Do you think QVC are going bust?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

apple

Registered Shopper
Why are QVC not issuing refunds? It must add up to millions. My parcel was lost on it’s way to me, the Hermes tracking shows ‘delayed’ so easy for QVC to check the validity of my claim. Several e mails later , over the space of a month, QVC are still looking into it’ and won’t refund me. This story is repeated over and over by customers. I do wonder if they’re going bust as I can’t understand why they would alienate all their longstanding customers in the way they are.

The other thing I notice is that the visitor posting section on their Facebook page has been increasingly taken over by their sellers touting upcoming shows, I feel this is very deliberate on QVCks part, an attempt to break up all the posts from customers which are invariably about the difficulties of getting refunds and other customer service issues.

I’ve got another parcel I’d ideally like to send back but I’m frightened to send it because I’ll probably not get a refund for that.At least if I keep it I’ve got the goods (make up, a couple of the items ok).

I definitely won’t be buying again from them for the foreseeable until I can feel more confident and even then they may have lost me as a customer for good because I feel the treatment of customers has been really shoddy.

I don't send a lot back but a couple of years ago I would get a refund within days. I sent something back at the end of last year and I waited a couple of weeks for them to confirm they had received it and then another 10 days or so to be refunded so they are definitely holding on to customers' money longer than they used to. Ideal World also take around 3 weeks before refunds are made.

Don't think any of them are going bust, companies just like to hold on to money as long as they can as it benefits them not the customer.

CC

The amount of beauty they sell seems to be able to keep them afloat and unfortunately this doesn’t show any sign of reducing.

If it was on (in) efficiency they would close In the morning.

I think the quantity of stuff moved over Christmas will result in a high % of problems. Every time they run a promotion the wheels seem to come off the wagon.

Its been on a downhill slide for years, since the demise of the huge Crafting audience and products they decided to get rid of, since the price of gold rocketed (which has since dipped and rose again) and the endless gem stone/gold/silver jewellery shows were offloaded, - I was one who spent a small fortune on both craft and jewellery at the time.

Fashion has been dictated by American vendors and prices have soared. Beauty has been their mainstay for years. The same brands are on a loop, the station closes at 1am when it used to be 2am. More 'offers' and discount 'vouchers', 6 easy pays are becoming the norm. Reduced postage on beauty,

So yes, along with p & p and refund fiasco, I would say that QVC are struggling. My last 2 items purchased was a Julien McDonald trinket box last August, and the Babyliss hair styler just recently. In previous years I would buy several items a month, so if old customers are like me, then they must be suffering, because new customers just aren't having the amount of variety that we once experienced.

It does seem like they’re going bust, at one time there’d be a different item every five minutes with lots of brands vying for a couple of minutes on air, now with the internet and ability to find what you want in a flash QVC are way behind as far as retail service goes. Amazon have the best customer service and refund as soon as they know you’ve handed the parcel to the carrier, with Ideal World I can track my free return and I email their customer service as soon as I know they have it back (usually within a week) then I get my refund the next day, cleared through my bank the day after so yes, QVC have definitely changed, for the worse.

The last item I returned was ordered, received, returned & I was refunded all within 12 days & that included two weekends so they can do it, occasionally.

QVC returns service is rubbish its the worse of all the online companies..its to put you off sending stuff back

Qurate Group Share price has bombed this year :RpS_huh: Screenshot_20200115-204703_Chrome.jpg

I’d hate to see QVC employees lose their jobs but QVC could stop being so greedy and turn things around, cheaper postage, faster refunds, better quality control, do away with signing the letter if you have proof, free returns, drag themselves in to 2020 modern retail practices, but I doubt any of this will happen.

Yes a few months ago I returned a Radley bag with RM tracked and signed for.I had arrived back at their warehouse less than 24 hours of leaving me with the signature of the person who had received it.It took the full
14 days and several phone calls for them to even acknowledge receipt then the additional time to process the refund.Now I my items are few and far between and restricted to a much lower price level.It simply costs far to much in P&p plus the return cost, this is something that seems to be mentioned quite frequently in reviews.

