Product Recall

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:Hiya: Milly and Welcome to the Forum

Sorry it's not in happier circumstances and really sorry to hear you've had a letter too.

KB - Safeguard made the comment because the heart contains nearly .44ct of diamonds and the quality (if I remember correctly) was SI1 and above and G in colour and above. She said that she wouldn't be able to source the diamonds and the gold and then make up the pendant for £100 - she couldn't even see how GemsTV with their buying power could do it either.

Crikey Meeshoo. Cant believe it. For it to happen once is awful, for it to happen 5 times is just ridiculous. How are we ever going to trust that the goods we are getting are as per the guarantee cards??

Am surprised they haven't had to make an announcement on one of the shows to make sure they cover everyone who has potentially been mis-sold goods.

What happened to their Quality Checking this time???

The worst part is you really loved some of the items and wore them regularly. I would lodge a complaint and see how that goes - they should technically refund you the total cost of the goods plus p&p even if they dont receive the goods back as a goodwill gesture given how good a customer you have been.

Good luck!

Sorry Meeshoo I don't think I phrased that correctly. I've just read my post again and it sounds like I'm saying that Safeguard were fishy!

What I meant was that it smells fishy that if they truly believed it was solid gold then why were they taking a loss unless they knew it was plated so weren't taking a loss. I didn't mean what Safeguard said was fishy! I have a great respect for Safeguard. They know what they're talking about so when they said that, in my opinion, they would be 100% correct.

You know I always seem to have the same problem - I know what I mean but nobody else does!! :Thinking2:

Sorry it didn't read the way I meant it but if you had my brain it would have!

:BigHug:

Oh KB you do make me :D

I knew exactly what you meant! I just thought I'd elaborate on why Safeguard made the comment - sorry if I confused you hun!

Fishy is a very good word that should be applied to GemsTV in this instance!!!

I really wish somebody would tell me why a company would gold plate a white gold piece!!!

Hi Milly and a warm welcome from me also. We used to have some lovely WELCOME smilies on here, so I'm hoping Graham can re-instate them before too long.

Anyway sorry to hear that you also are affected by this recall business, and your point that if something cannot be physically returned should still be re-imbursed is very reasonable. It would go some way to pouring oil on troubled waters. (Is that a proper saying???)

Meesh, This is truly shocking for you, I hope you get some serious sense out of your contact at Gems. How on earth could Gems let this happen? Where are their "stringent quality controls"?
I can understand a bit if the items were bought in, but another thought is niggling me now....Don't the assay office test the metals before they stamp them? Wouldnt they have to declare if it was "gold plated"? :confused: The other thing is, aren't Gems going to be in a lot of hot water for selling not as advertised? Surely they should have been saying "gold plated" at the time of sale! Shocking, whichever way you look at it..Gems surely know how to put off customers dont they!

Meesh this is terrible :mad: I have always trusted Gems, but I haven't bought anything for some time, (web site etc) and to be honest I feel that they really are not the company they once were :( I hope that they do sort this out for you, and £10 per item is not really much of an apology :(

Hi Milly and Welcome! Shame you too are having problems with Gems, hope you get it sorted quickly.

I think this is really bad.....but can I be a bit dopey and ask...if the hallmark is put on by the assay office, surely this is tested at the time and should have been picked up?? I know not all items are hallmarked, I've discovered a pair of earrings with just 9k stamped on them. I do worry about the gold on both gems and tjc, I recently broke a bracelet bought from the dark side which cannot be repaired as the gold had 'perished' (too much air in the gold at the time of making according to my informant, ends up like aero!!), so now I'm more than apprehensive!!( but on the other hand had a good valuation on a diamond ring - which I'll post later) very strange.:confused:

Hi Milly, welcome :) sorry to here that you are having problems as well, I hope that it is sorted out soon :)

hi and welcome milly
hope you enjoy your stay here
can any one tell me if it is only that one pendant that is affected or is it more?

Hi Milly and welcome sorry you have had problems , I've also posted on Meesh's thread.I feel very sad that Gems seem to have changed so much recently, its such a shame as it had such a good reputation (and awards ) for its customer service and they were rightly proud. I wonder what the presenters feel about the changes?

Sorry to hear about your problems Meeshoo.
I work in retail, and it is hard when problems arise to always know what to do for the best and keep everyone happy. Sadly mistakes are made.
I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

SmilieWelcome2.gif
to the forum Milly.

Sorry it wasn't on a happier note. I agree that it would have the right thing to do for Gems to have issued a refund rather than recalling every single product. Goodness knows how many have been given away as presents by now! Instead of keeping their loyal customers happy, they're just going to drive them away.

hi Milly, welcome to the forum. \o/
Sorry to hear that you've had to post about a less than happy experience.

I don't understand how this mishap can have occurred when the items have all been assayed and hallmarked. This brings into question the issue of hallmarking itself does it not?

As to the letters of recall, top marks to GTV for owning up. However, given the total amounts involved are probably not huge in the scheme of GTV's annual turnover, I rather think that refunds would have been more appropriate and would have ultimately generated more goodwill rather than leaving customers with a quandary and lousy taste in their mouths.

Latest posts

Back