106 ct paraiba pendant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Did they actually put it up for sale in the end and, if so, did they sell it?

I was watching quite a bit, and they showed in on air a few times but I didn't see it go on sale. It was actually a pretty good colour - not the deepest ever, but definitely neon blue - and very clean, although it did have a big window!

I think we should have a sweepstake on how much it goes for. I'm guessing around £10,000 - it must be worth AT LEAST that, but would anyone pay more than that on a shopping channel?

It was actually a pretty good colour - not the deepest ever, but definitely neon blue - and very clean, although it did have a big window!

Must say, the last time I saw a window that big was when I opened my curtains this morning :54: I couldn't believe how big the window was in the stone... just glad I don't have to buy curtains for that, too!! :53:

Even though the stone is HUGE, I wouldn't want a stone like that I could read the paper through... especially when the stone is SO large that I could read the whole page of a broadsheet at one time!!! :33::23:

Must say, the last time I saw a window that big was when I opened my curtains this morning :54: I couldn't believe how big the window was in the stone... just glad I don't have to buy curtains for that, too!! :53:

Even though the stone is HUGE, I wouldn't want a stone like that I could read the paper through... especially when the stone is SO large that I could read the whole page of a broadsheet at one time!!! :33::23:

LOL, Mathilda - maybe you could use it as a magnifying glass! (Come to think of it, it did actually look rather like one...)

It is possible to cut pariabas well, I just don't know why they keep going for carat weight rather than cut.

A very, very good jewellers in my town has a loose paraiba in the window. It's about 10mm diameter, beautifully cut and the colour of a bright, deep tropical lagoon (this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000C8TQA/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 sort of colour, but much brighter). It's not completely clear, but then it's Brazilian. It's one of the most beautiful stones I've ever seen, and I've held it in my hand. Cost? £36,000 :17: :17: :17:

Have you asked them to source a second one so that you can have a lovely pair of earrings Pimms?

As per MissMagpie's original question, does anyone know if it sold or not? I was watching a film when it was "meant" to be on, and at one point I flicked across at an ad break, at 10:55pm and there was Vicki Burton with what I THINK was the piece, saying "THAT's the reason we have big security guards" or similar, so I assume that was it... surely *someone* knows!!

Latest posts

Back