Yankee Candle TSV 13/01/20 - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
ShoppingTelly.com Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Just watching Rosa present a melts collection and telling people how they need to get a melt warmer, like the one on screen. No mention of the fact that melts have been discontinued. I think that is a blooming cheek!
    I had no idea Mazza - especially having only just bought a melt burner (from yankee bundles with oodles of melts so no complaint there). Being a novice to melts I am having trouble getting them out once finished. I have seen comments on here about putting in freezer but the instructions on my ceramic one says in caps do not put in. So far have been lighting tealight for a few mins but it is hit and miss whether I got gloopy wax or burnt fingertips Any tips welcome

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollie View Post
    I had no idea Mazza - especially having only just bought a melt burner (from yankee bundles with oodles of melts so no complaint there). Being a novice to melts I am having trouble getting them out once finished. I have seen comments on here about putting in freezer but the instructions on my ceramic one says in caps do not put in. So far have been lighting tealight for a few mins but it is hit and miss whether I got gloopy wax or burnt fingertips Any tips welcome

you can melt for a few minutes until the solid wax has melted and slide it out...I always freeze mine but my holders are decades old
    Thanks Mollie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know there are people on here who light a tealight for a few minutes and then scoop it out. I always freeze mine** for an hour or so and then dig it out with a knife. There are other types/makes of melts available should your supply run out but I used to like buying the Yankee ones to match my candles.

**What I put in the freezer is the removable lid from my warmer, not the whole thing. Well most of mine are electric now so I only buy those if the lid can be removed.

Post Thanks / Like

there is another way mopping up the melted wax with cotton wool balls tried it once never again

Post Thanks / Like

I just run mine under a hop tap for a minute and they seem to pop out quick enough, but the Home Inspiration ones definitely come out easier than the regular Yankee ones do. And I prefer those ones anyway, so it's a win/win for me. Ha ha
    Likes candycane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your tips. I shall keep experimenting

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your tips. I shall keep experimenting
    Putting melt in silicone cake case works well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    if its the Alpine set with the illuma lid its gorgeous. one is a chocolate mint and vanilla gourmand and the other is a ginger Dusk wannabe. burns beautifully and lovely strong scents fantastic value and use the SALE15 and you get another saving
    Has the SALE15 code expired now? Was Sunday the cut off date?

I notice beauty items still have 1.95 postage, I hope that continues then they might realise it encourages purchasing whereas high p&p makes me think twice!
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post
    Likes Elliementary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post

I notice beauty items still have 1.95 postage, I hope that continues then they might realise it encourages purchasing whereas high p&p makes me think twice!
    Apparently the 1.95 is continuing until the end of the month but any new items including TSV's will be 2.95. This is what Q said in response to people querying why the Judith William's TSV postage is 2.95.
    Thanks Akimbo , Tarketta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post

its gone sadly hopefully it will return the candles are still available don't listen to the reviews they are fab
    Thanks Akimbo , Tarketta thanked for this post