Ashwood Handbags TSV 17/01/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is another brand that's become a favourite with Q. For me the leather looks too 'plasticky' and I'm not a fan of rigid bags - I always struggle to get my hand inside.

Who remembers the American brand Stonemountain handbags ? I bought quite a few of those at the time, beautiful pastel coloured soft leather, and crossbody bags for around £15 ! and offers that were so good I actually bought them for Christmas presents. Don't get that anymore.

I have a Stonemountain bag,lovely soft leather. Use it on holiday as it is just the right size for my purse and phone.

I liked the Kathy Van Zeeland bags and the ones her husband made.

I had a couple of KvZ and one of her husbands (Bruce?). On a massive clear out I sent some to the charity shop as they were so heavy.

Still use several Tig bags, used to get funky colours at a reasonable prices.

Not a bit wonder I don’t buy now, all the interesting brands have been replaced by bland margarine stuff.

Yes I had one of her husbands too (Bruce ?), and you're right, despite looking good - mine was soft white leather with pale pink and blue inserts, it was damned heavy when empty !! I was loathe to let it go, due in part to the cost, but it was gathering dust in the end, so orf it went.

I ordered a bag from the Osprey sale last Friday and its due to be delivered later today by DPD but over the weekend the sale prices have dropped again and my bag is now £35 cheaper. I rang Osprey this morning and asked them was it better for me to refuse delivery and re order at the cheaper price or to accept delivery and return it and re order again. The young woman said oh no you don`t need to do either because I`ll just refund you the difference here and now and then you can enjoy your bag. Result !

Well done, Vienna, and also well done Osprey! I managed to withstand temptation this year. Which bag are you getting???

Well done, Vienna, and also well done Osprey! I managed to withstand temptation this year. Which bag are you getting???

I`m not a handbag fanatic mazza but I have a faux leather bag almost identical to the one I`ve ordered from Osprey which is real leather and I use the faux one a lot so I thought I`d donate it to a charity shop and treat myself to the leather one. It`s the Suzanne bag which is in the sale on the Osprey site. Myself and hubby don`t buy each other Christmas gifts and we generally treat ourselves in the sales so this is my treat.
https://www.ospreylondon.com/sale/the-suzanne-leather-cross-body-shoulder-bag-black

That's a super smart bag & excellent service. Yet again you've recommended a website & I've seen something I didn't know that I wanted or needed until I saw it & I AM a handbag fanatic.

Vienna.

Very nice, and a good reduction! Also, the cross body chain looks to be an excellent length, something I struggle to find at times. I was hoping the little Carina Shrug would make it but I don't want metallic and it isn't very reduced, so I am holding firm. For now.

That's a super smart bag & excellent service. Yet again you've recommended a website & I've seen something I didn't know that I wanted or needed until I saw it & I AM a handbag fanatic.

OK own up what`s caught your eye ?

The Camden in Navy & it's on its way. Thank you Vienna, you're better than a personal shopper.

Enjoy ! Earlier last year they had the Daria toiletry bags in their sale, full price they`re £95each but they eventually dropped to half price and then another 10% off so in the end they were around £35 each in either pistachio or pale pink. I ordered 4 of them as Christmas presents, one for a daughter in law and 2 for 2 teenage grand daughters plus one for myself. They were fantastic value, lovely leather, really good size to fit in all the toiletries you need for a holiday plus they arrived beautifully gift boxed. Later this year when they bring out their Summer colours I`m hoping the matching makeup bags will end up in the sale and I`ll get them for next Christmas gifts. The teenage girls who are both 16 and daughter in law loved them, said they were very posh and the quality will mean they`ll last for years. At the moment they have them at full price but only in the winter shades.
https://www.ospreylondon.com/women/collections/daria/the-large-daria-leather-washbag-coconut-white

Latest posts

Back