AAA Tanzanian Ruby

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meesh, where would you recommend to get semi-mounts? I've been thinking about that...

KB you're a nutter! Mwah! :10:

Lynda - what a gorgeous ring and I can definitely see why you love it. It looks stunning on your hand.

I actually own a Tanzanian Ruby. I was categorically told that it was only heated but I have my suspicions. Do I love it any less because I suspect it may be treated? Yes but that's because I'm an anorak. Do I wear it? No. Would I buy more? No.

I truly believe that so long as people know and understand what they're buying then it's their choice whether to go for heated/treated or natural. I completely agree with Jacqualina - people should be told up front what they're buying. Then they can make an informed choice. Personally I try not to buy treated gemstones (although I do own a few) and prefer natural or heated wherever possible but that's my choice. I'd never suggest to somebody not to buy a treated gemstone UNLESS they didn't want one or weren't aware.

For all of you who think that natural rubies or sapphires are out of your price range I need to tell you - they're not! You can buy a gorgeous unheated sapphire of stunning quality and colour (including a Pad although you'll need to go down in weight a bit to match price for price) for about the same price as some of the jewellery I've seen on the jewellery channels. You can then buy very reasonable semi mounts at your leisure for way under £250. If you've bought cannily, you'd then have a bespoke piece of jewellery with a value that outweighs a similar piece with a treated gemstone.

Somebody asked about Sunset Sapphire? Diffused I'm afraid. Again though, these are very pretty and if you don't mind a treated gemstone it's a good way of owning a very lovely piece of jewellery.

Calico - Hotlips is from Madagascar and is heated but untreated and has a wonderful tiger stripe inclusion.

Thanks Meeshoo hon! How are you doing?

Klosblue I too value Meesh's opinion and have learned so much from her and picked her brains raw in the past. I'm sure she knows me well enough to realise I wasn't 'dissin' her in any way as I have told her yonks ago I was after a Tanzanian Ruby as I just love the colour and clarity but thought Gems' ones were a tad too expensive.

I only paid £167 for a .74 carat ruby (and I can call it that as no-one I know personally is remotely interested in jewellery and won't know it's cooked ;)) with 26+points of fab diamonds set in 18ct WG so I'm more than pleased that I have a ring I love. :whoohoo:

I do appreciate good stones - especially the ones I can't afford :hyper: - but for me it's the design that mostly dictates what I buy. I have seen some gorgeous gems in hideous settings over the past few years and I'm not remotely tempted as I'm such a lazy sod that (as Meesh knows) I can't even be arsed to get a ring resized let alone commissioned! :hide: :scarper:

It's a beautiful ring Lynda I've seen them aired and admired them. I have one vintage ruby and diamond ring that is almost certainly untreated and a big whopper from another channel that I suspect is because it's a big stone with amazing colour and exceptionally clean, but I love it anyway. :pPC:

Klosblue I too value Meesh's opinion and have learned so much from her and picked her brains raw in the past. I'm sure she knows me well enough to realise I wasn't 'dissin' her in any way as I have told her yonks ago I was after a Tanzanian Ruby as I just love the colour and clarity but thought Gems' ones were a tad too expensive.

I only paid £167 for a .74 carat ruby (and I can call it that as no-one I know personally is remotely interested in jewellery and won't know it's cooked ;)) with 26+points of fab diamonds set in 18ct WG so I'm more than pleased that I have a ring I love. :whoohoo:

I do appreciate good stones - especially the ones I can't afford :hyper: - but for me it's the design that mostly dictates what I buy. I have seen some gorgeous gems in hideous settings over the past few years and I'm not remotely tempted as I'm such a lazy sod that (as Meesh knows) I can't even be arsed to get a ring resized let alone commissioned! :hide: :scarper:

Oh Lynda I didn't think for a minute you were dissin me (when did you become so American :4:)! I'm sure KB didn't either! Your post did make me giggle!

