TSV Launches Moving to 9pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Call me stupid but if it launches each day at 9pm that means that it is a current offer for 24 hours. When it launched at 12 each night that was a current offer for 24 hours so how are we getting an extra 3 hours as the headlines of the email shouts. Am I missing something- are they going to overlap?

Since the TSV is previewed days in advance and takes up at least 15 minutes of every show how is this “giving” us extra time as we get far too much time spent on them anyway.

Can you imagine the confusion on Qcut after 9pm - is it today's special value that you require or tomorrow's?
Do you want us to send out today's special value, tomorrow's or would you rather just wait and see what turns up.

Ive just had a look at the tv guide for next week. Yes they are finishing at 12 and it seems that they have a mix of things at 9.00 . Well I wont bet switching on at 9.00 because I will probably be watching the tv then. If I miss the tsv, then sobeit.

Ive just had a look at the tv guide for next week. Yes they are finishing at 12 and it seems that they have a mix of things at 9.00 . Well I wont bet switching on at 9.00 because I will probably be watching the tv then. If I miss the tsv, then sobeit.

Yes I thought they’d finish at twelve (again Ideal World) they’d be no point shifting it to 9pm if they’re still on air at midnight. What gets me though is, just seen the advert saying you don’t have to wait up till midnight, it’s as if they’re giving you something. They’ve been on air for 26 years, not 26 days so we know the change is all about saving money and giving the presenters an even cushier ride, not doing it for customers.

from Will's Blog

"from Tuesday 2nd July, all of our Today’s Special Value offers will launch LIVE on QVC TV at 9pm, it means you can see full presentations of our ‘Best Find of the Day’ three hours earlier."

from Will's Blog

"from Tuesday 2nd July, all of our Today’s Special Value offers will launch LIVE on QVC TV at 9pm, it means you can see full presentations of our ‘Best Find of the Day’ three hours earlier."

Will’s a bit behind the times, just like QVC, because Debbie Flint told people live on air a month ago,

Yes I thought they’d finish at twelve (again Ideal World) they’d be no point shifting it to 9pm if they’re still on air at midnight. What gets me though is, just seen the advert saying you don’t have to wait up till midnight, it’s as if they’re giving you something. They’ve been on air for 26 years, not 26 days so we know the change is all about saving money and giving the presenters an even cushier ride, not doing it for customers.

TV guide doesn't really make it clear exactly how it is going to work as still looks like there is a midnight hour/launch

Can you imagine the confusion on Qcut after 9pm - is it today's special value that you require or tomorrow's?
Do you want us to send out today's special value, tomorrow's or would you rather just wait and see what turns up.

- For Today’s Special Value which was launched yesterday press 1

- For tomorrow’s Today’s Special Value which we’re already calling Today’s Special Value press 2

- For today’s Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery if you’re calling before 9.00pm, which is also Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery which was launched yesterday, press 3

- For today’s Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery if you’re calling after 9.00pm but before midnight, after which we’ll be calling it Today’s Special Value, even though it was launched the previous day, which is currently still today and not yesterday, and which we’ll be calling Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery until 9.00pm tomorrow, press 4

- For equally good or better bargains yesterday, today, tomorrow or any time, hang up and see Google.

TV guide doesn't really make it clear exactly how it is going to work as still looks like there is a midnight hour/launch

Thanks Sazza, it’s all a bit confusing isn’t it. :mysmilie_17:

- For Today’s Special Value which was launched yesterday press 1

- For tomorrow’s Today’s Special Value which we’re already calling Today’s Special Value press 2

- For today’s Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery if you’re calling before 9.00pm, which is also Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery which was launched yesterday, press 3

- For today’s Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery if you’re calling after 9.00pm but before midnight, after which we’ll be calling it Today’s Special Value, even though it was launched the previous day, which is currently still today and not yesterday, and which we’ll be calling Today’s Special Value on Auto Delivery until 9.00pm tomorrow, press 4

- For equally good or better bargains yesterday, today, tomorrow or any time, hang up and see Google.