Yes a few months ago I returned a Radley bag with RM tracked and signed for.I had arrived back at their warehouse less than 24 hours of leaving me with the signature of the person who had received it.It took the full
14 days and several phone calls for them to even acknowledge receipt then the additional time to process the refund.Now I my items are few and far between and restricted to a much lower price level.It simply costs far to much in P&p plus the return cost, this is something that seems to be mentioned quite frequently in reviews.

you have to be very mindful with what you are buying on QVC no rushing and measure, read reviews and any other research you have to do. just hearing the frosty response from call centre staff is enough to put one off but I won't keep anything I am not happy with.

Agree Boffy I only order things I am sure I will not need to return and nothing costing a really expensive P&P cost. Never ever clothing but I am rarely tempted by anything!

In general, If I buy anything expensive, I make sure it is also heavy enough to qualify for free collection, like the recent big deal Ninja soup maker I've just received.

I am wondering if QVC has let go a lot of warehouse staff that deal with returns? I remember last year people saying refunds issued really quickly, as the year 2019 it got much worse. I know QVC said 14-28 days for refunds it's somewhere in the small print of the terms. There seem to be so many complaints about CS staff being rude and giving the wrong information. I am another who only orders if they know they will keep an item, I cannot even remember the last time I returned something must be years.

Now, they seem to be keeping the £1.95 postage on beauty apart from TSVs which are now £2.95. So more people must be ordering more with lower shipping.

My Hermes lady is lovely never had a problem with her. But people forget that Hermes consider all the delivery drivers as self employed and they only get I believe 54p a parcel delivered. No wonder so many just dump the parcels at doors or throw over walls.

I doubt they’re going bust, but they’ve definitely gone downhill.

I’m probably lucky because, on the rare occasion that I have returned an item, I have received a refund fairly quickly (in QVC’s world anyway, although not as fast as most other companies) and I’ve never had a problem with Hermes deliveries, but that’s probably down to my local team of couriers.

BUT the fact that they keep pushing products with bad reviews as being “fantastic” wreaks of desperation, together with the fact that many of the shows are like Groundhog Day. Their email system is archaic and there is no way that in this day and age it should take over a week to reply to a customer’s query or complaint. IW and other companies reply within hours.

The presenters spend more time waffling on about grandchildren, their books, their dietary preferences etc than they do on telling the customer about the product or giving out sizes.

But the thing which I think could bring about their demise is that most of the products can be bought more cheaply elsewhere. If I see something being presented and it appeals to me I will/can usually buy it elsewhere, knowing that it will arrive more quickly, will be cheaper, will often have free P&P and refunds will be quick. Sadly though, a lot of customers think that QVC is the only place that sells things and so, with their purchases, QVC will continue to operate and will think that they do not need to “up their game.”

The reviews about the company on TrustPilot should ring alarm bells for them, but the whole company seems to be following the ostrich syndrome (we’ll bury our heads in the sand and that means it isn’t going pear-shaped.)

I wouldn't be surprised if they have tied themselves into long term contracts with their major suppliers to sell a huge number of items at uncompetitive prices too high to beat the DHS. Suppliers such as Elemis, Decleor, Lulu Guinness and Kipling. Plus the "exclusives" such as Marla Wynn and the food offerings. So they having to concentrate on these offerings to the detriment of new ranges.

Another suspicion I have is whether they try to "massage" their end of quarter figures in some way. Such as the £1.95 postage which no doubt generates more sales. By delaying refunds, so the sales show in the actual quarter but refunds shown as an adjustment in the next. Even the "vouchers" given if you spend more than a certain amount. How are they accounted for in their balance sheet, both at the point of sale and further down the line, possibly in their next financial quarter when the vouchers are spent ?

I noticed the other day - with mouth open, that some really lightweight items - like scarves, had a p & p of £4.95 !!!! which is more evidence that their postage costs are very random. I doubt if it was more than £1.50 as a return, so a quick pocketed profit of £3.50 before the parcel has been opened !!!!

Latest posts

Back