Beauty Loves with Dermaflash TSV 26/01/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

(Didn’t do reply with quote for fear it was too long!), but I “suffer” quite badly with peach fuzz....

It’s got a LOT worse since I’ve been ill so I don’t know if it’s medication related or age-related (JUST over 40), but it does get me down!

When I had anorexia years ago, I did get very downy hair growth but although I’m slim, don’t think that’s it either... and I’ve been reassured no one notices (I am paranoid!)

It’s only really cheeks..

I epilate my underarms and always have such that little hair even grows...
Also do my legs with help but I DO battle badly with ingrowns - and the pain!
No
I can’t even imagine epilating my face does it not kill on such fluffy hair?! And have you had ingrowns issues at all?

Sorry for so many questions, this is fascinating and never met anyone who shaves their face (a woman I mean!)
Feel free not to reply!

Yes, the fuse wire does always seem to be the same hair that sprouts, and its a phenomenon but the tweezers always seem to hone in on it without me trying to find it (or them, around the sides of top lip).

Wow, thank you alter ego that was amazing. Strange stuff hair - men lose it & we get too much in places where we don't want it; I'll NEVER understand those who decide to cultivate theirs & go hairy for all to see.

(Didn’t do reply with quote for fear it was too long!), but I “suffer” quite badly with peach fuzz....

It’s got a LOT worse since I’ve been ill so I don’t know if it’s medication related or age-related (JUST over 40), but it does get me down!

When I had anorexia years ago, I did get very downy hair growth but although I’m slim, don’t think that’s it either... and I’ve been reassured no one notices (I am paranoid!)

It’s only really cheeks..

I epilate my underarms and always have such that little hair even grows...
Also do my legs with help but I DO battle badly with ingrowns - and the pain!
No
I can’t even imagine epilating my face does it not kill on such fluffy hair?! And have you had ingrowns issues at all?

Sorry for so many questions, this is fascinating and never met anyone who shaves their face (a woman I mean!)
Feel free not to reply!

I've never had ingrowns on peach fuzz but I have one hair under my jaw that has scarred me with the constant in-growing.

I have curly hair so I've occasionally had a "spot" that's not healed or even come to a head properly. I now have a mental map of my face with the few strong wire hairs I have so if I have a spot in one of those places I know it's not a spot but a stuck in-grown. I always get excited when the little bugger finally shows as I can pluck it out. My record hair was just under three inches root to tip that had coiled up under the skin! Since finding that I will keep at them if I can see I'm going to have a problem with one not coming to the surface. Sometimes I'm lucky and get it straight away, sometimes I end up making a royal mess of the skin. I'm a picker, though, so I can't leave anything alone.

Alpha H Liquid Gold has been an enormous help in preventing the wires getting in-grown and also with those time-of-the-month "underground" cysts that never come to a head and hang around for weeks. A dab of LG as soon as I notice one coming (along with a period tracker app that helps bells ring that they're due so I can be more aware they're on the way) really softens it up. I can often pop it as a whitehead that heals quickly and cleanly these days.

I had laser hair removal on my face several years ago because I had PCOS. It did work really well as I had a LOT of coarse dark hair. However, the few fastest growing wires that had first popped up in my twenties and have been plucking ever since have returned. There must be something about these wiry hairs that makes them super-fast growers and virtually indestructible!

I find it quite odd that these thick returning wires are a lot darker than my natural hair or copper coloured (I'm naturally a cool brunette). My hairdresser is always amused as I also have one on my scalp that is thick, copper and fairly straight that grows like a weed and hasn't greyed like the rest.

Yes, epilating does hurt. Sometimes worse than others. And epilating above my lip makes my eyes water! But you do get used to it and it's a lot quicker and easier than one of those bendy wire epilators. They're officially torture! Hats off to anyone that can use one of those.

I'm definitely far from the only secret or not-so-secret facial hair remover. My hairdresser was having her eyebrows threaded at the local shopping centre. When she saw others having their whole faces threaded she took the plunge. She was dismayed when she went back for her monthly session to find they'd left so I told her to epilate (obviously not her brows). It's saved her a fortune and she has the same results. During the gap between last threading and first epilation her fuzz just grew in normally - no man-growth or in-growns. A few of my friends have gone from using one of those trimmers to dry-shaving and/or epilating. None of us have turned into werewolves or Chewbaccas. Yet!

Latest posts

Back