Wynne Layers TSV 04/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Debbie often presents the late night fashion Shows, she then is lucky enough to be given a sample to try. I expect that she was disappointed she didn’t get the slot. I can imagine Julia wearing the padded poncho as she strolls through the grounds of her home with one of the qvc guest gardeners.They really are so lucky!

Melissa just said that poncho is a show stopping piece ha ha ha. Oh yes and jaw dropping as well. What on earth does Catherine Huntley look like in it and Maxine looks like she's got her PJ's and her granny's dressing gown on. Trying to resuscitate Mr CC who is rolling around the floor trying to breathe through laughter.

But I thought this was limited stock? Is this a different version or did no one buy them after all.

CC

I think they are wearing the velvet version. Can you imagine tuning into qvc for the first time and seeing Catherine Huntley and the stunning Melissa wearing that gear? They are sure to become customers.

The quilted poncho is like those joke sumo wrestler costumes were you can run at a wall, wrestle, fall over and never hurt yourself.

You’ve got to feel sorry for Chuntley, she thinks she’s rocking it in her unknown designer ensemble, Primani clothes with Marks and Spencer’s prices. :mysmilie_17:

So pleased so many of you were treated to the kimono creation from the midnight launch show Oh My Giddy Aunt!
Hubby and I had the tv on chatting away not watching, winding down before just going up to bed and then hubby just announced about of the blue, what the heck are they wearing? Oh my word I was so tired, I thought I was seeing things. Melissa I couldn’t believe was going on and on about it being fabulous. Long tall blonde Sally was modelling and my hubby kept saying what’s that bit hanging at the side. In fact we didn’t then go up straight to bed the sheer sight of the monstrosity I think well and truly woke us up.
It really did look like those blown up sheets of plastic packaging that resemble tubes and are used in place of bubble wrap.

OK, the first one of us to actually see someone walking about outside in this monstrosity will win a free one.

Sumo costumes don't count!

CC

I think a thief will do very well with that jacket in the stores this season, grab something..slip it in sideways and confidently walk out past the store detective with the stash! Who's going to stop you with that on??

Melissa just said that poncho is a show stopping piece ha ha ha. Oh yes and jaw dropping as well. What on earth does Catherine Huntley look like in it and Maxine looks like she's got her PJ's and her granny's dressing gown on. Trying to resuscitate Mr CC who is rolling around the floor trying to breathe through laughter.

But I thought this was limited stock? Is this a different version or did no one buy them after all.

CC

I missed the show this morning (thank god) but I saw the abomination in the midnight hour and I couldnt believe it was 'selling fast'. Who would pay that price for that hideous thing. I reckon the people who bought it must have more money than sense but each to their own. I am so glad that I'm not the only one who didnt like it. I was beginning to wonder if I was missing out.

CC

Chuntley looks a sight. The top is so thin it's showing the outline of her bra (plunge), the trousers are too wide to be paired with it which makes her look shapeless & the shoes are a no-no. As for the hairstyle :mysmilie_19: maybe her man likes her to dress up as Helga from 'Allo Allo :mysmilie_17:

Chloe and Jaqui Joseph were ridiculing the Princes Leah/Heidi look this morning. I just re-watched Natasha in that shiny purple poncho - I mean what's going on at the back of it, you could hide a grizzly bear up there. Poor girl had that kind of "get me out of here" frozen smile on her face. I wonder what the models thought when they looked in the mirror - or maybe they didn't . . .

CC

The poncho? I can offer a much cheaper alternative. I have many cardboard boxes in my garage from my house move, I will for free cut up the front and create a neck.They do have the name of a large removal firm plastered all over them, but so very on-trend, on all the Runways next season, Tres, Tres, Chic.Very Marla.

Chuntley looks a sight. The top is so thin it's showing the outline of her bra (plunge), the trousers are too wide to be paired with it which makes her look shapeless & the shoes are a no-no. As for the hairstyle :mysmilie_19: maybe her man likes her to dress up as Helga from 'Allo Allo :mysmilie_17:

TBH the Helga hair is the least offensive bit! If she knew how many pounds weight that get up adds to her she would have her head in the oven. All vegan (plastic) of course

It's like 101 uses for a padded straitjacket... or Marla designed it for a dare and they featured it for a dare, and the models wore it for a laugh. At these prices, though, the joke wears off pretty fast.

I like Marla, but the offerings on the QVC website, and the jawdropping spectacle of this TSV and the scene-stealing poncho have exposed the lack of real design expertise for me. The clothes look like sacks on most of the models on the Q website (even allowing for their dire photography of the items), and the proportions are completely wrong.

I watched a Netflix series about El Chapo and I`m sure he wore a similar padded poncho when imprisoned in a Mexican jail. Maybe that`s where MW got her inspiration for it ? The jailbird/convict/drug dealer look ?

Latest posts

Back