What's Going On?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From Bid on Twitter this morning:

@bidtv: Happy Thursday! Looking forward for the #EasterWeekend? Make sure you join us for our #Easter Eggstravaganza launching tonight at 10pm

Happy Thursday, Bid!

I'm also disappointed that we won't get to see tomorrow's exciting news that Peter Sherlock told us about on Tuesday.

Perhaps the big news is that there's a pallet load of worry angels available for a tenner round the back by the warehouse shutters tomorrow morning?

Can you imagine Mike on Strictly!!!!! 'Now then guys, up next is xxx an' xxx. They are going to present to you tonight the passay doh-blaay, yea, I'll tell you guys, I could watch them dance this six days a week and twice on Sundays, they are brilliant! Now although xxx is a fat bird, she is very light on her feet, well she was today when she had the runs! *purses lips and waves hand in front of face. Tess Daley throws hands over face and makes groaning sound* now guys, I know great dancing, I really do, an' wat you are gonna see now is great dancing! Me 'n the goddess love to dance out in the country where I live, but she has problems wiv her plates so we can't do it as much as we'd like. Jive was a particular favourite of mine but all that moving around, well, didn't help wiv her...eh, well, let's just say, it got a little bit 'windy' I'll just leave it there guys.....you know what I mean! *Tess faints*

Fantastic! I just spat wine everywhere!

Watching qvc makes me miss bid.

I miss mike's james bond watch.... which he only wore when selling it. but he loved that watch he did

I'm not in the least bit surprised.

£64m was a hell of a debt to start with... Professor Green was dreaming if he ever thought he could rescue the Sit-up network - he should have done some research on here before hand to see what a shi1te investment he was buying into - it was over pretty soon after the creditors agreed to let the circus go on for another month...

Thank god it's over though. RIP the true Bid.tv (upto the year 2008) :mysmilie_59:

Now that the seal has been broken on the Sit-up containment field and the phantom mason, Jaxx, Simon, Russell and Schlock have been released into the wild - for gods sake they should NEVER appear on television again. Back to the cruise ships for you lot.

On a serious note, anyone know where I can get any monster glue? My garden wall has just fallen down and I can't cement. Mike said this sticks bricks together.

Now that the seal has been broken on the Sit-up containment field and the phantom mason, Jaxx, Simon, Russell and Schlock have been released into the wild - for gods sake they should NEVER appear on television again. Back to the cruise ships for you lot.

They've just left one sinking ship. Don't let them onto another. The passengers will dive overboard for some peace and quiet.

I think they should become bailiffs. For years, they've been responsible for putting **** into people's houses. Perhaps they could help by getting some of it out again.

In all seriousness (kind of) I think it's sad that the loss of Bid will deprive us of some uniquely bizarre televisual moments. Think about it: Gollum's, um, unique presenting style, Sally screaming and yelling directly into the camera lens, Peter Sherlock purring in ecstasy while he slathers snake serum into his face. Say what you will about Bid, there'll never be such weird presenting styles on TV ever again.

And last but not least, who could forget the most disturbingly weird and unfathomable presentation ever: any of Peter Simon's worry angel sales. Where could those heights of evangelical oddness ever be repeated? "May the worry angels guide and protect you. May they help you win that fight..." All for six tacky glass ornaments made in a Chinese sweatshop.

Delicious.

In all seriousness (kind of) I think it's sad that the loss of Bid will deprive us of some uniquely bizarre televisual moments. Think about it: Gollum's, um, unique presenting style, Sally screaming and yelling directly into the camera lens, Peter Sherlock purring in ecstasy while he slathers snake serum into his face. Say what you will about Bid, there'll never be such weird presenting styles on TV ever again.

And last but not least, who could forget the most disturbingly weird and unfathomable presentation ever: any of Peter Simon's worry angel sales. Where could those heights of evangelical oddness ever be repeated? "May the worry angels guide and protect you. May they help you win that fight..." All for six tacky glass ornaments made in a Chinese sweatshop.

Delicious.

Where will we see their like again? It was like something from League of Gentlemen!!!

I'm not in the least bit surprised.

£64m was a hell of a debt to start with... Professor Green was dreaming if he ever thought he could rescue the Sit-up network - he should have done some research on here before hand to see what a shi1te investment he was buying into - it was over pretty soon after the creditors agreed to let the circus go on for another month...

Thank god it's over though. RIP the true Bid.tv (upto the year 2008) :mysmilie_59:

Oh no please Paul. Let's not let them anywhere near a Cruise Ship, not even one of John Cooper's.

It's not fair, I hope they find work but in say an office, or in Gollum's case, on an Oil Rig.

Delicious.

Its fair to say that I'm in mourning and I'm being deadly serious, I've watched these channels for around 10 years now and you all know how Peter Simon has gone strite through me now by some of the posts I make, I'm also gutted that Lisa Brash never got the chance to ask Peter if he wanted to spend an afternoon with me and take me on a tour of bid towers :-(. Now we may never see him again ;(

I agree with an earlier poster they were once great channels I've said it many times in the past myself and I'm glad I've got hundreds of hours of recordings from the good days to look back on sometime

I suspect this wasn't their choice. I suspect HMRC and/or the banks have pushed for administration because they want owed money. HMRC have very big powers in particular for putting companies into administration. I would hope that it wasn't a voluntary decision to go into administration - although after reading some reports online a few minutes ago stating that they've gone into administration due to "a lower than expected number of sales over the last month" does suggest that it might have been voluntary. At the moment though, I think that could be the media speculating. I doubt anyone, other than the administrators, know the exact circumstances about the situation. I really hope that there's nothing sinister in it if it was a voluntary decision. I'm not going to say much more on that for obvious reasons, but I think you can draw your own conclusions.........

I think sadly you might be right. (Not that I am sad you are right you understand!!!) this maybe one last roll of the dishonesty dice from the bosses.

PJ.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Its fair to say that I'm in mourning and I'm being deadly serious, I've watched these channels for around 10 years now and you all know how Peter Simon has gone strite through me now by some of the posts I make, I'm also gutted that Lisa Brash never got the chance to ask Peter if he wanted to spend an afternoon with me and take me on a tour of bid towers :-(. Now we may never see him again ;(

I agree with an earlier poster they were once great channels I've said it many times in the past myself and I'm glad I've got hundreds of hours of recordings from the good days to look back on sometime

It's a real shame Mega, it genuinely is when you think what it once was.

But the post Virgin Media Sit-Up was an utter abomination, it really did have to go and now it has. They couldn't possibly recover but to my eye they didn't even seem to seriously try to when they decided to keep most of the presenters that did so much damage to their once decent name. I accept it's the bosses that pulled the strings but what on earth were they thinking of getting rid of Debbie and Andy but keeping people like Mason and Russell? Are there two more dislikeable people on shopping telly?

And as for the new Price Drop? Good grief, Paul Evers? I have never in all my years seen anything like it, genuinely.

I'm amazed it lasted this long, I really am.

Really? has this whole farcical attempt of a shopping network finally gone?! Hope so! What a load of sh*t it really was!

Maybe if we club together we could get MeMike to have a YouTube channel. We could film it on the remaining Vivitar camcorders which as we all know are 4K IMAX quality so no problems there.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

What dance should one do on the grave of a defunct shopping channel? I want to say a sort of river dance but this is important so I want to get it right ... Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Latest posts

Back