It's great to see you posting again hun - you've been missed. Don't be a stranger and you know where I am if you're passing at some point in 2009 (or 2010 for that matter :1:).

Klosblue I too value Meesh's opinion and have learned so much from her and picked her brains raw in the past. I'm sure she knows me well enough to realise I wasn't 'dissin' her in any way as I have told her yonks ago I was after a Tanzanian Ruby as I just love the colour and clarity but thought Gems' ones were a tad too expensive. :hide: :scarper:

Lynda no way did I think that!!! The thought never crossed my mind for one milli second I promise you. Sorry if it read like that I'm obviously just a wee bit thick - I always know what I mean but sometimes nobody else does!! Maybe they should only let me out when there's a full moon or maybe just keep me locked in a dark room and humour me !!:pattingdog:

Note to self - ensure brain engaged before fingers start moving in future! :BigHug:

Actually on second thoughts I think it's best I have a wee holiday from here because I seem to be completely unintentionally upsetting people. Apologies all.

Last edited:
Lynda no way did I think that!!! The thought never crossed my mind for one milli second I promise you. Sorry if it read like that I'm obviously just a wee bit thick - I always know what I mean but sometimes nobody else does!! Maybe they should only let me out when there's a full moon or maybe just keep me locked in a dark room and humour me !!:pattingdog:

Note to self - ensure brain engaged before fingers start moving in future! :BigHug:

Actually on second thoughts I think it's best I have a wee holiday from here because I seem to be completely unintentionally upsetting people. Apologies all.

W H A T ????? Don't you dare young lady.

Now then .......... where's that dark room to put you in?! :9:

I don't think anyone's been upset by your posts Klos, we're all big enough (and in my case ugly enough :4:) to appreciate any input and opinions from fellow blingbabes!!!

:doggie:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You have nothing to be sorry for!!!!

Shurrup about not posting you daft 'haporth. I've been playing truant for a while so not a regular poster these days and just thought you were sort of introducing me to Meeshoo - which is a lovely thought - but alas I am a very old bat from before the big forum crash, who's got designs on her lush collection and in awe of her knowledge.

And you can't hide in that dark room 'cos I've hid the booze there, but you can join me for a nightcap?!? In fact lets make it a party! :bighug:

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!

Rum and Pep anyone?

Oyyyyyyyyyy KB - what you 'avin?

Ok, I've edited to ask - who actually drinks Rum and Pep? lol

Last edited:
I can't imagine a much worse drink! Rum and Coke was my tipple in the early 80's but now I like a scotch or two - or three or................... :drunk:

....... four! Your turn at the bar KB! C'mon hun I'm sure you're a scotch drinker too!

Aww thank you for your posts Meeshoo, Lynda and M4G. I'm sorry for being a bit of a drama queen but feeling a bit useless today as my friend had a miscarriage yesterday and there's nothing I can do to make it better for her. It was her first baby and she was all excited going for her 12 week scan only to be told the baby had died around 4 weeks ago. Now I'm depressing everyone!

I'm actually a Scot who hates Scotch but I'm sorely tempted to have a wee nightcap tonight!

Thanks again xx

Awwwwwwwwww hun. You need a big
3384e6b6.gif
and a stiff tipple of your choice
wwinesmiley2.gif

Now that all is well in the world I'll bid you all goodnight.

thEmoticon-GoodNight.gif

Sorry to hear such sad news KB, your friend must be distraught. Be kind to yourself and a wee drop of what you like won't hurt. :bighug:

Night night Meesh, sweet dreams.

Thanks Meeshoo,you really are very helpful,sunset is not a "lust for" stone any more.

Sorry KB,I hadn't read you post,if it makes you feel any better,my daughter had a 12 week miscarriage 3 yrs ago,she too had been carrying a dead baby for several weeks, but went on to have a daughter now 2. So hope your friend can go on to have a successful pregnancy. Hope this makes you smile,Jeery just said "this is the biggest piece I have held in my hand"!!!!!

Latest posts

Back