Is Alison Young well?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve always showered in my wedding ring and engagement ring but apparently you’re supposed to take your diamonds off because soap can get in the stone, Beaverbrooks clean my engagement ring for me for free since the husband bought it for me for our tenth wedding anniversary (20 years ago) he actually had it commissioned using their X cut diamond, 18ct yellow gold and a half carat baguette cut with a quarter carat brilliant cut either side to represent him and our two sons so it’s precious in lots of ways. :RpS_wub:

Sounds beautiful shopperholic. I’m a yellow gold girl too!

So perhaps Alison Young is having her rings cleaned?

I don't believe much of what the Daily Fail/Daily Hate write.

Last edited:
That sounds beautiful Shopps & as you say it's precious in many ways. I was 19 when we got married, he was three months older, & we didn't get engaged which surprised my grandad who was a jeweller. He was a man who always did things properly & about a month before the wedding he asked my Mr T if he'd object to me receiving a ring as a gift from him, the answer was "not at all" & I wear a diamond ring made from old stones that are slightly irregular & not a clear as the modern ones. I totally agree with you about not getting soap on the stones, I look after my jewellery & clean my real stuff in a small amount of gin!

The sentimental value would make your beautiful ring priceless, what a lovely gesture xx

Sounds beautiful shopperholic. I’m a yellow gold girl too!

Thank Liam, I love the warmth of yellow gold xx

So perhaps Alison Young is having her rings cleaned?

I don't believe much of what the Daily Fail/Daily Hate write.

I don't either but it was a copied interview that she gave to a magazine, possibly Woman & Home. She also did a list of her 'top tips' that were dicussed on here because some differed from the advice she gives on air. From what I can see our genes, health, luck & the way we live determine everything in life & that includes our looks. I'm off to slap on some Astral!

Alison broke her arm some years back and her fingers swole up so she had to get her wedding rings cut off. She actually said that on air. So then she started wearing the Tova EEQ ring then QVC made the AY version which she wore, even saying she mucked out the horses wearing it and it was fine. But the original wedding rings never ever appeared again. So she either never did get them repaired and resized or decided to not wear on air. The EEQ rings now seem to have disappeared as well as I notice a yellow gold ring she wore late last year which now also seems to have disappeared.

I thought when she opted for the copy of the Tova ring that she and Simon had looked into having the same sort of ring commissioned but she said for the present time she would keep with the eek ring.

Last night she had a fine yellow gold possible wish bone style ring third finger right hand

22ct gold is gorgeous but oh so soft. I agree with you about cleaning our jewellery, items that matter to us should be looked after.

Liquid soap isn't as bad as solid soap which a jeweller told me it can get behind the stone and could cause it to loosen. I use warm soapy water and a very soft make up brush, rinse well and dry with a jewellers cloth. I keep pearls in a silk pouch with no other jewellery that could scratch them and rings are in my jewellery box. My gold and silver bracelets are in separate drawers laid on jewellers cloth, necklaces are on hooks.

I have to say that Alison Young is a prime example of a mediocre beauty therapist (have you seen her facial strokes) and a terrible make-up artist (her philosophy seems to be more is more)

Her delivery is brash and I often see the professional therapists struggling not to grimace at some of the nonsense she comes out with.

Her skin looks good (what I can see of the parts not covered by shiny highlighter) but she's got the pick of great products, so it SHOULD look fantastic!

Not many wrinkles, I'd imagine that has a lot to do with her being overweight and/or a few fillers.

Why can't QVC get someone who actually knows what they're talking about and imparts information in a way that doesn't sound as though she's working on a market stall

I have to say that Alison Young is a prime example of a mediocre beauty therapist (have you seen her facial strokes) and a terrible make-up artist (her philosophy seems to be more is more)

Her delivery is brash and I often see the professional therapists struggling not to grimace at some of the nonsense she comes out with.

Her skin looks good (what I can see of the parts not covered by shiny highlighter) but she's got the pick of great products, so it SHOULD look fantastic!

Not many wrinkles, I'd imagine that has a lot to do with her being overweight and/or a few fillers.

Why can't QVC get someone who actually knows what they're talking about and imparts information in a way that doesn't sound as though she's working on a market stall
IMO the answer to your question is because she's brought in all the business & the majority of Q's revenue comes from sales of beauty products.

Wandered over to her Instagram and someone had asked her if she was using a filter. In one of the videos she was filtered out of recognition!!

It also seems a pity that they don’t sell sample of foundation as on a not tried before product this is the biggest problem most encounter. A small pack of a selection of colours within a band would be cheaper than all the returns. Of course Q would rip the arse out of it with the price and postage.

I think the Joan Collins range when on Q gave sample.

I wonder what happened to the Joan Collins range? I think she appeared once after her Damehood and then it was all way too beneath her. It had very good reviews but unlike Time Bomb, it didn't end up in stores....

Latest posts

Back