13/01/20 - 19/01/20 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I also have a comprehensive Nutribullet kit.

The trouble with these "upside down" blenders is that you need a strong grip to screw on the blade assembly onto the cup tightly enough, so that it doesn't leak when the cup is upside down when mixing. Otherwise the gunge ends up in the motor base , which is very difficult to clean. If it gets into the motor itself, that is the end of it!

I had to stop using mine when the seal between the base and the blades started to leak, so the gunge was regularly getting into the motor base.

There are so many places selling the Nutribullet, and so many slightly tweaked models it's hard to compare. I thought I'd use it more than I have. Ours lives on the kitchen counter otherwise it'd be out of sight out of mind.

Ocado has a soup-maker on offer here and Aldi here if anyone is interested in alternatives.

I've only used it once so far, and will probably put a review on Q after a few more uses.

First impression, the jug is VERY heavy as it is made of thick glass with a metal heating unit on the bottom. You need a very strong wrist to lift it by the handle. If you use the other hand to support it, you will need to wear an oven glove as it gets very hot. It is also difficult to rinse, you need a tall tap AND you have to try and keep the outside dry in case water gets into the electrics.

Although it has a self-clean programme, you have to rinse it before and after according to the instructions.

It is also very difficult to take the lid off, so much so that I had to ring Ninja for advice. It may get easier after use as the seal wears a bit.

PS I have 2 other types of Ninja; all have pros and cons.

Mr B has a Very strong wrist.

There are so many places selling the Nutribullet, and so many slightly tweaked models it's hard to compare. I thought I'd use it more than I have. Ours lives on the kitchen counter otherwise it'd be out of sight out of mind.

Ocado has a soup-maker on offer here and Aldi here if anyone is interested in alternatives.

Kimby, please see my previous post re darlik.

The gunge issue that Strato has highlighted is putting me off.
Strato - why didn't you take the bullet back re the gunge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Kimby, can I ram everything in this & then drink, or do I have to peel/chop? Does it look like a darlic (sp) on the worktop & will it go in the dish washer? Is this a good price?

I'm not scared of Daleks so it's always out on the side plus it's a spiffy bright turquoise metallic NutriBullet which I rather like. I'm not too careful about chopping the veg I put in and I buy bags of frozen fruit which helps chill the smoothie without adding ice. £45 is a good price if you'll use it. I don't have gunge troubles and the plastic beaker and the part with the blade go in the dishwasher...come to think of it DD might bring it back after a couple of uses when she has to wash it by hand at her new place. :RpS_biggrin:

My wrists are getting limper the older I get so I think I'll resist the call of soup-makers. Thanks for the info Alan.

Just to explain the photo is for SisterBliss : Salem in his mankini! Completely off topic! :RpS_blink:

Attachments

• Salemm.jpg
    Salemm.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 119

Kimby, please see my previous post re darlik.

The gunge issue that Strato has highlighted is putting me off.
Strato - why didn't you take the bullet back re the gunge?

I bought it in Woolies closing down sale, so nowhere to take it back to!

I'm drinking a smoothie at this very moment.

I have a banana in my cereal at breakfast time, but save the skin (after thoroughly washing the banana, waste not, want not lol) and use that in the smoothie, together with frozen strawberries, milk, and lots of crystallised ginger to give it a kick.

I couldn't help laughing at this

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not scared of Daleks so it's always out on the side plus it's a spiffy bright turquoise metallic NutriBullet which I rather like. I'm not too careful about chopping the veg I put in and I buy bags of frozen fruit which helps chill the smoothie without adding ice. £45 is a good price if you'll use it. I don't have gunge troubles and the plastic beaker and the part with the blade go in the dishwasher...come to think of it DD might bring it back after a couple of uses when she has to wash it by hand at her new place. :RpS_biggrin:

My wrists are getting limper the older I get so I think I'll resist the call of soup-makers. Thanks for the info Alan.

Just to explain the photo is for SisterBliss : Salem in his mankini! Completely off topic! :RpS_blink:

Thanks!

Oh look at his little pink hooter! (as in schnozzle)

I bought it in Woolies closing down sale, so nowhere to take it back to!

I'm drinking a smoothie at this very moment.

I have a banana in my cereal at breakfast time, but save the skin (after thoroughly washing the banana, waste not, want not lol) and use that in the smoothie, together with frozen strawberries, milk, and lots of crystallised ginger to give it a kick.

I couldn't help laughing at this

Good,intended to make someone laugh. Not everyone 'gets' my jokes. They can be very subtle/dry.

Hey Alan!

How are you getting on with the soup Ninja? I resisted because I have plenty food mashing apparatus and not enough cupboard space.

On the previous subject of gunge in the base of the bullet my daughter just scrapes it out with a blunt knife or teaspoon every couple of uses. Probably not ideal but seems to help.

Latest posts

Back