Richard Jacksons Garden TSV 01/02/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wonder what it will be. I bought RJ's yellow primroses last year and they are flowering away just now, really pretty.

CC

Richard Jacksons Begonias & Root Booster TSV 01/02/20
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519551

Richard TSV 1.jpg

Richard TSV 2.jpg

Richard TSV 3.jpg

Richard TSV 4.jpg

Richard TSV 5.jpg

These might do well as begonias are really hard to grow from seed and tubers take up too much room to get them going indoors. I'll have a look.

CC

I love root booster and I use it on all my grown on plants when I put them into the garden. I also dug root booster in and around my raspberries and not only did they take over my garden buy my neighbours as well. Not everyone's a fan or RJ's products but I find they make a big difference. Mr CC is most certainly not a fan but he does like the lawn magic and he did comment on the apples I had grown on a mini apple tree (root booster and flower power).

CC

I love root booster and I use it on all my grown on plants when I put them into the garden. I also dug root booster in and around my raspberries and not only did they take over my garden buy my neighbours as well. Not everyone's a fan or RJ's products but I find they make a big difference. Mr CC is most certainly not a fan but he does like the lawn magic and he did comment on the apples I had grown on a mini apple tree (root booster and flower power).

CC

Thanks CC. If it’s good enough for you, it’s good enough for me. I’ll give it a go.

Thanks CC. If it’s good enough for you, it’s good enough for me. I’ll give it a go.

I'm sure you'll have success. I bought my mum both RB and FP and she doesn't even really know who Richard Jackson is but she did say how well her garden was doing. I know people will say you get the same with £1 tomato feed but personally I think Richard's products are the best I've tried.

CC

Richard Jackson 12 Giant Flowering Begonia Young Plants with 100g Rootbooster
Item Number: 519551
QVC Price £19.00
Todays Special Value Price £14.99
P&P £4.95

This item is available through Advanced Order. It will be shipped the week commencing 11/05/2020.

A show-stopping collection of Begonia Majestic from Richard Jackson, these easy-to-grow plants will produce huge, gorgeously ruffled flowers in the summer in six vibrant shades, and come with a 100g pouch of Rootbooster. Create a spectacular display in your garden with these vivid flowers, which will look beautiful in pots or borders.

Gorgeous giants – each plant produces huge ruffled blooms that can grow up to 20cm (7.9”) across - three times the size of ordinary begonias. Their structure is also tougher and stronger than the average begonia, so they will tolerate summer downpours and last up to the first frosts.

Colourful display– fill your garden with a vibrant array of sunset shades, with six different colours in the collection, including Soft Pink, Red and Sunburst. Get creative with your display and enjoy continuous colour from summer through to late autumn.

Low maintenance – these Begonia plants are easy to care for, and Richard Jackson’s Rootbooster is a natural, triple action planting aid that you can use to help them grow stronger and healthier. In addition, the plants will produce corms which can be lifted in the autumn and overwintered in a frost-free place, and then re-planted the following year.

Plant type: half hardy perennial
Flowering period: June – late autumn
Plant position: full sun or partial shade
Soil type: well drained
Plug plants: 4.5cm (1.8”)
Spread: 30cm (11.8”)
Mature height: 30cm-45cm (11.8”-17.7”)

Contains:

2 x Begonia Majestic Apricot - with non-scented orange flowers
2 x Begonia Majestic Red - with non-scented red flowers
2 x Begonia Majestic Soft Pink - with non-scented pale pink flowers
2 x Begonia Majestic Sunburst - with non-scented yellow and orange flowers with red edges
2 x Begonia Majestic Yellow - with non-scented yellow flowers
2 x Begonia Majestic White/Pink Picotee - with non-scented white fading to pink edges flowers
1 x Rootbooster (100g)

Cultural instructions:

On arrival, place top of the plug just below the surface of soil or compost
We suggest planting each plant in a 9cm pot first, before planting into their final position
For best results add some of Richard Jackson’s Rootbooster
Remove faded blooms

Delivered directly from Richard Jackson: please allow 7-10 working days for delivery to UK only (including islands and Northern Ireland).

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519551

QVC’s Hogwarts Trickery Magic yet again with the set full of what would appear to be examples of the TSV plants
So are they grown on TSV specimens? ....... No they are faux plants!!!

I won't get these because I dont like upright begonias I prefer trailing in pots and baskets. Not keen on the type a bit old fashioned and £20.00 is just far too expensive

QVC’s Hogwarts Trickery Magic yet again with the set full of what would appear to be examples of the TSV plants
So are they grown on TSV specimens? ....... No they are faux plants!!!

To be fair though, I've had giant begonias before from De Jager and they've been fabulous and they do grow huge. To be doubly fair, I've also had quite a few QVC plants that haven't been anything like the display on the set so I've got refunds for those. De Jager, Plants2Gardens and Mr Jacksons plants so far have been very good, however, I agree they aren't cheap.

CC

QVC are selling a Japanese cherry for around £30.00 its a standard but Homebase have some non standard bush type shrubs for £10 atm choc full of buds and raring to go guess where I will be getting my cherry from

Last year B&Q were selling huge plants 3 for £10 so I stocked up as often when you can't actually see plants (mail order) you end up buying something that's tiny when it arrives. Plants2Gardens sell bigger plants at bigger prices but the up side is they are established and don't die. Hoping to get some milder weather so I can actually get out in the garden soon.

CC

Yesterday was in b+m and they had various fruit trees including cherry tree at £5 - annoyingly I didn't spot them until I was through the check-out. They were small but I would want for a container anyway so am hoping they still have some when I pop back tomorrow :RpS_unsure:

Those small fruit trees take a couple of years to give fruit (especially apples), however, I've some that I bought from various places - get the self fertile ones - and last year we had half a dozen golden delicious apples on what was virtually a twig! (yes I know, wowee, go the Asda and buy a bag of apples). They tasted lovely though and they were a bit smaller than shop apples which I like as they weren't too much to eat at one go and the dog loved eating the pip removed cores.

CC

Those small fruit trees take a couple of years to give fruit (especially apples), however, I've some that I bought from various places - get the self fertile ones - and last year we had half a dozen golden delicious apples on what was virtually a twig! (yes I know, wowee, go the Asda and buy a bag of apples). They tasted lovely though and they were a bit smaller than shop apples which I like as they weren't too much to eat at one go and the dog loved eating the pip removed cores.

CC

You can't beat fruit and veg grown in the open air and ripened naturally by the sun. Tomatoes have that pungent smell that I remember from my childhood and resberries are smaller than from Tesco but sweet and juicy.

You can't beat fruit and veg grown in the open air and ripened naturally by the sun. Tomatoes have that pungent smell that I remember from my childhood and resberries are smaller than from Tesco but sweet and juicy.
The White Company do a candle called Tomato leaf a dupe of the Jo Malone one absolutely gorgeous I just kept it burning until it finished

Latest posts

Back