Is Alison Young well?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, still have her horses and didn't know it was a farm just she owned horses as that is all she ever mentions?

Ali got a new horse yesterday, she has a house with fields rather than a productive farm.

Dressing and looking like a bag lady is ok (we all do to a greater or lesser extent at times). BUT we are not flogging gloop to make us look like a million dollars whilst looking like something the cat dragged in.

I could actually forgive the clothes but what I can’t forgive is the awful makeup and hair. Very much a case of do as I say not as I do. Particularly when it is preached at you. Would you go to a dentist with bad breath?

Well she looked quite good on the TSV last night better than I’ve seen her for a long time. I think like most people who own horses they buy a paddock or rent from a local land owner.

Had to flick over for a nose.

Yes, she looks good on the TSV launch. She must not be using the heavy black eyeliner as she does not look so dark around the eyes for one.

I also noticed her Anniversary ring was missing.

Don’t know the run down of the farm but as far as I’ve heard Ali Young say for ages, look at me I’m a beauty therapist, but I’m not always here in London and on TV, I live on a farm.
You’ll find me when I’m not here at QVC, breaking ice in the water buckets, mucking out, driving the horse box and out in the tractor repairing the fencing.

The shape of our face can be altered by the neckline we choose & the wide v neckline suited her. If I wear a polo neck I look like Alice in Wonderland when her neck gets stretched.

A few years back there were some videos from her house - I think she has several dogs as well as the horses.
I get the impression she has always been a country girl at heart, as well as very much an animal lover (people, not so much).

Ageing in the public eye is usually more challenging, as you are always under the spotlight. Even if you are under pleasant delusions about your appearance, there are plenty of commentators who will puncture your bubble.

I would say that Alison has way fewer delusions about her appearance than most of the other presenters. I would also say that she doesn't really have a good eye for what will look most flattering on her. Further to that, I am not convinced she cares that much!

It's like her love of over-the-top eyeliner and mascara, and her addiction to shimmerbrick. She does what makes her happy.

I say good for her. And rather than say how dreadful not to set a better example, I would say it's important that there are people in the public eye, who are not toeing the line of looking and dressing a certain way.

Alison is a perfect example that no matter the so-called wonder products and gadgets QVC sell that are supposed to do they will not stop your ageing. Alison is a woman in her 50s and looks like a woman in her 50s. The brand reps Andrew, Judith, Keeley etc can bang on all they like about their wonder products but look at Alison she trails them and looks like a normal woman in her 50s. She does not look years younger.

A few years back there were some videos from her house - I think she has several dogs as well as the horses.
I get the impression she has always been a country girl at heart, as well as very much an animal lover (people, not so much).

Ageing in the public eye is usually more challenging, as you are always under the spotlight. Even if you are under pleasant delusions about your appearance, there are plenty of commentators who will puncture your bubble.

I would say that Alison has way fewer delusions about her appearance than most of the other presenters. I would also say that she doesn't really have a good eye for what will look most flattering on her. Further to that, I am not convinced she cares that much!

It's like her love of over-the-top eyeliner and mascara, and her addiction to shimmerbrick. She does what makes her happy.

I say good for her. And rather than say how dreadful not to set a better example, I would say it's important that there are people in the public eye, who are not toeing the line of looking and dressing a certain way.

I agree, people should never care what others think of them so long as they’re happy and AY is free to do that out of working hours, but when in work she should be presentable and considering she’s called herself a qualified make-up artist in the past, then her make up could be better. John Lewis or Debenhams or even Harrods would never allow their shop assistants to look like they’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards or got dressed in the dark, even their teeth should be straight and white. Outrageous! you cry, and in any other profession you’d be spot on, but these woman have chosen the beauty profession and the clue is in the title, probably similar to you wouldn’t take dietary advice of an obese person. AY chose this profession and the sales assistant job with QVC, she could at least pretend to look like she means it, especially when she wants your money to pay for her equestrian life style. Just my opinion of course.

If she was flogging kitchen knives it wouldn’t matter a jot but overpriced beauty products she should at least look like she bothered to comb her hair.

I don’t expect her to look 20 or like others botoxed to the eyeballs but FGS she needs to stop the terrible makeup,after all it is her area “expertise”. She could land planes at Heathrow with that shimmer stuff she uses.

being a make up artist is not the same as being a beauty therapist though....

True, but isn’t she supposed to be one of those too? Don’t forget she also states (every other second) that she’s a “qualified beauty expert” from thirty years ago......she never states what the qualifications are and there lies the difference.

When she was first on the Q she would wear a beauty technician's outfit of tunic top & trousers; she did the demos & a presenter did the sales pitch. Mind you it was also the time when the presenters could only have an American manicure. This is from the Daily Fail in April 2018 - 'She trained as a beauty therapist and worked at spas, in Harrods, then Grayshott Health Spa, where she became head of therapies'.

True, but isn’t she supposed to be one of those too? Don’t forget she also states (every other second) that she’s a “qualified beauty expert” from thirty years ago......she never states what the qualifications are and there lies the difference.

shes not saying shes a brain surgeon or a Neuro Psycologist she went to the local tech and did beauty therapy course and usually you do make up module. shes not good with make up thats not her thing tbh...

shes not saying shes a brain surgeon or a Neuro Psycologist she went to the local tech and did beauty therapy course and usually you do make up module. shes not good with make up thats not her thing tbh...

I like Alison. I celebrate her not following the 'crowd?' with the botox & fillers. Woe the day she does.

As a horse person myself, the 4 leggeds are always our priority - rightly or wrongly over everything. They rule our hearts & minds, more so than clothes & slap. I agree that one needs to look good on TV, but there are a few on there who look much worse & are arseholes as well.
I don't think she's the best therapist out there, indeed, a bit dated, but she does well for herself.
I think she qualified with BABTAC - no I didn't google this - I never do that on here - (another story). It's a good awarding body - although less active in the B.T courses now.

We’ve had this conversation before, no one is saying she’s a “Neuro Psychologist” but she may as well because she’s certainly not a beauty “expert” she’s a sales person, and there’s nothing wrong with that. She stated live on air that she’s a qualified make-up artist so if she’s qualified it certainly should be her thing. :RpS_smile:

I’m sure she’s a lovely woman, I’m going by the fact she says everything she presents is amazing therefore she’s a sales person as opposed to an expert.

I remember clearly it was suddenly out of the blue perhaps 7 or 8 years ago? She announced on air she was a trained makeup artist! Never mentioned in the all the previous years she was at QVC and I remember the comments on here about her slapdash putting makeup on the models. It was scary to watch and a 3-year-old could have done a better job. It was quite quickly that she stopped applying(or trying to) makeup on on-air models. Bet they all cheered.

shes not good with make up but its quite a different skill to being a therapist which she obviously is. they are not the same thing.

Latest posts

Back