Kochblume Kitchenware TSV 07/01/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well...Kochblume is a brand name, but also a product that prevents e.g. milk, water etc. from boiling over. It is an open lid looking like a flower that opens when the liquid in the pot is starting to boil. The translation would be "cooking flower" and the company is quite famous for that in Germany. Their products are mainly made of silicone in many colours, I own some of their cooking tools and the trivets, all very good quality I think.:)

https://www.kochblume.tv/

Kochblume products have been sold on QVC for years during Kuhn Rikon shows, although the brand name was never mentioned despite being clearly visible on the items themselves (including the famous Spill Stopper kid which, incidentally, is great)

The range is now listed in a separate section on the Kuhn Rikon website https://www.kuhnrikon.co.uk/kochblume. I bought a few of the silicon cooking utensils from them directly when they were on offer a few months ago and they’re very good quality so I’m curious to see what sort of TSV they’ve put together.

I have one of those spill-stopper lids and it's excellent - for some reason my husband and daughter never use it when they're cooking; what's that all about? :rolleyes:

Maybe they need a focus group consisting of 50-something blokes who only cook occasionally and 20-somethings who need everything they use to be instagram-worthy to design a version to appeal to them; clearly lime green and yellow silicone doesn't cut it! Maybe battle-ship grey or rose-gold animal-print would encourage them? :eek:hwell:

I f we had a spill stopper lid, Mr B would just wander off during the cooking process & then get distracted. I turn up to 'turn down', & jog his memory. House full of steam, farty veg served up. Oh!!! he does that already!

Well...Kochblume is a brand name, but also a product that prevents e.g. milk, water etc. from boiling over. It is an open lid looking like a flower that opens when the liquid in the pot is starting to boil. The translation would be "cooking flower" and the company is quite famous for that in Germany. Their products are mainly made of silicone in many colours, I own some of their cooking tools and the trivets, all very good quality I think.:)

https://www.kochblume.tv/

Agreed about the brand and quality! Good old German quality! ;)

Plus the brand presenter I saw on QVC was a rather dishy and charming chap - who Jill Franks tried to flirt inappropriately with, which he took in good humour unlike me!

I bought one of the spill stopper lids, after seeing it on QVC, and it’s really good. However, I bought mine from the Kuhn Rikon outlet shop on Amazon and so it was cheaper and had free P&P because I’m on Prime. And although it was from the outlet shop, there is nothing wrong with it so it shows that it’s worth shopping around.

Kochblume Set of 6 Extra Think Microfibre Cloths TSV 07/01/20 (part of Kuhn Rikon)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.809268

Kochblume TSV 1.jpg

Kochblume TSV 2.jpg

Kochblume TSV 3.jpg

Kochblume TSV 4.jpg

Kochblume TSV 5.jpg

Typical Q out of all the gadgety items which might just be useful the give us cleaning cloths which are available in any shop

Kochblume Set of 6 Extra Absorbent Two-Tone Microfibre Cloths
Item Number: 809268
QVC Price £25.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.98
P&P £2.95

This set of six highly absorbent microfibre cleaning cloths from Kochblume can absorb up to 600ml of water and be used either damp or dry for a variety of tasks, plus they come in two different sizes and with a bright colour contrast design. From washing the car and cleaning the sink, to wiping glasses and removing marks on your computer screen, these versatile cloths will become your go-to product for cleaning, drying and leaving surfaces shiny and spotless.

Super-absorbent – able to absorb up to 600ml of water, these soft-to-touch, extra thick microfibre cloths are as good at soaking up water from bathroom floors as they are lifting dust and grime off your car’s windscreen. You can clean surfaces with nothing more than water, eliminating the need for washing chemicals.

Highly versatile – not just for the kitchen, these microfibre cloths can be used anywhere for a multitude of tasks. The small cloths are made from high pile microfibre on both sides, whereas the large ones have one side high pile microfibre and the other side a close knit for polishing. So, from polishing wine glasses to drying the dishes, these cloths will leave everything spick and span. Plus, they’re fast-drying, so you can get your housekeeping done quickly and efficiently.

Bright and colourful – with lovely contrast colours to choose from, these fun, bright cloths will inject a pop of colour to your home. Choose from gorgeous clashing colours or go for more subtle contrasts.

What’s in the box?

2 x large cloths - 60cm x 40cm (23.6” x 15.7”)
4 x small cloths – 30cm x 30cm (11.8” x 11.8”)

Colour options:

Light Blue/Dark Blue
Anthracite/Light Grey
Lime/Yellow
Red/Orange
Pink/Purple
Turquoise/Pink
Purple/Lime

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.809268

Totally overpriced product yet again. You can buy this type of cloth in most supermarkets for a fraction of this price.

Have a look at the demo for a minute or so from 1m56.

He covers up a lamp with cheap cloths to show that the light shines through.

The he covers it with one of his cloths to show the light does not shine through.

But when he removes his cloth, the light is not actually switched on!

Sleight of hand?

And at 7m he cleans a pan, but a stain doesn't come off, which he ignores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the female presenter?

At about 9 minutes she says she is going to follow him into the bathroom, which struck me as quite funny.

I remember her with a chef years ago in their brand-new studio, when the chef opens a fridge, and she thought it was a door through the wall and he was going to walk through it.. I think I put this on youtube, if I can find the link I will post it.

I like her style, she seems to have a good sense of humour.

I very rarely watch a full presentation on Q, but I enjoyed this one, and thought it was quite professional, like old-style Q used to be.

Although it is expensive, genuine E-cloths are about £5 each, and they are not as thick as these.

I also use supermarket cloths, nut they are nowhere as good as e-cloths. You get what you pay for.

I am tempted, put me off. Most are sold out, with a few on advanced order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a pack of 20 microfibre cloths delivered for £12 from Ideal World, I bought them over a year ago and they’re still as good today, there are some out there cheaper than that, I bought a pack of three from Iceland (shop not country) and they’re good too, expensive isn’t always better and in the grand scheme of things.........they’re cloths.

Latest posts

Back