join clothes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I only bought one, a tunic in a glorious blue. I only wore it a few times then it went furry & I donated it to school where it became part of the sky in a collage of The Tempest, a kind of literary recycling.

are they cheaper than qvc

I’ve just looked at the IW site. There are only 6 Join items for sale, but the prices seem quite reasonable, although I never paid attention when they were on QVC because they seemed too expensive for what they were.

E.g: on IW, a dip side tunic is £40 and a pocket dress is £60.

I thought that the material was different from when on Q. Actually I thought it was overpriced on IW as I purchased similar last year from them and it was much cheaper.

I only bought one, a tunic in a glorious blue. I only wore it a few times then it went furry & I donated it to school where it became part of the sky in a collage of The Tempest, a kind of literary recycling.

That’s brilliant - must have been some classy collage!
Are you a teacher? My admiration and sympathies if so. I was long ago and briefly!

Just had a look on IW and at those prices QVC must’ve been making 100% profit taking their customers for mugs. I see Boho Betty jewellery is there too, again cheaper. To be honest I’m keeping my eye out for more Bearpaw boots, I’m building up a great little collection.....I love these boots. :biggrin:

Lati I think you’re thinking of Young Dim, same style different fabric, modal.

That’s brilliant - must have been some classy collage!
Are you a teacher? My admiration and sympathies if so. I was long ago and briefly!

I was until I retired two years ago. My last school was outstanding, in every way, the staff were some of the most talented people I've had the privilege of knowing & 99% of the students were wonderful.

Just had a look on IW and at those prices QVC must’ve been making 100% profit taking their customers for mugs. I see Boho Betty jewellery is there too, again cheaper. To be honest I’m keeping my eye out for more Bearpaw boots, I’m building up a great little collection.....I love these boots. :biggrin:

Lati I think you’re thinking of Young Dim, same style different fabric, modal.

Makes you wonder how much QVC take on each product for so many brands to switch shopping channels, although I see NoNoNoNoNo has defected back to QVC after a spell on IW. (do people still actually BUY that product ??)

Makes you wonder how much QVC take on each product for so many brands to switch shopping channels, although I see NoNoNoNoNo has defected back to QVC after a spell on IW. (do people still actually BUY that product ??)

B QVC have to rip off the customer a lot to pay for all those massive overheads, that’s before the QVC presenters/freeloaders grab all those freebies. :wink:

I was until I retired two years ago. My last school was outstanding, in every way, the staff were some of the most talented people I've had the privilege of knowing & 99% of the students were wonderful.

If only you had been MY teacher Twi, mine were awful, some bullies and I just could not wait to leave school.

CC

If only you had been MY teacher Twi, mine were awful, some bullies and I just could not wait to leave school.

CC

I believe that bullies should be named & shamed, unfortunately that's not pc, & teachers who do this to students should be dismissed. Bullying affects every area of someone's life; confidence evaporates & self doubt takes over. We had students who were mentors & buddies for others, anti-bullying assemblies & a student council that took the subject really seriously yet we still had bullies. There were a few of us who could almost sniff them out & the persecuted kids knew they could trust us. I occasionally see former students in town, they always have a chat, say how good their time at school was & that I was fun & kind.They enriched my life, I was very lucky to work with them.

are being shown on IW !!!!

That I can understand, but would have thought they would have been too 'pricey' for that channel. Given that the quality wasn't there for the price when I tried an item (this was on clearance and I still couldn't see the value)!

I believe that bullies should be named & shamed, unfortunately that's not pc, & teachers who do this to students should be dismissed. Bullying affects every area of someone's life; confidence evaporates & self doubt takes over. We had students who were mentors & buddies for others, anti-bullying assemblies & a student council that took the subject really seriously yet we still had bullies. There were a few of us who could almost sniff them out & the persecuted kids knew they could trust us. I occasionally see former students in town, they always have a chat, say how good their time at school was & that I was fun & kind.They enriched my life, I was very lucky to work with them.

I had a bad time at school and one boy kept calling me 'troll' and my French Teacher use to 'play along' with it and asked if I just come up from the 'river' (troll - cave dwelling), of course you tell your parents, but they just say ignore et al, it does amaze (and saddens me), that decades on and with all the 'anti-bullying' in reality things have not really moved on. The reason for the bullying may have changed (signalled out for not having the latest mobile, or for parents using a foodbank (1st hand experience of that one). No the reasons may change, but the pain caused is the same!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bad time at school and one boy kept calling me 'troll' and my French Teacher use to 'play along' with it and asked if I just come up from the 'river' (troll - cave dwelling), of course you tell your parents, but they just say ignore et al, it does amaze (and saddens me), that decades on and with all the 'anti-bullying' in reality things have not really moved on. The reason for the bullying may have changed (signalled out for not having the latest mobile, or for parents using a foodbank (1st hand experience of that one). No the reasons may change, but the pain caused is the same!

Someone needs to do a poo on his doorstep.

That I can understand, but would have thought they would have been too 'pricey' for that channel. Given that the quality wasn't there for the price when I tried an item (this was on clearance and I still couldn't see the value)!

I’m really sorry to hear that sounds like such a hard time for you. Well done for getting through it.. x

Congrats on your retirement - and so nice to hear you had such a happy experience in your last school. It sounds like a great place to teach and I’m sure your former pupils will always remember you!

Latest posts

Back