Absolutely brilliant Andi. :mysmilie_19:

Are they getting the message, or is this just another act of desperation ?

Seemingly the message of p & p is bringing a few results in the shape of reduced postage on many products, and zero postage on a lot of others.

Are they getting the message, or is this just another act of desperation ?

Seemingly the message of p & p is bringing a few results in the shape of reduced postage on many products, and zero postage on a lot of others.

Although according to Arsebook most base prices are more thus the actual price is the same or more just cut in a different way.

Craig has referred to the 9pm showing as a preview so that would suggest still a midnight hour full launch.

Yes Lati, I get you, it’s 24 hours no matter what time it launches so were are the extra 3 hours coming from?

Being the extremely sad person that I am (and I am), in America (as always) their 24 hours is around 27 as it accounts for different time zones within the one country, now as far as I am aware at the moment (unless Scotland gets its wish) we are all of one time zone (though again this will be BST the whole year round soon), so is it going to be available for 24 or 27? I suppose in reality it doesn't really matter, as there are more and more going on 'pre-sale' now that the phrase TSV is starting to become irrelevant!

Craig has referred to the 9pm showing as a preview so that would suggest still a midnight hour full launch.

Yes I caught much the same think it was yesterday, being spouted from Julia. Saying something along the lines of the TSV for the next day being shown the previous day in a preview launch at 9pm. Helpful to those wanting to go to bed prior to midnight and missing the sell out at the morning show airing. She also added in that there would be the TSV launch midnight show as per normal.

So they must be getting a lot of backlash if they spin is now that it's a preview! Still if they don't follow up the preview with a live launch at midnight, we will know what it is is simply spinning something that's not been well received.

Not like QVC to be hamfisted about such matters, is it:mysmilie_11:

Erm, not sure where I am with this new time lark for the tsv. When scanning through the show listing it only gives Top Offers at 9pm, and then its normal shows for 11pm and midnight. So, I'll admit I haven't checked it out yet, but is the midnight hour the same tsv show as 9pm - which is yet to be seen on the listings ?

In the past the tsv has checked in as segments on the regular shows throughout the day, but even that appears to have been stopped (not a bad thing), I give up.

It’s a bit odd when they have a jewellery day, but break to have a beauty TSV on at 9pm, then carry on with jewellery till midnight. Why don’t they go the whole shebang and copy Ideal World completely and have their shopping day 9pm-9pm that way the Liz Earle will start at 9pm till the following 9pm, confused? me too. :mysmilie_17:

Erm, not sure where I am with this new time lark for the tsv. When scanning through the show listing it only gives Top Offers at 9pm, and then its normal shows for 11pm and midnight. So, I'll admit I haven't checked it out yet, but is the midnight hour the same tsv show as 9pm - which is yet to be seen on the listings ?

In the past the tsv has checked in as segments on the regular shows throughout the day, but even that appears to have been stopped (not a bad thing), I give up.

nah its just the tsv & then they go back to whatever the hour is meant to be as on my TV guide it says like LIZ EARLE/LOLA ROSE which it is the midnight hour will always be when the tsv launches properly

sorry SCW I must be having brain fog, as I'm not sure I understand what you mean either. What do you mean - when the tsv launches properly at midnight ? Doesn't it launch 'properly' at 9pm ? (Crikes, I might be a bit older than their target audience, but I feel like I have one brain cell trying to figure out what they're trying to do)

sorry SCW I must be having brain fog, as I'm not sure I understand what you mean either. What do you mean - when the tsv launches properly at midnight ? Doesn't it launch 'properly' at 9pm ? (Crikes, I might be a bit older than their target audience, but I feel like I have one brain cell trying to figure out what they're trying to do)

9pm is a launch but really a preview, there is a full launch/hour still at midnight

Latest posts

Back