV and then have shows on nearly every other hour throughout the day.

Dyson is on nearly every week, ad nauseum as far as I’m concerned, with vacuum cleaners, fans, the hair wrap gadget or the other overpriced product - the hairdryer.

Also, a lot of the items that they say are only available on QVC can be bought elsewhere and often more cheaply. With other companies, the delivery and return/refund procedure is much quicker.

Unless QVC update their procedures and also introduce different products they’re likely to lose a lot of customers, in my opinion.

I am so bored rigor mortis has set in.

I could shop as an Olympic sport, with money to spend and I couldn’t buy something if I tried (and believe me I try!). Take out the beauty (yawn) and the Dysons and there is bugger all.

The last time I bought a TSV was June 2017, that says everything about the Q as far as I'm concerned.

The last time I bought a TSV was June 2017, that says everything about the Q as far as I'm concerned.

Do you know I can't remember the last time I bought a TSV. Years ago definitely.

It is all dull. As I am not into beauty as I have too many allergies to faff around checking the ingredients, I am, therefore, not interested in the shows.

The jewellery shows which I used to enjoy are few and between. I used to look forward to Gem Day. Not sure if they do it anymore. Would they have enough items to show?

I used to love Viva Las Vegas jewellery and am lucky enough to have some fab sapphire pieces, but they have long gone too.

So no you are not the only one thinking it is all boring Breeze, I think most of us are with you.

I think I have bought one TSV this year and maybes 2 last year. Not watched for more than 5-10 mins as when ever I tune in I often tune back out.

Went had a nose at my account and it goes back to 2018, not one TSV on my list! The last thing I did buy was the £10 Tili Box before that the Rupaul 3 eyeliner set and I gave one away.

Like Anna I can’t do the beauty thing so since that comprises 99% of the TSVs I rarely was sucked into them.
I did enjoy the odd TSV perhaps a TIG or Kipling bag, a LR or Honora so it’s unsurprising that in the past 4 years I haven’t bought a TSV and ordinary orders are down to at most 1 a year.

Obviously those like myself aren’t even a blip on Q’s radar when they have all the makeup junkie newbies but I still ask if these people will still be buying a year down the line because they sure as hell won’t be buying any of the clothes. Back in the day we bought over all the ranges and brands.

Latest posts

Back