Do you think QVC are going bust?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been buying Acers for years and years at lest 15 or more I only have one to show for my toil and troubles they can be so hard to grow imo
They like a light shade with some sun and no wind or direct hot sun. I've got 2 biggish ones and 2 small ones and they are all lovely. I just water and flower power them once the leaves start to grow back in the spring. If I had a bigger garden I'd have loads more.

CC

You're getting to know me sooo well. It was that Jackson Pollock design jumpsuit. I mean, where, just where will I wear that? Ah well, 60 days to return it :D

CC
It's a happy print & is perfect for holidays in sunny places - they WILL return. I've been saddened by the films from Italy, especially the places in the south which are already poor, & as soon as it's allowed we'll be going back 🇮🇹

I have been buying Acers for years and years at lest 15 or more I only have one to show for my toil and troubles they can be so hard to grow imo

It is a bit hit and miss I confess. 18 years ago I bought a small one, stuck it in a pot and gave it the odd dose of Miraclegro pour and feed, and its bursts into life every year. Same with one in the front garden which is about 12 years old. I am not a tend and care gardener - rubbish actually, but I must have been lucky with the 2 acers as every winter they shed their leaves and battle with frost, rain, wind and snow, then come spring the roots start appearing again. I've also bought one with the same treatment, and it died on me within months, so its the luck of the draw.

I lived in a house where my garden backed onto a field with lots of trees.

I wanted to plant a tree in my own garden, so went to the garden centre and found a PSUEDOPLATINUS ACER on special offer, so I bought it and planted it.

When I eventually got a book to find out about it (no computers in those days) I discovered it was a sycamore.

And needless to say, the field was full of them!!!

I lived in a house where my garden backed onto a field with lots of trees.

I wanted to plant a tree in my own garden, so went to the garden centre and found a PSUEDOPLATINUS ACER on special offer, so I bought it and planted it.

When I eventually got a book to find out about it (no computers in those days) I discovered it was a sycamore.

And needless to say, the field was full of them!!!

I'm so sorry for this naughty comment Strato, but your post has Uncle knobhead written all over it. I really really enjoyed it though. xxx

Is QVC having problems getting stock? Is that why they are pushing the same products and brands all the time they are not getting deliveries from the brands because of lockdown.

That may well be the case. Also a lot of things have been on advanced order which suggests that they haven’t got the stock in the warehouse.

Hopefully they won’t decide to hike the prices up of old stock they want to shift either.

The whole channel is becoming very repetitive and as for blooming Abi Cleeves - I‘m sick to death of seeing her on the screen all the time which is why I haven’t bothered watching the shows. One bonus is that it’s saved me a shedload of money. 👍

I've been buying from the little shop in our main street and I managed to get some sweet peas and a ton of lobelia at very reasonable prices. I noticed today that a lot of my seeds that I thought weren't going to do anything are now peeping through so I doubt I'll need to buy anything else.

CC

Regarding the Miracle gro compost, and in case anyone has ordered it and has got fed up waiting for it, I rang QVC this morning to see if my request to cancel it had gone through as I no longer needed it. The CS woman referred to my previous phone calls about it and said that unfortunately the order couldn’t be cancelled and that it would still be delivered by 22nd May.

She then said that, when it was delivered and because I no longer wanted it and a cancellation wasn’t possible, I should ring them and they would give me a refund, but I could keep the compost. Presumably she realised that taking it to a post office was a little impractical and I suspect that Hermes are knee deep in collecting returns if the FB posts are to be believed.

Looking at the title of this thread after reading this morning's news I'd say probably not at present but like all retailers they'll take a huge hit in the years to come. Economic commentators say that we're facing the worst recession since the South Sea Bubble; it was bad enough teaching it to students from the safety of the 21st century knowing what's going to happen scares me to my core.

After the plant ongoing massacre.

Twilight I have actually said a few time to people I know(from a safe distance of course) look back at the history of the 20th century. After WW1 countries had the rise of the right-wing because of recession and then the Wall Street crash. Hitler. Mussolini and Franco, I can see this happening again.

On a happier note, there is another killer asteroid heading for earth. It might hit but then like all the others it might not.

Latest posts

Back