Alison O'Reilly's absence from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
Alison was diagnosed with a rare type of blood cancer at the beginning of December. It's incurable but can be treated; she's currently having chemotherapy & will probably need a stem cell transplant when her treatment ends. She says that it was caught early & the results so far are encouraging. She sounds really positive but must have very dark moments. I wish her well.

I did notice other BA over the weeks but just assumed she was on holiday or something.

I do hope she gets through this.

When I saw Julia with Hannah today I thought I hadn't seen Alison for a while. Poor thing what a horrible thing to happen. Hope she recovers quickly. Thanks for letting us know.

When someone disappears from QVC I tend to just think Oh their contract has run out.

I did see on Facebook a few people asking about Alison on the QVC page but of course, they did not reply.

Hoping Alison can get her stem cell quickly and get back to full health.

I was wondering where Alison was but just thought it was a break.This is sad news but hope she stays strong and sees through her treatment to happier times, it will be tough for her and her family, keep going Alison even through the hard times.

Sad news, indeed. Good to hear that it is treatable.

Isn't that what Julia has? If so, that also would be encouraging for Alison, to see how well Julia is doing.

Warm wishes to Alison & her family.

My Dad was diagnosed with Stage 4B NHL, incurable but can go years without requiring treatment - it was an immense relief as the docs thought he had multiple myeloma, sincerely hope this poor lass doesn't have that, I wish her well too.

Alison O’Reilly - Diamonique guest

Apologies if this has already been posted, I had a quick look and couldn’t find it.

Alison O’Reilly has made this info public on her FaceBook page so please rest assured I’m not breaking any confidences or her privacy. She is undergoing treatment for what she describes as a rare blood cancer. She is having chemo and expects to need a stem cell transplant in due course.

A terrible illness for anyone but she seems so young for what she’s been told is an incurable but treatable condition.

Best wishes to Alison for successful treatment.

Yes I wish her well too. When you are told you have something that's 'incurable' your brain goes into overdrive, and mentally you're not in a good place, so as well as physically having her illness being manageable, I wish that she's gradually getting mentally better in coping too.

I know the odds are stacked at some becoming ill within a huge group of people, but QVC in recent years has had staff suffering with some pretty unpleasant issues.

Jill Franks was off for a period of time
Miceal has had illness issues
Julia Roberts is living with an illness
Alison Keenan had cancer
- as did two lovely models who passed away
Chloe Everton had recurring laryngitis

and now Alison O'Reilly

I haven’t posted for many months because I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin lymphoma a type of blood cancer.I have been through the journey including a stem cell transplant a year ago. It has been rough but Alison is a lot younger than me so should cope well.
I can only praise all that the NHS has done for me and I think Alison will get the best of treatment.I wish her well.

I haven’t posted for many months because I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin lymphoma a type of blood cancer.I have been through the journey including a stem cell transplant a year ago. It has been rough but Alison is a lot younger than me so should cope well.
I can only praise all that the NHS has done for me and I think Alison will get the best of treatment.I wish her well.

Hugs and kisses Turandot.xxx

I'm so sorry you've been go through such a rough time. I hope you recover completely and continue with good health. There is nothing worse than losing your health (apart from losing loved ones).

I wish Alison well. too. My friend's sister has been through that - unpleasant but has survived and is recovering.

I know the odds are stacked at some becoming ill within a huge group of people, but QVC in recent years has had staff suffering with some pretty unpleasant issues.

Jill Franks was off for a period of time
Miceal has had illness issues
Julia Roberts is living with an illness
Alison Keenan had cancer
- as did two lovely models who passed away
Chloe Everton had recurring laryngitis

and now Alison O'Reilly

I know from experience that stress is a huge factor with illness (or it has been for me).

I can't imagine the presenters getting that stressed about work so maybe they have stressful personal lives. There are certainly far more stressful jobs out there. Though I can imagine that social media hasn't helped with stress even if it does help with their sale figures. Glad I don't bother with it or I can imagine getting stressed just reading the presenters social media. Their sales prattle raises my blood pressure enough as it is!

Wishing you all the very best for your recovery Turandot. x

I have wondered now and again were you are and hoped you was well, sorry for the struggle with ill health you’ve been going through and hope you’re thoroughly on the road to a full recovery, take care xxx

Latest posts

Back