Important - check your credit card statements - for "Travel Steps" - Page 10        

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Travel Steps View Post
    We apologise to anyone who has had a negative experience with Travel Steps, if you are in the 30 day trial period or you have progressed to a full membership you can still receive a full refund. We have a full explanation of our membership process and contact details to receive a refund in full on our website, www.travel-steps.co.uk/membership.php
    I phoned you on 14th February and was told I would receive written confirmation that my "membership" had been cancelled. I specifically requested that this written confirmation be sent within 7 days.

I have to-date received NO SUCH WRITTEN CONFIRMATION.

I have since written to John Ackroyd at IW to inform him of this fact and the misleading, underhand and illegal tactics you are using.

Watchdog have requested information about scams - are you going to tell them about yours? And about how you "acquire" credit card details without permission?

If not, be sure I will :1:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tolly View Post
    I thought the name of this sole "happy customer" rang a bell.....

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/in...5889&forumid=2

Look who posts shortly after SimplyNocturne....it's the company Travel Steps!
    Just because I add my thoughts as a member it does not mean I work for there company! And I am not going to throw away an offer like that because of some bad feed back i receive off some people who obviously dont know how to listen to a simple phone call!! At the end of the day, if i get there and it is a scam and i lose money or they offer me to join something - then I can easily say no, and i know for next time not to join they're membership or to have anything to do with them. I have more important things to do than to sit here writing comments all day about something that was offered to me, that you 'simple' people obviously cant understand! And obviously dont want to join, then thats totally your decision.. but for me, its a good deal, and im sure my holiday will be just as good as any other holiday!! :)

So

Post Thanks / Like

I have just had my call from Ideal World 'in association with Travel Steps' and was told by the gentleman that he just wanted to ask some questions about some items in my order history! Cheek.

I told the gentleman that under no circumstances was he to send or even offer to send, a brochure for the 'holiday deals' or anything that I had not directly requested and that Ideal World or Travel steps should not even consider debiting my card for 99 as I was not in any way, shape, form or fashion interested in joining any so called holiday clubs or the like.

He asked me if I had already received a brochure - I told him no and he better not send me one either as I wanted nothing to do with Travel Steps, whether they were in association with Ideal World or not.

He then told me he was only asking, as part of customer services, what I thought about one of the products in my order history. ( yeah, really, wonder why I didn't believe him ) I told him that as I had posted a review on the website, he allegedly had my details and if he was so interested, go and look at the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simplynocturnal View Post
    Just because I add my thoughts as a member it does not mean I work for there company! And I am not going to throw away an offer like that because of some bad feed back i receive off some people who obviously dont know how to listen to a simple phone call!! At the end of the day, if i get there and it is a scam and i lose money or they offer me to join something - then I can easily say no, and i know for next time not to join they're membership or to have anything to do with them. I have more important things to do than to sit here writing comments all day about something that was offered to me, that you 'simple' people obviously cant understand! And obviously dont want to join, then thats totally your decision.. but for me, its a good deal, and im sure my holiday will be just as good as any other holiday!! :)

So
    Then don't!
    Last edited by argeybargey; 04-03-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: quote

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simplynocturnal View Post

So
    I have been following this thread with interest because I too had 'the phone call' from Ideal World as previously posted. Everyone here has an opinion and thats fine - surely that's what forums are for. But, to insult people, as you have done simplynocturnal, by calling us 'simple' is in my opinion, unfair, unjust and unforgiveable. I am certainly not simple, but I would like to think that I am a nice person who will give everyone a fair crack of the whip.

Sorry, this made me so mad, here endeth the lesson.

Graham Guest

The other Important things must mean going to other forums defending Travel Steps :)

Post Thanks / Like

Usually people who know they haven't got a decent argument resort to insulting others because they haven't got a leg to stand on or the intelligence to argue their way politely out of a corner.

Have you been practising on the ebay forums simplynoct?

GOOD NEWS
    I finally had my letter from Travel Steps cancelling my membership - received today.

Dated 28 Feb (14 days after my initial complaint) and finally posted on 2nd March.

Post Thanks / Like

Well lets look at the facts Simply Nocturnal: :33:

I did listen to my call from Travel Steps and asked questions that they refused to answer.
    Therefore I knew it was a scam and time share.
    Therefore I didn't book up for a holiday with these shysters.
    Therefore I didn't feel compelled go onto other forums and defend Travel Steps and my actions for joining their "club".....
    If these things makes me "simple" then that's fine by me!

Oh and as a post script. A woman I work with thought she was being clever and went out on one of these "free" holidays too, determined that she wouldn't fall into the traps. The company were so p-ed off that she wouldn't sign an agreement, after the presentation/BBQ they refused to take her back to the hotel and left her stranded 10 miles from where she was staying. So make sure you have cash and the number of a local cab firm Simply Nocturnal!

Bon voyage!:10:
    Last edited by Tolly; 04-03-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

*sniggers*

Post Thanks / Like

I have read all through this thread and was amazed to see so many people writing about their experiences as I too had a phone call back in Feb this year but I never agreed or indeed told the person on the end of the phone my card details. I did agree to the catalogue like a fool but it never turned up but I was lead to believe it was to do with Ideal World as well plus the fact they went through my purchase history.

I had two payments taken from my account both for 99 each. I called my bank and they said Pressplayshopping had took it. I googled this name and found a site but that was all. I then proceeded to email them at this site and then got an email back from Travel Steps on the Monday morning but I must say they are very quick at responding which made me suspicous I mean within 3-5 minutes I had emails. I then emailed IW to ask how they came to give my details to another company and the answer I got back was we are associated with them. So it appears that most of these shopping channels are associated with each other like a huge web you are never going to get to the bottom of it.

I spoke to my bank again as my card was cancelled and they said ohh Travel Steps we know them well we are always having calls about them.

From different merchants I have spoken to they have all said that even though some-one has your details they are supposed to call before taking payments they are not allowed to just take them. But some-one has to keep the security numbers on the back of our cards because if they are not keyed in when the transaction is done they get fined 100

I will never shop on the TV again in fact I am not paying anything with my card even if it does mean paying an extra couple of 's it has to be worth it to stay in some sort of control of my money. I have been two weeks sorting this mess out. Fully agree with telling watchdog I am sure there would be a lot of people willing to join forces.