They are doing it again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anna

Registered Shopper
I sent a dress back that did not fit early in the week, and as is my right, asked for the postage back, via an email and on the scrappy piece of paper that you have to return with the product. Lo and behold, no refund on postage. I emailed the chief exec's office and have not even had the courtesy of a response. I have just emailed again. It is £5.95 and I want it back.

Now I have not had a good day due to various things going on in my life, and to find they have ignored me has wound me up even more. I am so annoyed that they keep the postage and hope that customers won't notice, and when you contact them to let them know they ignore you.

You would think after the Watchdog programme where they were picked up over this, and they had to refund thousands of pounds, they would make some kind of effort not do it again.

QVC don't care about customers and serving them its all about the money ....most big companies put a free or cheap returns label in the parcel Not QVC though. the postage costs are ridiculous to start with and they are hoping to pocket what they are not entitled to

I sent a dress back that did not fit early in the week, and as is my right, asked for the postage back, via an email and on the scrappy piece of paper that you have to return with the product. Lo and behold, no refund on postage. I emailed the chief exec's office and have not even had the courtesy of a response. I have just emailed again. It is £5.95 and I want it back.

Now I have not had a good day due to various things going on in my life, and to find they have ignored me has wound me up even more. I am so annoyed that they keep the postage and hope that customers won't notice, and when you contact them to let them know they ignore you.

You would think after the Watchdog programme where they were picked up over this, and they had to refund thousands of pounds, they would make some kind of effort not do it again.
They also won't refund the postage if you have washed the garment.

The only legal 'technicality' that they will have you is if you didn't return the item within 14 days. I watched a Supershoppers program on this same issue and they explained that whilst the 30 day MBG the returns policy for the return postage was 14 days. I know it is a 'technicality' but lets face when do Q ever think about their customers?!

It was returned well within the 14 days, and was sent back the day after I received it. Let's face it they just don't want to return postage if they can avoid it. They really need to get a grip and follow the law as it stands.

The item was tried on, decided too small and returned the next day. Still has the tags on it too.

Did you contact them to say you were returning under the consumer contract regs? I think they only have to refund the p&p if you have done that.

Did you contact them to say you were returning under the consumer contract regs? I think they only have to refund the p&p if you have done that.

As I said above, I contacted them via email and noted on the return note I wanted my postage back. I have done what I needed to do.

As I said above, I contacted them via email and noted on the return note I wanted my postage back. I have done what I needed to do.

I have just returned a ring within 14 days of receipt and emailed to cancel order so lets see. Anna just ring them I am sure they will refund you. I emailed them with a query a week ago and they have only just responded. They said they are very busy with emails at the moment, to be fair they are usually a lot quicker.

I have just returned a ring within 14 days of receipt and emailed to cancel order so lets see. Anna just ring them I am sure they will refund you. I emailed them with a query a week ago and they have only just responded. They said they are very busy with emails at the moments, to be fair they are usually a lot quicker.

I think I am going to have to ring them. Will try tomorrow if I get time.

I have very little faith left in the Q & can't imagine that it has the joined up thinking to match an email to a returned item. I've never sent one informing them of a return, just completed the returns slip. The CCR legisltion is quite vague about this & states :
'Notify the retailer of your wish to cancel the goods and return them within the returns time period'.
As far as I'm concerned email, returns slip, phone call even a pigeon with a message should be enough to tell them. I was surprised to read that you'd sent it back earlier this week & had already received your refund (partial) because it's always taken them longer than a week to even notify me that they've received a return. Typical of the Q, up to speed in some areas, back in the dark ages in all the rest.

Considering they like to consider themselves 'cutting edge' with regards to use of their tech I am surprised they don't have a 'live chat', option. I mean their parent company is American and we all know that the 'have a nice day' crowd are 'crash-hot' on Customer Service and being Customer-centric. So yes, I am surprised that it seems to take so long to respond. You can (almost) guarantee that their 'get out of jail' card now will be that it is over the 14 days!

I think they are stuck in the past.
I remember seeing a business discussion on CNN about 18 months ago about QVC US and they were looking into different models of selling, as they were down on sales.

Qvc like to bully their customers into submission: the hard sell on TV and the hard nosed customer services reps holding on to postage costs...illegally I must add!

I recently had two items that didn’t turn up and so had to go through the palaver of filling in the “I haven’t got my goods” letters. I filled both in on the day I received them, stuck a first class stamp over their 2nd post franking stamp and posted them immediately.

I gave them five days to sort it out and then rang CS. Both times the CS representative actioned the refund immediately and the money was back in my account in three days.

Why customers have to faff about filling in forms, goodness only knows, when CS can override the procedure and give a refund. I assume that they could see that I’d already rung to say that the items hadn’t arrived and so the form wasn’t really necessary, in my opinion, because they should trust their customers instead of making us jump through hoops.

Latest posts

Back