Do you think QVC are going bust?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So many I would have bought if it was on easy pay on the Facebook page. A constant whine from people. I am not a fan, now I have used it but by the second easy pay, I am bored and just want it gone. I have heard you can phone up and pay the rest off in one payment, but I don't trust QVC to get it right! Hell people have returned stuff and a month later still have the easy pay taken!

Because we are here we do usually know about TSVs and if I think oh I like that I will make sure I have the full amount hopefully to buy. Since I have not bought in ages does not happen.

Now an interesting thing I have noticed with a number of online retailers they have a thing, Karm, something and it says do not want to pay all in one go spread the pays into 3 is the usual one. Even on eBay I have seen it!

I was astounded when Marks started it - not for expensive furniture as before - but on a shirt at £25!

Now an interesting thing I have noticed with a number of online retailers they have a thing, Karm, something and it says do not want to pay all in one go spread the pays into 3 is the usual one. Even on eBay I have seen it!

DD used Klarna to buy an item from TopShop (I think). She ordered two sizes and returned one the next day. Assuming the retailer would cancel the credit for the returned item she paid off the item kept and then got letters from Klarna chasing for the 2nd item. In the end she insisted the shop emailed Klarna and sort it within 24 hours, which did the trick even after the emailing them the return confirmation didn't. I wouldn't use them after that palava!

I agree easypays are tempting but usually I forget what payments are coming out and when.

QVC France didn’t last long and shut up shop after a few years, the French are very savvy and because QVC France was a late comer to the table, they didn’t get a chance to get addicted to QVC and their expensive goods with ridiculous postal charges.........viva! France!

Going by the endless complaints on Facebook alone, just imagine how many who don't do Facebook. All you read from Facebook Liam is sorry, sorry, sorry again and again and again. Dead plants stuff not turning up returns not dealt with. They are of course blaming everything on the virus but these problems started long before it.

Same old products as the pick of the month, same brands pushing the same products when they are already doing offers on their own sites. I can see QVC UK doing some major cutbacks when the lockdown is over. It won't be the presenters going but the backroom staff can't have the friendly presenters the customers know and trust disappearing.

They haven’t even bothered to have a selection of cut and paste stock answers it‘s the same one to each complaint. However when it is a groupie post they are all over them thanking and glad they are enjoying the show xxx

Can you still post a letter to them? That’s what I will be doing if required as I have no intention of sitting on the phone for 30 minutes only to be cut off, if I want that I could phone HMRC.

I watch very little if anything because I feel as though I have seen it all before.If I do buy from QVC it is a something I have bought before and factor in the P&P.The days of impulse buys are over but then again nothing tempts me.

When I rang up about the fruit bushes I received last week, that I hadn’t ordered, I was told that they don’t accept plants back and was told to keep them. It’s a shame that they don’t post this on their FB page, as quite a few of the customers who have received wrecked plants have mentioned returning them. They could then simply get in touch with QVC to tell them they want a refund, although that takes ages as a rule.

QVC also sent me a 3.2kg bag of Lindt truffles that I hadn’t asked for as I’d already had a refund because they hadn’t turned up. Once again, I was told to keep them (free of charge) as they don’t accept food back either. I suppose that saves pies etc from winging their way back through the post.

I’m not on FB, but do look at the page as a guest, and if I’d asked a question and got the stock reply, together with a x at the end, there is absolutely no way I’d thank them because that’s hardly caring for the customer.

Going by the endless complaints on Facebook alone, just imagine how many who don't do Facebook. All you read from Facebook Liam is sorry, sorry, sorry again and again and again. Dead plants stuff not turning up returns not dealt with. They are of course blaming everything on the virus but these problems started long before it.

Same old products as the pick of the month, same brands pushing the same products when they are already doing offers on their own sites. I can see QVC UK doing some major cutbacks when the lockdown is over. It won't be the presenters going but the backroom staff can't have the friendly presenters the customers know and trust disappearing.

But it won’t only be Q doing some major cutting back over the next 12 months the U.K. won’t be as we have known it - sad but it can’t possibly be.

This just might make some companies pull their socks up Q being the most antiquated.

however I think that during lockdown digital bloggers/vloggers/influencers (god I hate them) have taken over the world and unless you are the age group taken in by these parasites there will be nothing, other than food, produced for normal people so I suggest throw nothing out as it is probably the best you are going to get!

There has been a silver lining in all this, not seeing idiot z list celebrities as much on the box or in magazine shoots. Hopefully in the 'new norm' they will suddenly find themselves an irrelevance, and the obscene amounts of money they earn, aka Ant & Dec, Gary Lineker, all the newsreaders et al, and the ridiculous posing of Ambitious Holden will seem totally inappropriate in the new world.

We can but hope.

I don’t think for a minute that QVC are going bust, but what I do think i that they are not selling the quality they did. One of the things I do like about using QVC is that I have never had a problem, plus I honestly feel it is a safe place to buy from.

I have to say that having been an internet shopper for at least 15 years, QVC still does better than other outlets, as being safe and secure to use. With very few exceptions, I still rate them highly.

In recent times, however, the merchandise they sell is a bit of a let down overall. Speaking personally.

I agree with Brissles re. Celebrities. Personally, I can’t stand Holden. There have been a few celebs who we now don’t see!

When I rang up about the fruit bushes I received last week, that I hadn’t ordered, I was told that they don’t accept plants back and was told to keep them. It’s a shame that they don’t post this on their FB page, as quite a few of the customers who have received wrecked plants have mentioned returning them. They could then simply get in touch with QVC to tell them they want a refund, although that takes ages as a rule.

QVC also sent me a 3.2kg bag of Lindt truffles that I hadn’t asked for as I’d already had a refund because they hadn’t turned up. Once again, I was told to keep them (free of charge) as they don’t accept food back either. I suppose that saves pies etc from winging their way back through the post.

I’m not on FB, but do look at the page as a guest, and if I’d asked a question and got the stock reply, together with a x at the end, there is absolutely no way I’d thank them because that’s hardly caring for the customer.
Was that the tsv with the fruit bushes and seeds. My daughter ordered it two weeks ago and it's not arrived. Katy Pullinger was saying that she has got hers and planted them so goodness knows what is going on. No chance of contacting them to ask either

There has been a silver lining in all this, not seeing idiot z list celebrities as much on the box or in magazine shoots. Hopefully in the 'new norm' they will suddenly find themselves an irrelevance, and the obscene amounts of money they earn, aka Ant & Dec, Gary Lineker, all the newsreaders et al, and the ridiculous posing of Ambitious Holden will seem totally inappropriate in the new world.

We can but hope.
Well Lineaker has been popping up even on CNN news channel.

Was that the tsv with the fruit bushes and seeds. My daughter ordered it two weeks ago and it's not arrived. Katy Pullinger was saying that she has got hers and planted them so goodness knows what is going on. No chance of contacting them to ask either
It's probably been thrown out by someone who was expecting their compost order.

Yes, it is. I did point out to CS that, as I hadn’t ordered it, then someone who had wouldn’t get theirs. 😞

And for about the first time, it wasn’t QVC’s fault because the invoice inside the package clearly said “compost” so the error is at Thompson and Morgan’s end. 😳

It's probably been thrown out by someone who was expecting their compost order.

That might be the case with others who received it in error but, as I have no room to plant them, I gave mine to a friend who already has a fruit garden, plus the packets of seeds. I have kept the blueberry bushes though as those have gone into pots.

Latest posts

Back